Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Indoobidubly

Question about moisturizing my face

I've always been wary of cleansers that dried out my face (this normally lead to irritations and breakouts), so I normally stopped using them if this was the case.

However, I was just wondering if it's okay (or even better) to use a drying cleanser (like one with SA) followed by a moisturizer?

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and I always try to put as little on my face as possible.

Would using a moisturizer solve the dryness/irritation problem or would it simply "mask" it through temporary relief?

Thanks.

I would think it depends on the type of "drying" your cleanser leaves you with. If it's the drying where your face is simply dry and clean, a moisturizer wouldn't really be needed (depends on the weather outside as well). But if the cleanser leaves your face with a considerable dryness and a "tight" feeling to your face, either apply a moisturizer or don't use that cleanser. But to answer your question, yes, a moisturizer should solve your dryness/irritation problem.