Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nsorn399

Large pores, clogged pores, black/whiteheads - HELP!!

My skin looks horrible up close under bright lighting conditions. On the spine of my nose, I have many clogged pores. Some of them look like blackheads, while the others look like enlarged pores. The enlarged pores look as if they're pimple scars up close! On the sides of my nose, there are these little white things (skin?) that stick out from the pores and I'm not sure whether this is considered dry skin or not. If I try to rub out these white things hard enough, it seems to clear the pore, but this gives an "empty pore" look that's noticeable since I have large pores. Is there any product out there that can clear my pores and make them look smaller? Will Dan's regimen help me out? I do get a few pimples now and then, but nothing really severe. However, I do have lots of black/whiteheads. Also, my skin tone isn't all that great under bright light. Some parts look red and "inflamed" (due to large clogged pores/blackheads) while other parts look normal. What can I use to improve the tone of my skin? Will a moisturizer help? Thanks for any replies.

i get the white skin flaps alot. They don't look like regular whiteheads but are right next to the nose or right under it. I use 1.5% clindamycin on them and that gets rid of them in seconds actually. IF it doesnt get rid of them immediately it helps dry thme out and thne u can just get rid of them with your finger

ahhh that used to be my nose..it was like nasty with big pores, that when i scratch on my nose the stuff would come off...but would leave big pores..big pores and those dried white heads..nasty..so the white heads came off when i scratched it.

ahh..my nose has gotten better since then,,, now i just have to worry about the other parts of my face.

So what did you use/do to cure your problem? Scratching?

My skin looks horrible up close under bright lighting conditions..

God.... My skin looks so fantastic up close and even toned under bright lights.. But at a distance of about 5 ft. you can see little discolorations. My face recently started to get red and blushy. For the past 5 months My skin was fine, now its getting redder as my red spots are dissapearing... why1!!?!?!#?$1352trgfvbvd

God.... My skin looks so fantastic up close and even toned under bright lights.. But at a distance of about 5 ft. you can see little discolorations. My face recently started to get red and blushy. For the past 5 months My skin was fine, now its getting redder as my red spots are dissapearing... why1!!?!?!#?$1352trgfvbvd

its prolly cuz the products ur using are to harsh.. u can be peeling a layer of ur skin.. jus be careful

its prolly cuz the products ur using are to harsh.. u can be peeling a layer of ur skin.. jus be careful

You see thats just it. Im using some of the most mild products out there. And my skin is very sensitive. Im not sure, maybe im using too much of it, cuz to tell you the truth i am. And i feel when I dont use alot i might not be using enough and the redness may still persist. Cuz what im using is designed to reduce redness and if i use alittle i feel as if im not using enough, and too much i think im overusing and making it irritate my skin. Im confused...

My skin looks horrible up close under bright lighting conditions. On the spine of my nose, I have many clogged pores. Some of them look like blackheads, while the others look like enlarged pores. The enlarged pores look as if they're pimple scars up close! On the sides of my nose, there are these little white things (skin?) that stick out from the pores and I'm not sure whether this is considered dry skin or not. If I try to rub out these white things hard enough, it seems to clear the pore, but this gives an "empty pore" look that's noticeable since I have large pores.

sounds like some exfoliation and facial masks would help you wonders. you can try one or more of the following:

-clay masks every few days

-AHA or AHA/BHA toner (dilute vinegar serves as an AHA toner) - apply with cotton round after washing skin

- use a scrubbing facial wash or a facial scrub every few days

and definately use a moisturizer (apply to slightly damp skin) if your skin feels dry.

Im in a very similar situation as you....but my nose has really improved..i just stay healthy, drink alot of water, and wierd as it might sound, do nothing. dont pick, touch it or anything. just wash with warm water, let time do its job...thats what helped me, just my 2 cents.

-clay masks every few days

-AHA or AHA/BHA toner (dilute vinegar serves as an AHA toner) - apply with cotton round after washing skin

- use a scrubbing facial wash or a facial scrub every few days

and definately use a moisturizer (apply to slightly damp skin) if your skin feels dry.

Are there any particular brands that have worked effectively for you? Thanks.

Are there any particular brands that have worked effectively for you? Thanks.

I really like the fuller's Earth clay mask that I got from MountainRoseHerbs.com. It really sucks everything out of your pores. There isn't any particular facial scrub that I like better than others. I often use an exfoliating cloth I got at the grocery store. I recently started trying neutrogena's AHA/BHA toner. It's too soon to see how much of an improvement it will make in my skin.