Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wheezy

glycolic acid skin turned white

Ok...I've been waiting for months for get surgical excision on my icepick scars. I had an appointment and then the surgeon has had surgery and won't be back in the office until the end of June. I was using the Jan Marini Bioclear and Factor A lotion with great success for breakouts and overall smoothing. I then ordered some MD Forte 20% glycolic acid facial lotion. I got the bright idea to take a Q-tip and "lay" some of this stuff in two of my icepicks today. I looked in the mirror and my skin was turning white and felt hard. So I quickly rinsed the stuff off. Now it looks like I have been burned in the areas, and my icepicks looked flattened over but I am sure that is only temporary. What do I do now. Is this what it means when some of the posts say your skin frosts? An I going to scar from this? What should I put on it now...if anything?

this is frosting but only happens with tca. Glycolic acid doesn't frost. Are u sure u weren't using tca

Thanks for responding. The products I used do not have TCA listed on the bottles. I just patted some in my scars and let it like lay on the top walked in another room and then walked back in the bathroom and it had turned my skin white. And like I said, it felt hard too. I have been putting Neosporin on it. I had no idea that either one of these glycolic products would do this.They had previously never even turned my skin red, just helped clear up breakouts and make my skin flake a little. The area looks like a burn today and like it is going to form a scab. I think the thing was that I mixed the two glycolic products together becasue I was running out of the Jan Marini and then put the MD Forte stuff on top that. REgardless I am stuck with this now. Any suggestions on how to help this heal would be a great help. If this scars I'm just going to be sick.

dab neosporin on it a couple times a day and don't peel off the scab prematurely. It shouldn't scar at all, it'll actually give a deep peel. If you don't keep it moist most of the time it will peel off prematurely and could cause discoloration.

Thank you for the adivce. I didn't think the products I was using could do anything like this. I will never glob any product like this on my face again!