Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Twoism

loss of pigmentation on lips

To cut a long story short, i've been on accutane for about 5 months now, and yesterday evening when i came back from my dads place, i noticed that my lips had lost some pigmentation along the bottom, and some patches had extended a little bit beyond that.

at my dads place that day, i had been using a cleaning product which contains detergents, chelating agents and alkaline builders, and i think i must have accidentally got this on my lips somehow. Bt i had also ran out of lip balm, so my lips were pretty dry throughout the whole day aswell, up until about 4-5pm when i purchased lip balm which contains homosalate, octyl methoxycinnamate, oxybenzone and aloe oil extract. It can be used as a sunblock for nose, lips and ears.

But anyways, what do you think has happened to my lips? do you think it could be the accutane? I'm absolutely distraught!

if you got bleach on your lips and they look white, not to worry, that should fade and wear off...give it time, it is not permanent.