Notifications
Clear all

Does tap water cause acne?

MemberMember
(@civ2)

Posted : 05/10/2005 6:53 pm

I just saw a post where someone said tap water should be avoided because it may cause acne, is this true?

MemberMember
(@blo0dcriesz)

Posted : 05/10/2005 6:58 pm

I just saw a post where someone said tap water should be avoided because it may cause acne, is this true?

MemberMember
(@aquaman)

Posted : 05/10/2005 7:02 pm

your joking right?

what next, are we going to start blaming air for causing acne. We could all start living in bubbles, drinking bottled water

MemberMember
(@aquaman)

Posted : 05/10/2005 7:03 pm

I hate how people say a billion things cause acne! it is completely ridiculous! I am waiting for someone to come and say the chemicals in the air is causing our acne so we should wear gas masks. It really can make a person crazy, upset, and hopeless.

MemberMember
(@blackbirdbeatle)

Posted : 05/10/2005 7:23 pm

I don't like all the clorine in the water (If I set it aside for an hourit evaporates though), but it won't cause your acne. JUst about every study done has shown that most mineral or spring water is no better for you than tap water. In fact is you're in the NE USA most of your bottled water unless distilled is from a tap somewhere, even if it ways spring or whatever.

MemberMember
(@aquaman)

Posted : 05/10/2005 7:29 pm

I don't like all the clorine in the water (If I set it aside for an hourit evaporates though), but it won't cause your acne. JUst about every study done has shown that most mineral or spring water is no better for you than tap water. In fact is you're in the NE USA most of your bottled water unless distilled is from a tap somewhere, even if it ways spring or whatever.

MemberMember
(@blackbirdbeatle)

Posted : 05/10/2005 8:53 pm

On 20/20? Yes I did, but there have been numerous studies done before this. I believe one company selling 1.50 a bottle water ended up getting caught just filling up thier bottles from the tap.

MemberMember
(@erpatter)

Posted : 05/10/2005 8:58 pm

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/10/2005 9:37 pm

I also don't think tap water can cause acne.

MemberMember
(@rockandorroll)

Posted : 05/10/2005 9:51 pm

does breathing cause acne?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblah)

Posted : 05/10/2005 10:01 pm

I don't think tap water will cause acne. Are talking about washing with it or drinking it?

Let's try not to be too harsh on people for just asking as simple question guys.

MemberMember
(@minnym0use)

Posted : 05/10/2005 10:04 pm

I don't think tap water will cause acne. Are talking about washing with it or drinking it?

Let's try not to be too harsh on people for just asking as simple question guys.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/10/2005 10:06 pm

EDIT

MemberMember
(@sinashgh)

Posted : 05/11/2005 12:50 am

i dont think anybody is being harsh. the fact is, is that this portion of acne.org has gotten out of hand. really, if you read these boards for a day, you'll come to the conclusion that EVERYTHING causes acne. from the sugar in fruit, to oatmeal, to bread, to pasta, to milk, to cottage cheese, to whey protein, to soy, to tap wate, to air, to breathing, to sleeping on the side of your face, to talking on the phone, to eating non-green vegetables, etc

talk about exercise in obsession. this board has slowly turned into absolute insanity over time. at least, thats my opinion.

MemberMember
(@erpatter)

Posted : 05/11/2005 12:59 am

It's just an honest question. Acne is probably driving this person nuts enough to over analyze everything he/she does. I know it may get old hearing about all this stuff people are worried about causing their acne, but how will they know unless they ask? eusa_think.gif

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/11/2005 1:06 am

It's just an honest question.  Acne is probably driving this person nuts enough to over analyze everything he/she does.  I know it may get old hearing about all this stuff people are worried about causing their acne, but how will they know unless they ask? eusa_think.gif

MemberMember
(@jimmy)

Posted : 05/11/2005 1:06 am

If anything, some tap water can cause skin dryness. Skin dryness can cause skin irritation. If you are prone to acne, any type of irritation is BAD and can cause problems.

Sometimes it depends on how you treat the skin dryness.

MemberMember
(@tristen420)

Posted : 02/27/2013 7:17 pm

Wow you guys are assholes... As if asking a question ever actually hurt anybody. Jus to let you know, btw, flouride can trigger acne breakouts, which is definately in tap water, whether it cause acne or not, ignore these assholes, take a break from tap water, an only drink bottled water for a bit. If anything the placebo effect will help you, jus thinking your doing somethings that's working could help clear your skin a bit. The main cause for acne is stress, because it fucks with your hormones, especially if your a teenager, since your hormones are already out of whack. So freaking out about a certain food or drink after consuming it or the chemicals in it actually fucking with your hormones can and will trigger breakouts. Jus remember to stay calm and ignore the people above me who know everything.