Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cruella22

Makeup Absorbs into Skin

I apply makeup in the morning and by lunch it has absorbed into my skin! Showing my real skin underneath. I hate this! And I hate reapplying! Who else has this problem?

I use Neutrogena Visibly Firm Moisture Makeup and then I dust it with Neutrogena Healthy Defense Powder. No I am sure that it absorbs into my skin because I rarely touch or rub my face!

18yo is right....Revlon's Colorstay line is quite long lasting. Also pure mineral makeups are also durable.

Alternatively, consider using a silicone primer prior to applying makeup. It will help the makeup last longer and look smoother.

If it's oily skin that's causing your makeup to fall apart, try blotting your face several times a day with either blotting papers or paper towels (the rough ones in public washrooms work the best). I like to use Compact Anti-Shine by Smashbox. It uses a micro fine powder to absorb the oils instead of depositing powder onto the face to attain a matte appearance.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape