Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blueyesurfer

PIC POST AND TREATMENT INFO

I've never had cysts... just a couple zits here and there, but I'm a really poor healer and I drink alot; staying up late. Definately alcohol while having acne is a negative. Don't do it...

If I were you, I'd go with silicone injections, as your scars are of the soft, rolling type. Spot dermabrasion following silicone may get your skin back to scar free, literally.

No wonder you said the girls do not care about acne scars, if those are the only acne scars you have :-) !

Ok, those are rolling scars to me.

Maybe subscision or a spot dermabrasion would correct them.

The photo is little out of focus though to tell how deep they actually are.

You asked me about my progress and about new photos.

I just added one new photo (2 both sides) which has been taken today. (see punch elevation details thread)

Guest delta force operators

hey is that the only area on your face you have scarring?

have u done microderm?

Peels will not work dude. Even the mega peels, ie. Phenol, are usually effective only for wrinkles. Other peels may give the illusion of a fix, but only because of the temporary tightening effect. Don't waste your time on peels.

Thanks for replying... do peels work at all?

Why take the chance of TCA Cross making your scars larger or deeper? I wouldnt want to take that chance...IMO I think you should opt for a filler such as Restylane or Perlane.....instantly...scars gone...no downtime ..have a nice summer... cool.gif

Why take the chance of TCA Cross making your scars larger or deeper? I wouldnt want to take that chance...IMO I think you should opt for a filler such as Restylane or Perlane.....instantly...scars gone...no downtime ..have a nice summer... cool.gif

yes on a coupe of icepicks I tried 50% TCA cross...it made them worse.. according to his pic, his scars are kinda wide and not very deep...it is just my opinion TCA cross would be risky..those are the only scars he has....they obviously bother him, why take a chance to make them deeper?....plus the down time involved...

how many times have u done cross on those ice pick scars nodoubt????

whats the going price for restalyne now??? Whats the approximate time that it lasts??

Nodoubt,i made a scar deeper when i first did tca cross but Dr Chu told me that you have to keep treating it with the acid and it will fill in.so l did as the Dr said,and now the scar is filling in.

I have just about every known acne scar mentioned on this site as i have severe acne scarring and i have been trying tca cross on all of them with improvement on most.

My opinion is,tca cross is the best treatment that is working for me.

By the way,i have used a lesser tca acid but now im using 100% tca acid with better results.

With all due respect you guys...I am not here to argue the benifits of TCA cross..I am aware many of you have good results with TCA Cross...I was giving blueyesurfer my honest opinion...I did it twice and each time my scars became deeper...if he wants to "chance it" and make the only scars on his facedeeper, redder or larger, well...that is his prerogative..he can do what he wants with the info given .... wink.gif

Here is price and info regarding Restylane..my PS only charges me $400 per cc..and I live near Chicago..IMO the websites price quotes are a rediculously high.

Yes, I am aware TCA is alot cheaper than Restylane..but, there is little to no risk either.... http://www.restylane.info/cost.php

Guest delta force operators

the pic is kinda outa focuse,

I have scars like you Blueyesufer. Hey what if he tried like a weaker amount of TCA, like less than 50 percent? Wouldn't it make sense that shallower scars need less concentration of TCA? Just a thought.

melissa

My experiences with TCA run parallel to Nodoubt's, up to a certain point. I did my first 50% TCA Cross on March 19. My scars (icepicks and a few boxcars) have looked like crap since then---I don't think they got any deeper after the scabs came off, they may even be more shallow, but they are wider and redder and thus more noticeable (I followed instructions and stayed within the center of the scar). Immediately after the TCA application, they looked a lot worse/deeper in the pre-scabbing phase. I was hesitant to try a second treatment with the 50%, but I went ahead with it earlier this evening after reading on here that the first treatment often yields mixed results.

So anyway, after the frosting today, my scars look better instead of worse like they did the first time. I hate to get my hopes up, but I hope this means my results will be better this time. Two icepicks that I treated tonight (I treated about 14 in total) have dissappeared completely. The skin underneath the scars that I treated is swollen, so that may be what has caused them to dissappear---I know this may only be temporary. But after my first time application of the TCA a month and a half ago the scars looked worse immediately afterwards. So my advice is not to give up on TCA completely. I will keep everyone posted on how the scars look after the scabs come off.

My experiences with TCA run parallel to Nodoubt's, up to a certain point.  I did my first 50% TCA Cross on March 19.  My scars (icepicks and a few boxcars) have looked like crap since then---I don't think they got any deeper after the scabs came off, they may even be more shallow, but they are wider and redder and thus more noticeable (I followed instructions and stayed within the center of the scar).  Immediately after the TCA application, they looked a lot worse/deeper in the pre-scabbing phase.  I was hesitant to try a second treatment with the 50%, but I went ahead with it earlier this evening after reading on here that the first treatment often yields mixed results. 

So anyway, after the frosting today, my scars look better instead of worse like they did the first time.  I hate to get my hopes up, but I hope this means my results will be better this time.  Two icepicks that I treated tonight (I treated about 14 in total) have dissappeared completely.  The skin underneath the scars that I treated is swollen, so that may be what has caused them to dissappear---I know this may only be temporary.  But after my first time application of the TCA a month and a half ago the scars looked worse immediately afterwards.  So my advice is not to give up on TCA completely.  I will keep everyone posted on how the scars look after the scabs come off.

how much does a cc cover for scars??? because Im thinkin of doin but im not sure if its worth it.

I have like 7 rolling scars

If you are talking about Restylane, I think it is available in 1/2cc ..that may be all you need...otherwise..1cc would prolly be more than enough..plus, I think they can save the extra for touch ups later on...you will have to discuss it with your doc.