Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vdubbin

How good is this Spectro gel?????

Im looking for a good cleanser and herd u guys talk about it on here. Just wondering how good is this stuff??? Is it worth buyin??? I need a good gel based cleanser for my face. Im looking for gel based cause they say thats best for oily skin. Most of the gel cleaners out there tend to dry out my my face cause im only oily in the T-zone. The rest of my face is ok but very sesitive. So i just wanna hear some feedback before i buy this product

It is the best gentle cleanser Ive ever used. It's cetaphil with cleaning power. You just have to clean your face wit it in a circular motion over your face for a while to get everything off.

Well it's not an acne fighter. But it will calm your skin more and cause it to be less irritated. I found that when I use it my left side and forehead improved drastically. My right side is still kinda messy but you usually use spectrojel with something that fights acne like BP or SA or tea trea oil watever. Its also great cause if you mess up your skin trying something new you can always stop using that and go back to spectro jel to let your skin heal for a while.

i herd this spectro jel isnt good for people with oily skin, is that true??? I just have an oily t-zone. I dont need a cleanser that will leave a film type substance and feeling on my face. Kinda like a cetaphil would do.

no...this product is incomparable to cetaphil. Cetaphil contains idiotic ingredients like SLS and different Parabens.....

Spectro does not.

This is one of the best gentle cleansers I have ever used. It's awesome stuff.

It may not be considered as an acne fighter, but it is a bacteria fighter. I read somehjwre that after you massage it into your skin for 60 seconds, you should let it sit for a few minutes...and apparently that increases the amount of bacteria being killed off. And that should help prevent zits from popping up.

I have oily/dry skin ....wierd combo I know. I dont get too oily now ...dunno if its because of spectro or my moisturizer. NEhow, spectrojel doesnt leave ANY residue watsoever. Rub the jel in a circular motion all over your face for about a min and then rinse off, my face always feels really clean and smooth afterwards.

woot

go spectro gel!!

best stuff ever!!

and im gonna try to leave it on for a min or 2 and see what the affect is.

The regular cetaphil, not the oily skin version. it contains SLS, and multiple parabens. No good. On top of the fact its just nasty overpriced crap.

Once again, I hope (for your sake) that you've confused Cetaphil with another cleanser. By using the term "SLS," I'm assuming you're talking about Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Salycilic Acid. No Cetaphil Cleanser contains such ingredients.

Cetaphil is a non-irritating non-alkaline non-comodegenic cleanser -- hence, I'd find it abstract to contain parabens...If you show me counterarguments in reputable, sources, I'd be glad to review the issue.

I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Bar as my cleanser, and by no means is my skin perfect (which i do not blame on cetaphil's lack of quality). So I'd be interested in seeing counterarguments (with sources)! smile.gif

Here are the ingredients for Cetaphil gentle Skin Cleanser:

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

It does have sodium lauryl sulfate AND all the bad parabens. I believe SLS is a cleaning agent once used on floors and the parabens are there to preserve this junk. Both are bad for your skin but is in basically everything. Go figure.