Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know this type of thing has been posted many times before but I hate it so much.

I was watching the TV and eating pizza at my "friends" house, when this really pretty girl comes on the TV, I commented on how hot she was and my friend says "OMG, look at that zit on her chin (tiny skin coloured bump), how does she go out in public like that? has she never heard of clearasil?"

All the while I'm sat there with a face full of zits and red marks.

Also this same "friend" is always whining about his monor skin imperfections to me (like when he gets a single zit) it pisses me off so much.....

I know this type of thing has been posted many times  before but I hate it so much.

I was watching the TV and eating pizza at my "friends" house, when this really pretty girl comes on the TV, I commented on how hot she was and my friend says "OMG, look at that zit on her chin (tiny skin coloured bump), how does she go out in public like that? has she never heard of clearasil?"

Also this same "friend" is always whining about his monor skin imperfections to me (like when he gets a single zit) it pisses me off so much.....

I don't think people purposely act like this, the fact is that if someone hasn't experienced acne they don't understand how terrible it truly is.

I totally know what you mean, i've had friends that make stupid comments and freak out about nothing when i'm full of zits and redmarks, scars etc.

Good luck and ignore the idiots. They don't understand.

My friends once insisted on watching the proactiv infomercial to "laugh at the people with acne". They of course all have clear skin. I dumped all of them after high school.

people can be such insensitive bastards, cant they?? It will be okay when you see these people in a couple of years when theyre 100 pounds heavier, divorced with 20 kids, living on the dole!

people can be such insensitive bastards, cant they?? It will be okay when you see these people in a couple of years when theyre 100 pounds heavier, divorced with 20 kids, living on the dole!

Thats happened to me so many times. My mate was like- you cant go out with him- he got acne . I was like, er well if you havent noticed, so do i dumbass. Maybe its just their way of paying you a complemint.(sounds crazy but bear with me). I mean, maybe it their way of sayin- well i dint even notice you had acne, so im just gonna pretend you dont have it just to make you fell better. Sounds crazy, but its my theory for makin myself feel better!

Guest PinkStar

I have friends like that too.

They have clear skin but when they get like one tinny zit they'd be like "omg.Did u see that big thing on my face.gosh it so big".I'm like "Oh puh-leaze.Look at me before saying anything" And then they'd be like" Well,your skin is getting better.But look at this thing I have".

I feel like they think I'm used to having these marks on my face so it should be normal but since they don't have anything well then it's a big deal.

how about this:

my friend was complaining about her ONE SMALL pimple on the side of her nose... so i told her to shut up and not talk about that in front of me.

she asks me, "Have u used proactive?" i say "Yea, but it didn't work.."

and u know what she says to me?

"What? Proactive didn't WORK for you?!"

and i got REALLY embarrassed. i explained that proactive doesnt work for all types of acne and that I was taking accutane and she goes off with:

"Why don't you just wash that shit?"

and she's one of my BEST friends too. let's just say, I haven't talked to her after that.

I know this type of thing has been posted many times  before but I hate it so much.

I wonder what the world would be like if all of us had perfectly clear skin and everyone else had acne... Hmm... lolz

Damn, today was the last straw, I'm so depressed right now, my sister is an insentitive bitch.

We were sat in the living room, I was watching tv and my sister was reading a girly magazine (probably cosmo or something) when out of the blue she starts this conversation:

my sister: "hey have you tried this for your spots?"

Me:"what?"

My sister:"this...." (turns the magazine towards me and points to an advert for acnepill.com)

Me:No, its probably bullshit.

My sister:"How do you know its bullshit if you never tried it?"

Me:"I just do o,k...." (pissed off tone of voice)

My sister:Have you been to the doctors about your skin? No offense, but you are looking quite rough these days"

Me:"ofcourse I have, the shit they gave me is the reson my skin is so terrible, I'm not going back......"

My sister: "Stephanie (her best friend) used to think you were really hot until all those spots broke out on your face, maybe if you get it sorted she'll go out with you...."

Me:"you think I havn't tried everything?!"

My sister:"There must be something you can do, if you don't your gonna end up being single for the rest of your life, give these pills a shot, they look really good look at the proof!" (shows me a bunch of before and after pics of hot girls who onlt had one zit to begin with)

Me: "Fuck you....."

As if my confidence wasn't already at an all time low......

Guest Shjaker

Yeesh. I'm not even going to offer the option she was trying to be helpful, that was just plain ignorant. I can't say I know what it's like to have siblings point out your skin imperfections.. my brother used to lower my self esteem near past the point of no return, but in other ways. He's never made comments about my skin or anything. He wouldn't dare, since he went through a spat with acne where he'd look in the mirror and say he wished he could cut his face up.

Anyway, speaking from experience when a sibling overall tries to make you feel like shit, don't even take it. Just don't. I'm glad you told her to fuck off. Just keep telling her that. If you're anything like me, you already take enough shit from yourself and don't need it from outside sources.

I don't think rebeling against her for 'revenge' is a moral idea, so I'm going to say avoid the little bitch like the plague.

I made sure I rarely came in contact with my brother, and now whenever we do see each other we're so unfamiliar that it's like we're strangers, and it's too awkward to even talk, even for insults.

Yeesh. I'm not even going to offer the option she was trying to be helpful, that was just plain ignorant. I can't say I know what it's like to have siblings point out your skin imperfections.. my brother used to lower my self esteem near past the point of no return, but in other ways. He's never made comments about my skin or anything. He wouldn't dare, since he went through a spat with acne where he'd look in the mirror and say he wished he could cut his face up.

Anyway, speaking from experience when a sibling overall tries to make you feel like shit, don't even take it. Just don't. I'm glad you told her to fuck off. Just keep telling her that. If you're anything like me, you already take enough shit from yourself and don't need it from outside sources.

I don't think rebeling against her for 'revenge' is a moral idea, so I'm going to say avoid the little bitch like the plague.

I made sure I rarely came in contact with my brother, and now whenever we do see each other we're so unfamiliar that it's like we're strangers, and it's too awkward to even talk, even for insults.