Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LadyMacbeth998

I went out in public today with no makeup on

It was 82 degrees today,so as soon as I got off work, I took off my makeup, b/c it was getting sweaty and gross. My brother and sister invited me to go to the movies with them, and were leaving in five minutes. I just left with them( no time to reapply). I am so proud of myself. Yes, I was in a dark movie theater with no one to see me, but at least it's a step. And it felt great! biggrin.gif

congrad,, it takes alot of guts to do that.. I've never left my house without my makeup before but lately I've been wearing no makeup to go grab take out food or to go get groceries.. it's an improvment even though my acne isn't getting any better. At least I've changed my mind set a bit.

I've been going out without makeup if i won't meet co-workers or friends.

last night though i got brave and met up a friend and her beau without any foundation at all. just my bare face. they didn't even comment on my marks - probably because i wasn't self-conscious.

goes to show that attitude counts a lot. the more you put yourself down the more other people will think you're inferior to them.

I've been going out without makeup if i won't meet co-workers or friends.

last night though i got brave and met up a friend and her beau without any foundation at all. just my bare face. they didn't even comment on my marks - probably because i wasn't self-conscious.

goes to show that attitude counts a lot. the more you put yourself down the more other people will think you're inferior to them.

i never wear make-up. last i wore make-up was... i can't remember when... im scared it'll clog my pores and my face will break out to death and i'll regret it later.

however, last month, i suffered a REALLY REALLY BAD never-like-before breakout and am recovering from it now. but i have red marks to remind me of that... i'm going out with my friends this friday and saturday and am considering wearing concealer for my red marks.. but im scared i'll break out and i'll regret it later on. tongue.gif what do you think? make-up or no make-up? i'm scared i'll break out again since my skin has not 100percent recovered. tongue.gif although, i'd also like to have a good time and not feel self-conscious..

i know. what a shallow dilemma. but still.. im sure you could all relate at some point.

Guest Shjaker
Nice job on not letting acne get the best of you in that situation.  I don't even think you have to put yourself down to let others feel superior to you. I notice it in the way people carry themselves whether they feel inferior or superior.

"As for make-up, I don't wear it. Except eyeliner to pop my eyes occasionally. I don't want to get into a cycle where I can't go out without makeup because it's too frightening. I'll stay natural for now."

Its sooo hard to break the cycle, once you get used to wear make-up when u go out.

I wouldnt know about make up but I prefer natural beauty to artificial, I think if you just dont wear makeup around the house enough, and get used to it, then say screw it and go out without it, people will respect you for who you really are. Honestly, people percieve you differently than you may think smile.gif

so i went today and decided to not wear make up... i never wear make-up anyway, but i just semi-considered it because i had an out-of-the-normal horrendous breakout last month and am filled with red makrs... oh well, i personally prefer natural beauty as opposed to make-up smothered beauty...

thankfully, nobody said anything about my skin, since it was dark i ges??? hehe. or maybe because i wasnt self-conscious... i dunno. just hope these red marks go away before school starts in june. tongue.gif im still breaking out but no where near as bad as before.. so i suppose, it could be worse... oh well. life.

you people are brave =)

i'm so dependent on makeup. acutally it's not quite as bad cause lately i've been using less and basically when i don't wear any i just CANT look in the mirror..

I never wear makeup. I tried it for one short period in my life when I was in my first year of Uni., but I felt so uncomfortable and strange. With the accumulation of acne scars (pih, red marks that I've had for many years), I couldn't bear the idea of wearing makeup; if I would take the makeup off, they'd still be there.

I find it hard enough to tolerate cleansing, moisturizing and using bp at night. My brothers have told me repeatedly over the years that they cannot stand makeup on women, which has always offered me some comfort, even though their comments were not directed to me. This has nothing to do with why I don't wear any. It is just too peculiar to put colour on my face.

I don't know, but I think because I grew up being fully accepted by my family the way I was, I never felt any pressure to wear makeup. I just don't think I was socialized into wearing makeup. The only time I felt some pressure, was for job interviews. A woman is considered sloppy or ignorant if she doesn't wear makeup. But I've resisted makeup anyway. There's nothing wrong with wearing makeup, for girls or guys, it's a personal choice. It's just not one I'm comfortable with.

I have to wear makeup to look normal. I have too much hyperpigmentation, red marks and dark scars not to.

ONE day I didn't wear makeup a couple months ago and I looked at myself in the car mirror and wanted to GO HOME RIGHT AWAY! Terrible..

I'm just hoping that after my peels, I'll have clearer skin and the scars will be lighter so I won't feel a need to wear makeup as much. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

so brave..

i had to go downstairs without makeup to get my laundry...

and i covered my face with my sweater and ran..

worse part, a neighbor saw me and was like... "what the hell..?"

im hoping after tane and some facials i'll be able to go out without a single bit of makeup.

Guest Marino

I remember when I got a microdermabrasion and a chemical peel and it made my skin scab up all over.... make up was out of the question so I went around for a week with one of those funny Australian full brim hats with the cork screws hanging down biggrin.gif Evan in Australia they look wierd, well suburban austrlaia anyway.

Its funny how acne makes you do wierd things? What about some acne medication and photosensitivity?? My friends think I'm a siko coz of the way I avoid the sun, LOL!

I remember when I got a microdermabrasion and a chemical peel and it made my skin scab up all over.... make up was out of the question so I went around for a week with one of those funny Australian full brim hats with the cork screws hanging down biggrin.gif Evan in Australia they look wierd, well suburban austrlaia anyway.

Its funny how acne makes you do wierd things? What about some acne medication and photosensitivity?? My friends think I'm a siko coz of the way I avoid the sun, LOL!

Hey after a year of constantly wearing make up, I went to school without it last wednesday! It was great! But now that it's so hot, I feel gross when wearing make up. I like the breeze on my face without any stuff on it smile.gif

No way I'm going back to putting on make up. Maybe only my new mineral powder that's supposed to arrive soon smile.gif