Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
capehorn

Two questions about BP/Duac Gel

Hi.

1. I got a prescription of Duac Gel (with BP in it) today. I have been using Duac for three months. The pharmacist asked me if I had used it before and I said yes, so she said 'Good, so you know that you have to keep it refridgerated?'.

I didn't know this, Is this vital?? Does anyone know what happens if it isn't refridgerated? Its not that I have had any bad effects with it at room temperature, I'm just curious.

2. I also got my first batch of Dan's gel today (bad timing getting both!). Seeing as it has BP in it, does this need to be refridgerated?? It says nothing on the packaging but I assume the similar ingredients mean the same principle.

Oh, and Delna, your regimen is AWESOME, thanks so much for it!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Thanks

--

Capehorn

I've used duac for almost 2 years now, and I never put it in the fridge...worked fine.

Inface, it was what made me decide to try bp, but now I sort of wish I hadn't.

It is optional to refrigerate your duac. If you read the insert it says not to, but you have to discard any unused portions after 2 months. I keep mine in the fridge, I'm not sure how much longer it'll last that way, but that's what my derm told me to do, and to use it all no matter how long it takes to go through.