Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ed1982

ALOE VERA + MOISTURISOR

hi there,

i don't like using moisturisor (?) as i think it may bring on new acne..i really want to try the aloe very because i have mild/slightly moderate acne but more red marks, uneven skin tone, etc...

does anybody know whether you can use the aloe vera without putting moisturisor on afterwards?..i have kinda dry skin and so i only wash my face once a day...have any of you guys seen improvement using it once a day or is it better to do 2 or more times?

also, can you apply the aloe vera without washing your face or do you need to do it every time you want to put it on...

if anybody can help i'd really appreciate it....

thanks...

Hey, before I apply aloe vera, I usually wash my face first, otherwise when I feel sorta oily or such, I just rinse with water and then apply it.

If you don't using moisturizer, splash water on your face and sorta pat it so it isn't all dry, but you can feel your face wet. I find I have to do this a couple of times before my face actually feels undry.

I spot treat with Aloe Vera without washing my face first but wouldn't suggest putting it all over your face without first cleansing.

I used to find it very drying but since I've been applying Palmers Fade Cream (sort of a moisturiser sort of not) before the Aloe Vera Gel this hasn't been a problem. Some people don't find Aloe Vera Gel drying at all and use it as a moisturiser so maybe just try it out and see what it's like for your skin.

hey thanks very much guys..i'm gonna try it and see what happens...i guess i'll test it on a small patch of skin to see how drying it is, etc

do you know if it is an effective spot treater or it is more for red marks etc?

thanks again

i haven't posted much on the forum before, but it's nice to know that other people are going through the same stuff as me and that everybody is so willing to help out eusa_angel.gifbiggrin.gif