Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I'm not sure where to post it but since it's accutane related then I'll ask. Don't kill me Craigems smile.gif

Do you have to get an appointment for a cortisone shot? Or do you just come there and go where? Your derm?

Because this huuuuuge cyst is slowly coming to the surface and I am dead scared of it. It feels soooo big under the skin I can't believe it.

Also, anyone else started getting cysts on accutane?

they do. I had it done when I went for my check up. And I can't just call my derm. I can only call advice nurse.

I mean call whoever it is you call to make an appointment with your derm (i.e. your derm office) and see if they can fit you in for a shot.

hope it goes ok! i hate needles MY GOD, does the shot hurt???i think about my blood test in 2 weeks and i think im going to pass out. The first blood test had me all dizzy and felt drunk. The pain doesnt bother me just the actual needle :o i wish i cud have the pain with a hammer to the head rather than a needle.

Mmm... cortisone. I was addicted to it. It's a little riskier on accutane, since you're unable to heal at "par," so to speak. If your derm can't fit you in anywhere, ask if he'll write a prescription for the ORAL cortisone. You take 2 pills (8-12hrs apart) which decrease the inflammation.

Keep in mind cortisone, injections and orals, simply reduce inflammation, it doesn't kill the bacteria in your pimple.

Mmm... cortisone. I was addicted to it. It's a little riskier on accutane, since you're unable to heal at "par," so to speak. If your derm can't fit you in anywhere, ask if he'll write a prescription for the ORAL cortisone. You take 2 pills (8-12hrs apart) which decrease the inflammation.

Keep in mind cortisone, injections and orals, simply reduce inflammation, it doesn't kill the bacteria in your pimple.

I'm dead scared of needles, too. But I've learned to love cortisone shots...even the pain. It's the psychological feeling of knowing that the pain kills the ugly zit. It hurts, but nothing unbearable, and nothing to be afraid of. You will get used to it. Yes, you need an appointment.

I'm dead scared of needles, too. But I've learned to love cortisone shots...even the pain. It's the psychological feeling of knowing that the pain kills the ugly zit. It hurts, but nothing unbearable, and nothing to be afraid of. You will get used to it. Yes, you need an appointment.