Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bstej

The regimen's effect on OILY skin

I have extremely oily goopy skin and I don't even use a moisturizer. mad.gif I'm on Retin-A right now. If i start on the regimen and I do get the dry flaky skin, will it be flaky skin on top of the oily skin? Can you get both at the same time?

Also, I really want to use that walgreen's exfoliator and you guys said to wait a few weeks to use that. How important is it to wait those few weeks on the regimen before using it?

Thanks a bunch

Will the bp help my oily skin...? I find it to be worse than the actual pimples. cry.gif

Because my skin is so oily, it feels dry for maybe 15 mins after i wash it and then it begins to soak up with oil.  You can see individual droplets of oil on the poors of my nose and the rest of my face is just a shiny mess.  I don't get dry skin and my skin is already a saturated mess which I find to be worse than my acne.  That's why I don't use a moisturizer, it will make my face feel even more goopy.

Just because your skin is oily does not mean it is moisturized. If you are worried about making your skin oily, there are many oil-free moisturizers out there that won't make your skin any more oily than it already is and trust me once you start the regimen you won't have oily skin for long so you will really need to use the moisturizer.

Alright thats good news because I'd much rather have the dry skin than my shiny liquid skin.  I can touch my face and I get smears of oil on my hands.  I'll use an exfoliator like AHA cream to get rid of the flakes if I do get them considering my skin is like an oil refinery.

It will get dry and chapped really quickly, you shouldn't use exfoliators while using the BP treatments either as they can be very irritating to the skin, you really need to use moisturizer, I can't stress this enough.

You should always be using a moisturizer, infact, it will prevent your skin from becoming "oily."

Just make sure it is non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic and ofcourse oil-free.

Wow ok revo. Thanks for the advice bro. I have some old klaron moisturizer lotion but it expired almost a year ago. Still looks good but I'll pick some new stuff up.