Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snitbender

is it ok for a guy to wear concealer?

im sorry but i cant get myself to do that.

After monthes of having red spots and gouign to school with a clear face woudl raise alot fo questions lol

I say wear it! Why dont you deserve to cover up your spots and feel good about your self? I dont understand why make up has to be a gender product. Be a man and tell everyone who doesnt approve to kiss your a$$. I think everyone deserves to feel good about their apprarance. eusa_clap.gif

I used to use Clinique's Almost Makeup with SPF until I cleared up. Before, when my acne was worst, I used to wear their pressed powder. Although some people could tell, I think it personally made me more confident in knowing that I wasn't just exposing my acne for everyone to see.

I still use Almost Makeup as a concelaer when I get an odd pimple or something. I think it's fine to use makeup. Use all the makeup you want in fact. If you search google for Male Cosmetics or Make-up for men, you'll actually get sites that cater completely to men. Check it out.

BTW, i've heard black eyeliner on guys is sexy. go figure.

thats awesome that you can feel good about yourself. Everyone should and deserves to be but unfortunately not everyone does. sad.gif I wear make up not because I am a woman and thats what we do. I hate make up but I hate having redspots worse.

As a girl, I wouldn't mind if a guy wore makeup as long as he didn't start bringing out the rouge, lipstick and eyeshadow. lol.gif

Put it this way...you conceal yourself from red marks, initially you know its still there. The worst part is, if your peers find out you wont hear the end of it. Don't wear it, its not worth it the humiliation.

I think as long as you don't go overboard with it no one will even notice. My male roomate wears Clinique's sacylic acid cover up on his pimples (as do I) and I can't even tell he's wearing it. Just don't use too much and you should be fine

What the hell is wrong with you, you're a guy. You're expected to have acne / red spots.

Just take your balls out of your purse and suck it up. Men aren't supposed to be pretty so stop trying.

Jeesus...what is the world coming to. You are messed up for even asking this question.

Any female in real life would laugh at you. Trust me. The few here are just being nice.

What the hell is wrong with you, you're a guy. You're expected to have acne / red spots.

Just take your balls out of your purse and suck it up. Men aren't supposed to be pretty so stop trying.

Jeesus...what is the world coming to. You are messed up for even asking this question.

Any female in real life would laugh at you. Trust me. The few here are just being nice.

Don't listen to this person.  He is probably not confident in his sexuality and is just trying to compensate for it.  Go ahead and wear it.

I guess brutal honesty is needed here and there. neo 17 gave us a nice dose of it. Unfortunately, I do agree with some of his points. Guys are in fact more prone to acne and are accepted by society to have worse skin than girls (but acne in general is still embarrasing and tough to handle, I know). Society's standards are very tough on girls and makeup helps girls abide with those standards. When it comes down to makeup, guys should really think about the embarrasment that follows after usage (unless you're an actor/model or something). I think the embarrasment of being ashamed of your own image as well as using products that are deemed solely for girls is far worse than suffering from acne since it's a more universally-accepted struggle for many people. Everyone has his/her dose of imperfection and in most cases, it's acne.

However, in the end it all comes down to you. No one is another's boss and everyone is obligated to have his/her own choices regardless of others' opinions.

Whatever you need to hear so you can feel ok when you're wearing makeup to look prettier than the girl next to you.

Jeesus, what is wrong with the world? You're turning us into a bunch of pussy men.

How am I compensating for my 'lack of confidence' in my sexuality by not wearing makeup?  I'm pretty confident I'm straight. I look at women, and I find them sexually appealing. I find the idea of banging some dude in the ass repulsive. What more confidence do I need, asshole? As far as I'm (and most of society) concerned, wearing makeup borders on transvestital tendencies.

This is the kind of stuff that pussy men use to justify why they're carrying around purses.

What're you going to do next, get hormone injections so you can breast feed your child? Rofl.

Oh, and go tell some woman randomly on the street you're wearing makeup - HAHAHAHAHA - but she'll probably notice before you tell her anyway.

If anyone's not confident, it's you for having to justify why you're wearing makeup. Oh, and rofl again.

Dont be a chicken, those namely touch guy doesnt want themselve or even others to wear make up is that they are not touch enough to accept that, to stand the judgement of the others of the same kind....

So, be a man, people who judge are people who cower !