Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Zitro

Having an unpredictable major breakout

Guest Zitro

As you know from my gallery, Im a guy who is clearing up and lately who had mild acne.

Its over

Yestersday and today, 2 huge cysts that are over 1/2 wide appeared out of nowhere, I also had 2 small cysts also, and my chin looks more reddish than usual.

I can't get an appointment for a facial soon, so I fear scarring. Especially one cyst below my left ear is exactly similar as the one I had last year below my right ear which resulted in my biggest 1/2 wide permanent redmark-like scar.

Besides feeling shitty because the cysts were pointed at me in school, and because the cysts can scar and hurt, I also feel shitty because I don't know what caused it. I haven't had any change of regime, nor ate anything new, not consumed any medicine. So either its a very unusual event to get this kind of breakout, or something caused it.

My confidence stays the same in public anyways, but this is the first time since january that I thought of acne.

Sorry for ranting.

Did you have this feeling?

perhaps due to stress or emotions?

yea, i know what you mean. waking up with newly formed pimples can send my confidence down to hell. evil.gifdoubt.gif just the day before yesterday, i tried the body shop vitamin e mask. the saleslady told me not to wash it off. so i didn't and left it on for half a day, then it got really uncomfortable so i washed it off anyways. then yesterday, i broke out several new pimples (one on the cheek too, where i never break out) and my complexion looks horrible. sad.gif

don't worry, it'll wear off soon.

As you know from my gallery, Im a guy who is clearing up and lately who had mild acne.

Its over

Yestersday and today, 2 huge cysts that are over 1/2 wide appeared out of nowhere, I also had 2 small cysts also, and my chin looks more reddish than usual.

I can't get an appointment for a facial soon, so I fear scarring. Especially one cyst below my left ear is exactly similar as the one I had last year below my right ear which resulted in my biggest 1/2 wide permanent redmark-like scar.

Besides feeling shitty because the cysts were pointed at me in school, and because the cysts can scar and hurt, I also feel shitty because I don't know what caused it. I haven't had any change of regime, nor ate anything new, not consumed any medicine. So either its a very unusual event to get this kind of breakout, or something caused it.

My confidence stays the same in public anyways, but this is the first time since january that I thought of acne.

Sorry for ranting.

Its over

Sorry for ranting.

Guest Zitro

thanks for the replies.

Stress is not a factor, I have no important tests yet, and I have no reason to be stressed over something.

emotions?

Dont worry. You dont not have to. Everyone breaks outs. The only thing that is so bad are all these mind games that you play with yourself right, hehe. Do not feel self conscience. I know at times you think everyone is looking at you. But this is how i see it. You and i may have acne and hate it, right? But if you ask someone who has perfect skin like my friends something is always wrong. Like my friend Gabe has kidney stones (poor guy) but no one anywhere is not worried about something in there life. "NO ONE IS PERFECT"

Guest Amy Lee

Sigh... if only we know the true causes of acne or how to prevent it from coming back again...

Zitro, here's my story:

Around 1999-2001 I've had facials done every month. Every month for two years. Yes, including extraction. I didn't have any cysts then, but I had like hundreds of small pimples - it took about two hours for the nurses to get done with me (nurses do it in the clinic i went to).

Going back to the clinic every month was a pain, coz i had to scrimp on my student allowance and save up for the facials. But I had to do it, coz my face was just awful.

I cleared up, yes - who wouldn't, under such maintainance?

Sadly, the acne comes back when you don't go to the facials anymore. Mine did when I stopped going.

Unless, you wanna do this for life?

Ok - take advantage of the fact that your parents are shelling out money for your facials. But there has to be a time when you have to decide what's practical for you.

If I were you I'd get on tane quick. No need to go through facials every three weeks. I don't even know how you can endure your cysts being extracted. That must be hell.

I don't personally believe anything has to be a "cause" for acne. The fact is that if your skin is acne prone then you WILL break out. You might be able to find meds or some other way to stay clear but just be thankful for the time you were clear and you will soon be clear again.

Good luck, keep your head up and remember that acne IS NOT worth you wasting your thoughts on, just forget about it because life goes on and that's all i have to say.

(P.S. I don't have insurance or parents that can afford for me to get facials, so be thankful for that!)

I agree with t S214 and Egoprofit. I don't think you can really put the acne down to a certain 'cause' as such. sadly, we're all acne prone here....it's a combo of whole bunch of different things....*sigh* I have to say, though it may sound a bit negative...you know what I'm saying?

