Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
littlemiss

Big zit forming...How do I stop it?

I have felt this lump under my skin for like 3 days, and I know it is a pimple waiting to happen. Is there anything i can do to prevent it or make it not as bad?

I got a HUGE ONE surfacing on the side of my cheek!!

Just applying TTO and Aloe Vera Gel and some Queen Helene Mint Masque as a Spot Treatment!!

Hopefully this works

I have some lotion with alpha hydroxy in it, but it's the neutrogena one. I don't think the aha in it is very strong. I have the mint julep mask, I will definitely try that. Thanks! eusa_angel.gif

I have some lotion with alpha hydroxy in it, but it's the neutrogena one. I don't think the aha in it is very strong. I have the mint julep mask, I will definitely try that. Thanks! eusa_angel.gif

I have felt this lump under my skin for like 3 days, and I know it is a pimple waiting to happen.  Is there anything i can do to prevent it or make it not as bad?

I'd say go with the AHA instead of BP, if you have some on hand. BP will dry it out, as will the AHA, but BP makes my red marks last >6 months. (I stopped using BP a little over 2 months ago, and noticed that my new red marks from the past two months are now lighter than the ones that have been there over 6 months.)

Also, icing seems to help me a bit.

Guest <*>

If you feel a spot coming up should'nt you just let it surface? If you make it go with topicals will it not just come back [email protected] Where does the puss go? it must come back up.

Thanks so much for all of your replies. I put the mint julep mask on it last night after the usual regimen. It seems like it's still the same, but atleast it's not worse. Hopefully, I will kill it before it comes up

<*> - I have found that by spot treating the bump stays around a little longer than usual but it doesnt have to come to a head. I think the body starts to get rid of the pus somehow.

what to do when u feel bumps under the skin?????

Do nothing to it, if you usually dont get big cysts, this is more than likely just an over-grown pastule.

Really, squeezing it, and applying all that stuff makes it SO much worse, just try not doing anything for once.

If you really want to apply something to make u feel better, neosporin on the bump will numb the pain and help reduce swelling.

Chemicals just make them stay longer....i learned the hard way, now whenever i feel big pimples under the skin i just leave them be. Most of the time they dont even come to a head. Gone in 3-5 days with minial redding before, and none afterwards....

I have had good luck with hydrocortisone as well. Nothing works great, but it, along with ice, has helped some newly forming ones never get huge.

I have never encountered a topical that can stop a 'very large' pimple

or even reduce it's destined outcome. If it's purely inflammatory, due

to something I've ate, not sebacious, it may go away on it's own. If

it is sebaceous, it may not happen that way. I've resolved they will

go away on their own, or come to a head to be extracted properly.

They happen so regularlly I don't think case-by-case, though I've

made great strides with my skin, I still average a few a week, but

milder ones, since dietery changes have all but stopped cysts and

I get less noticable ones that tend to clear a lot faster once there.

Mark D.

Right, OK people, heres the lowdown on how to absolutely stop a bump forming into a pimple:

Apply pure tea tree oil - let it dry

Apply BP cream - let it absorb

Moisturise

Do this morning, night and in the middle of the day. And make sure you moisturise to stop over dryness and flaking

do i have to moistureize?

and bp does shit,,, it doesnt even dry it out.

Im gonna try tea trea oil

if your gunna use TTo pure 3x a day then id deffo moisturise, it will just make your skin so flaky if you . I think BP does a lot for preventing a spot.

I tested this 3 days ago when i felt a **really** painful spot under the surface. Applied TTo and BP 3x a day and the spot never came to the surface - not even a tiny pimple or whitehead - it just vanished.

Seriously try it - i'm not just preaching to become popular like a lot of ppl do sometimes.

balloon head

Is it ok to spot treat with TTO twice a day maybe? Without mositurizing (caus ei hate that shit)

Does it actually get rid of the deep zit?

twice a day is fine thats what i personally usually do (because i have real sensitive skin). You dont have to moisturise if you think you're skin can handle it. And it sounds like you want something to really dry the spot out, so yeah try it without moisturing and tell us how it is for you.

It really does kill the spot. Its most effective when you feel a bump coming up, and treat it as early as possible. There tends to be a threshold where you can apply TTO and it works wonder, but after that, (i.e. if you apply it too late like when you can see ann obvious large bump) then you might just cause the pimple to hang around for longer than usual and red marks might be prolonged a lot longer.