Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tp414

Neutrogean microdermabrasion system + The Regimen

I finished accutane approximately 7 months ago. All in all I would say accutane was the best thing I ever did for my acne. eusa_clap.gif My face cleared up nicely and even though it is no magic bullet, the acne I get now is nothing compared to the constant breakouts I suffered before accutane. Now I just have those small little comedones that are really just clogged oil plugs. My derm gave me differen, but I prefer to use Dan's regimen and in one week of being on the regimen, my skin is back to being 100% cleared! Thank you Dan eusa_clap.gif BP + moisturizer was the perfect combo to get those nasty little comedones under control. After accutane I noticed I had some very minor shallow scars on my cheeks, they aren't too bad and with makeup are virtually undetectable, but they bother me. doubt.gif I thought I would try the microdermabrasion system and see if I can't gently buff these out.

I went out and bought it yesterday and used it last night. Immediately I noticed that my skin was much smoother and softer. The scars don't look any different but according to to the box, you see the most visible results the fourth week. I did notice today that my makeup went on alot smoother this morning and I used less. I use mineral makeup, so usually when I buff the product in I see little flakies that come to the surface. There were none today! Just smooth skin and makeup just looked great. biggrin.gif

As per instructions I will use it every day the first week and then discontinue the second week and then restart back the 3rd week using it only 3x's a week. I will update regularly to chart my progress. If you want to know more about the neutrogena microdermabrasion system and see what others are saying then go here. smile.gif

Here is my routine:

PM: Wash with purpose

use microdermabrasion system

wait about 20 mins, then apply 2.5% BP

wait about 20 mins, apply eucerin moisturizer

AM: Wash with purpose

apply eucerin moisturizer

wait about 10 mins then apply my makeup.

I also do the aspirin mask once a week. I find it tightens my pores and helps with the oil.

okay...well day two and no change from yesterday. My skin is just much smoother and no acne whatsoever. I'm really loving Dan's regimen and I'm so grateful that he has shared it with all of us. I plan to order my bp through his site to help further the cause as well as save a little money wink.gif

my scars don't look any different but i didn't really expect them too this soon. I will wait the full 4 weeks and see what occurs then. smile.gif

**UPDATE** - I came home today from school and decided to take a hot bath and do my hair rather than do it later tonight. I was examining my skin a little closer and I noticed that my pores are VERY small eusa_dance.gif . This is really unusual because my pores on my upper cheek area tend to be noticeable even now after accutane. They just seem smaller and more closed for some reason..and the pores on my nose are virtually non existent. I will do my treatment tonight and see tomorrow morning how things look, but all in all.. I do think that this is a dramatic change for me. smile.gif

If anyone is reading this log and has a system would you let me know how it's working for you?

hey, im not using the dermabrasion system....but i really want it, it sounds good, did you buy it from a store? and how much did it cost?

im glad everything is working for you, keep updating coz ill be reading to see how it goes.

x x x

hey, im not using the dermabrasion system....but i really want it, it sounds good, did you buy it from a store? and how much did it cost?

im glad everything is working for you, keep updating coz ill be reading to see how it goes.

x x x

hey there!

I bought it for $30 at a store called Fred Meyer (it's an Oregon store) They had a coupon where if you bought two Nuetrogena products you got $5 off. So I bought the Nuetrogena On the Spot Bp for $3.99 and the MD system for 35.00, plus I had a manufacturers coupon so I only paid the $30. Plus Nuetrogena has a rebate coupon from their site that I will send in, to save even more. I've heard you can get it at walmart for $32.00, they have a website if you want to order it online, you can also try drugstore.com and dermadoctor.com. Target has it too, for about $35.00.

Well here is my day 3 update. My skin is looking even better, the shallow scars are still there, but my skin tone is evening out and it's so baby soft! My pores are very small and the oil production is less. I absolutely love this little machine eusa_dance.gif Even if it didn't do a thing for the shallow scars in 4 weeks, what it has done so far is impressive. My skin is definitely softer, smoother and more even toned. I really feel that with Dan's regimen and this MD system I have found a great way to control my minor breakouts as well as keep my skin fresh and healthy.

well nothing new to add, except that my skin looks fantastic. My parents have commented how great my skin looks. My mom said "it's like you are on accutane all over again, your pores are so small and your skin looks flawless". That made me feel so good and i know that between Dan's regimen and this nuetrogena MD system i'm on to a good thing eusa_dance.gif. the other thing i have been concious of is to eat better, meaning less sugar and junk. i have always been a big water drinker, but i do love chocolate and ice cream. i think cutting those things out in the last few weeks has definitely helped me also.

hey glad all is working well for you. i live in the Uk and the dermabrasion system is not available here yet....im emialed neutrogena and inquired about it and they ve said it will be available in the UK soon , so as soon as its here ill buy it.

I mite have to go on roaccutane end of this month, so i was wondering what was ur skin like before accutane and did it get rid of all your red marks. at the mo i have only one pimple but quite a few red marks... cry.gif would u suggest anything?

thanks x x x x