Like S214 said, I would try and take accutane..because really, do you want to be doing facials your whole life? Unless you don't mind doing that every month, I say go for something more permanent. I'm on accutane right now and I feel like it's the best decision I ever made for my acne and am REALLY regretting not going on it sooner (i wouldn't have been stuck with all the unsightly pitted scars that i have now). Coz, the way I'm thinking...sure, i have all these ugly scars but at least now by me taking accutane, I won't have to deal with MORE new scars you know?

Anyway, that's just my opinion. But I do know how much it sucks to get new cysts when you think you're finally clearing up....it's just like your heart just plummets to your feet. cry.gif I feel ya Zitro..

hey zitro

im in the same boat as you i think, ive been clear for a while now, but still got the odd spot like one or two everyweek. how long did it take for you to completely clear and stop getting spots? or has this not happened yet?

its weird, when you start clearing, your standards change so that the smallest spots present the biggest problems

Guest Zitro

Miami: thanks, actually my confidence and self-esteem are not affected, I just worry about future scars and looking worse.

S214, my plan is to find something that will control my acne when its already very mild and use it for many years, so I stop having facials. Unfortunately, this breakout proved me wrong that BP and benzamycin was doing the job. Yeah, getting cysts extracted are very very very painful, you won't imagine, but I have to endure it if I want to get rid of them.

Egoprofit, I'll try not to have it on my mind.

Arya : im thinking about it, but Im also afraid of accutane and risking my health. Im very healthy and I really like that.

inbloom, yeah, that feeling must be horrible. Hopefully, it doesn't apply to me much, since I can go out and be confident lately. But cysts always affect me, especially the one under my chin that grew in size today into probably my biggest cyst I ever had below my chin.

Hi Zitro, I know exactly how you feel. I was completely clear save for a few red marks lately, and then in the last few days, bam, chin covered in cysts and pimples. Sigh. Its gotta end someday though right? sad.gif

Guest OnlyJoe

Hey zitro, ive already moaned about my day to you, lol.. damn breakouts sad.gif

i can so relate...

just when you think your red marks are clearing up, BAM!!! the acne monster strikes again.

it's amazing how one cyst can ruin your day. goign through that now... haven't had a noticeable cyst in a while.. just small minor pimples. or when i do get a cyst, its somewhere under the chin or jawline that aren't really that noticeable. but today, a brand new cyst on my left cheek (red mark-free already, but apparently, not anymore.. my right cheek is another story, though.) just sprung out of no where!!! arghhhhh...

i was irritable the entire day.

Guest Zitro

My breakout got worse, I think I consider it the worst breakout of my life, even though my acne state is supposed to be mild these times.

I got 3 new cyst-like bumps, 2 behind my neck and one in my forehead (unusual areas to get cysts for me) and I have a haircut tomorrow (the comb can irritate the bumps accidentaly), and I no appointment to get the cysts dealt with with the facial lady

Im in serious problem regarding scarring.

BTW : im still not affected in self-esteem and confidence, etc ... but its the scars I worry about.

Zitro, although I don't know you I certainly feel for you.

I've seen how great your skin has been looking and to start falling back into the past must be tough. Hope you get through it!

Causes are so hard to predict. Probably just hormonal. I remember a month or two ago I thought my acne was finally subsiding with age after about 6 years. My chest had no acne at all with just a few shallow hyperpigmentations from old deep pimples, my back was pretty good, and my face wasn't bad either.

Lasted about a month, then it came back worse then ever, started getting it all over my chest as well, where as before it was just in the center area of my chest.

I know how much a remission sucks. I'm lucky enough to know that it's probably hormonal, because I appear to be going through whats probably going to be my last little growth spurt as I'm 17 already. Sudden noticable increase in chest hair tipped me off. Hopefully in a few months it will revert back to tolerable or maybe (I won't hold my breath) go away completely.

Guest WhyGOD111

Man I was clearing up really good eating healthy and all then For no apparent reason starting breaking out.......I hate acne the good thing is at least my forhead is like 95 percent acne free and all thats left is my $*(#&*$(#& cheeks........

Guest Zitro

Finally, I can get them extracted today and my flareup stopped and is getting better.

one of the cysts is beginning to scar, I hope she's as good as I think she is to remove that one.