Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
liz london

Dr Chu London

I am about to try and book an appointment with Dr Chu and would love to hear from anyone who is currently being treated by him, or even better who has had the following combination of treatments Isologen/N-Lite/Subscision at least a year ago who can tell me how there skin now looks and by what percentage they feel it has improved by. Thank you.

Hi, gotta go to bed now so this is gonna be breif.

I had 2 or 3 nlite sessions, 4 sets of isologen injections and 2 rounds of subcision last year.

Scars have filled it loads, looks much better but most of the scars are still there albeit much shallower. prolly 60% - 70% improvment, sounds good on paper but under harsh lighting they still look pretty poor (i guess you need near perfect skin to look ok under some lighting)

Going back to chu soon for TCA Cross, hopefully to finish the job the nlite/isologen/subcision started (and did quite well)

crappyskin, glad to hear you've seen improvement from your procedures, but i think most if not all of your results are from the isologen and subcision; the effect of the n-lite is SO minimal. i did 3 sessions of n-lite, the first 2 were two weeks apart and 3rd was 2 months after that. scarce difference if at all. it's great for your SKIN but it doesn't do much for acne really. it started as a cash-cow treatment for fine lines and wrinkles for rich middle-aged career women, and when it helped with their acne (usually acne rosacea though) its backers realized they could make a killing marketing it as an acne treatment. a study also came out recently where they did n-lite on one half of the face of lots of people, and 1-6 months later both the n-lite and non-n-lite half of their faces either improved, worsened or stayed the same to pretty much the same extent. i think that it can improve your skin SOMEWHAT but not very much really, and definitely not to anywhere near such an extent as to justify the exorbitant cost of treatment.

Crappyskin,

I am having subsicion done by dr.chu next week. can you tell me how much downtime you had and how many days until you were able to go out in public?

thanks!

I had sudcision done on both my cheeks by Dr Chu on 14/2/05 ,the downtime was about a week...it wasn't that bad when i had it done so i didn't stop in at all.

Thanks for your reply Sam! Have you seen any improvement? What type of scars do you have?

Hi, gotta go to bed now so this is gonna be breif.

I had 2 or 3 nlite sessions, 4 sets of isologen injections and 2 rounds of subcision last year.

Scars have filled it loads, looks much better but most of the scars are still there albeit much shallower. prolly 60% - 70% improvment, sounds good on paper but under harsh lighting they still look pretty poor (i guess you need near perfect skin to look ok under some lighting)

Going back to chu soon for TCA Cross, hopefully to finish the job the nlite/isologen/subcision started (and did quite well)

Crappyskin! I haven't seen you on the scar board for so long... It's great to hear from you - I'm so glad to hear you've been getting good improvements from your treatments. Good luck with the rest of your treatments, and please drop by to let us know how you're doing.  smile.gif

Koula,yes i have seen improvement with the subcision but im doing ACV,TCA CROSS and OBAGI PEELS as well,so i don't now which treatment is helping.

I have very severe acne scars,just about every scar mentioned on this site.

I do know that TCA cross as helped bc i had a bad ice pick scar which is now starting to fill.

Crappyskin, good to hear that you have had such a big improvement, i think we'll never have perfect skin again, but i'm sure even small improvements make a real difference to how we feel about ourselves.

I'm also being treated by Dr Chu, have already had subcision, isolagen next followed by tca cross. I'd like to know how your skin looked immediately after the isolagen injections and how many hours it took to look normal again.

Koula, When i had subsicion my face red and swollen for around 2 days. On day 3 I felt fine about seeing people but had to cover the bruising with make up. It took about 2 weeks for bruising to totally fade. I used arnica cream but i've since heard that it's more effective to take the homeopathic remedy, which is what i'd do if i have this done again. Hope this helps.

Liz, good luck, keep us posted.

Nicole

Does anyone know if there are any decent treatments for raised scars, specifically severe ones? I've been to see a local surgeon, without any luck. I would like to know if Dr. Chu could be of any help, my doc wont refer me though.

Crappyskin, good to hear that you have had such a big improvement, i think we'll never have perfect skin again, but i'm sure even small improvements make a real difference to how we feel about ourselves.

I'm also being treated by Dr Chu, have already had subcision, isolagen next followed by tca cross. I'd like to know how  your skin looked immediately after the isolagen injections and how many hours it took to look normal again.

Koula, When i had subsicion my face red and swollen for around 2 days. On day 3 I felt fine about seeing people but had to cover the bruising with make up. It took about 2 weeks for bruising to totally fade. I used arnica cream but i've since heard that it's more effective to take the homeopathic remedy, which is what i'd do if i have this done again. Hope this helps.

Liz, good luck, keep us posted.

Nicole

NicoleJ and Crappyskin,

I have been seeing Dr Chu since Sept 03 and have had several sessions of Subscision and nlite and have had some improvement.

Dr Chu told me that he did not think I would not get anymore improvement from these procedures and that I should wait for the cross method.

You both mention that you will have tca cross soon, so does that mean he has already started or are you going onto his waiting list, I ask this because I have been on the list since Dec 04 and I rang his secretary in April 05 and she told me there is still no news when he will start.

NicoleJ and Crappyskin,

I have been seeing Dr Chu since Sept 03 and have had several sessions of Subscision and nlite and have had some improvement. 

Dr Chu told me that he did not think I would not get anymore improvement from these procedures and that I should wait for the cross method.

You both mention that you will have tca cross soon, so does that mean he has already started or are you going onto his waiting list, I ask this because I have been on the list since Dec 04 and I rang his secretary in April 05 and she told me there is still no news when he will start.

Took a couple of hours for the swelling to go down the first time, but every time after that it took a day or two. Look like I had been attacked by a swarm of bees right after the injections!

Hi everyone, i have two questions:

Is there any way to contact DrChu via email?

Is subcision used for all type of scars or just boxscars?

Thank you

You cannot contact him by email,contact hammersmith hospital,london and ask to speak to his secretary.

Yes,subcision is for all types of scars.

Dr. Chu's email address is: [email protected]

I know for sure that subsicion is done on rolling scars am not sure about the rest, maybe someone else can clarify.