Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DontWantToFeelUgly

BP - I need some advice!!

Hi there,

First of all, thanks so much for everyone who replied to my "i think im going to die!" post, i find all your responses so reasurring, i don't know where i'd be without you!

Anyway, my problem now is that having used some BP on spotty areas of my face since wednesday, for the last two days the whole area has become very very red, itchy and quite a big patch on my cheek is swollen. I don't know if this is simply because i used too much, or an allergy. My skin is qute sensitive and i'm allergic to non-hypoallagenic eye make-up.

Anyway, i really need some advice on how to get rid of the swelling and redness. Needless to say, I havent used anymore BP, and i'm now putting aloe vera gel on the areas, but its hard to say if its working at all. I've just taken an anti-histamine allergy tablet in the hope that it may reduce some of it, but i won't know til later until its done any good.

Have you any advice on what to do? And equally importantly...how long does it normally take for the redness/swelling to subside?!

I'm trying to stay positive, but i get paranoid that its never gonna go down!!

Did you start with less than recomended? B/c otherwise you might get very red if you have sensitive skin like you said. Also remember to use a moisturizer right. Other than that i dont know :/ ...