Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey all people. i really need help. i had cortisone injections for cystic acne that i had and my dermatologist did not warn me about possible scarring and now i had rolling and carbox scars. My cystic acne is ok already but the scars made me have anxiety and depression. Please help me.......

Will cortisone injected depression refill themselves?

Also those cortisone injected areas are really red, really bad hyperpigmentation. its been like 3months. I also took accutane 20mg/day for 1 and 1/2 month about 5months ago.

Should i do subsicion now plus cooltouch (laser)?

Will the lasers make my hyperpigmentation worst?

Also, i took accutane like 5months ago, should i do laser now?

Also, should i let my scars help by themselves first then do subsicion later on? or is it better to do subsicion now since my scar is new?

PLEASE HELP BY replying. Thanks a lot

Probably the oldest scar on my face is from a cortizone injection and that was almost 10 years ago. It never really bothered me because I had just that one scar for a long time. There are a lot of options though. I would look into punch floats if I were you. They seem to be effective. Lasers, I don't know, I haven't heard much of anything good about them. I had smoothbeam and it really messed my face up during the last 2 sessions.

Also, you are supposed to wait 6 months after accutane.

Vinvin, I really feel for you, the same thing just happened to me! I'm so pissed at my derm. She injected a small zit on my forehead (it wasn't even a cyst) and now there's a HUGE, DEEP crater! ARGH! I'm besides my self with anger. Here I've been doggedly trying for 15 years to treat my scarring and this cavalier bitch just comes in and doesn't warn me that this could happen.

I don't know what to tell you, I've been trying to figure out what to do too. I think I'm going to try TCA CROSS on mine. I don't think subcision would work for mine as it's on the forehead.

Good luck to you. I would wait longer if I were you, since you've been on Accutane recently. Hopefully we'll both fix this.

Probably the oldest scar on my face is from a cortizone injection and that was almost 10 years ago.  It never really bothered me because I had just that one scar for a long time.  There are a lot of options though.  I would look into punch floats if I were you.  They seem to be effective. Lasers, I don't know, I haven't heard much of anything good about them.  I had smoothbeam and it really messed my face up during the last 2 sessions. 

Also, you are supposed to wait 6 months after accutane.

So sorry this happened to you.

I do think that the size of the cyst matters, if a tiny pimple is injected then there is nothing for the cortisone to work on.

Cortisone destroys the hyperpigmentation cells as well as collagen, facial tissue and fat.

It depends highly on the size and the depth of the atrophy and how severe the tissue damage was.

Also did you swell up after the shot? (that means too much was put in)

If the indentation is too severe and doesn't start to fill in 4-6 month post the shot, it is VERY LIKELY it will fill in the future. I was told by several derms to give up and the only solution is a filler.

But if a high dose was injected, cortisone stays in the injection site for 3-4 month, which means there is light hope and one needs to wait a year before using any fillers.

You need to try to stimulate and help collagen production. I am doing saline injections to induce collagen. You can try a topical cream like ret A.

A subsicion will not help, as there is no scar tissue in this case, give it time, you really don't want to make it worse.

Lexy, how deep/big is your scar?

Thats strange that it wouldn't fill in, I am assuming you were pretty young when you got the shot. The younger you are the better collagen production you have, the better chances for healing.

Have you noticed any improvement at all on it?

can i sue the dermatologist for compensation?

subsicion surely wont help? its not scar tissue is it?

argh. that means im left with no choice ?

can i sue the dermatologist for compensation?

subsicion surely wont help? its not scar tissue is it?

argh. that means im left with no choice ?