Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i touched my face a few times today and my friends touched my face a few times today (they did it on accident)...would going into a sauna room at my gym tonight cleanse out my pores so i wont get acne where my face was touched??

Guest Amy Lee

I heard people saying that saunas could help in acne because they open up the pores and clean out the skin by removing toxins. But I never know of anyone who got cleared from steam rooms, no successful testimonies yet.

i touched my face a few times today and my friends touched my face a few times today (they did it on accident)...would going into a sauna room at my gym tonight cleanse out my pores so i wont get acne where my face was touched??

I go into the sauna for about 5-10 minutes then go swimming at my local gym about 2 or 3 times a week. And it has been helping. I dont know if its from swimming or from the sauna.

Saunas are supposed to be extremely bad for people who have acne...my derm, who is actually an acne doctor told me that any kind of steam clogs pores and brakes you out...the only reason why people think that it helps is because your skin feels refreshed after you come out of the sauna...but really in the long run it causes more acne...anyway, my sis even told me that every time she would go in the sauna, a few days later she would brake out...the only thing steam is good for is to pop pimples more easily...thats why if you got to an esthetician shell always put steam on your face first and then do extractions...anyway, hope this helps...remember steam is very bad if your prone to getting acne.

Saunas, or any other form of steam, only open your pores. I thought it would be beneficial to my skin to buy one of those face steamer thingys, but it didnt seem to make my acne worse or better!

The one time my face cleared up was when I was working in a fast-food kitchen. We had a pizza oven on constantly, and it made me sweat my entire 7 hour shift, 3 days a week. My skin cleared in like 2-3 weeks. I had to quit the job to go to college, and my skin went back to it's horrible ways.