Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ndmgal

Foods that don't cause acne

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I post on these on these boards because i believe i can help people. If helping people by alerting them to the truth is what it takes, then thats what i will do.

Our motives are the same minnymouse. If i come across as negative, maybe that is because a lot of my posts point out negative truths, but people deserve no less, than the truth.

It comes across negative because you use negative ways to get your point across.  You don't attack people if you want to help.  I read your posts and they are spiteful, often rude and no one likes to hear your point of view when you are on the attack like that.  For instance, why the heck did you come here calling me a fanatic when all I posted were kind words of encouragement to markh?  See, that was just for malicious reasons.  It didn't help anyone.

My martial arts instructor always taught me to use restraint and to pull back rather than going with the punch.  You should think about using that restraint prior to your posts as you probably do have much to offer, but I for one don't like your approach.  Sorry, but that is the way you come across.  Don't come back attacking me again for a simple post I make to another.  Why did you do that?  Tell me what it accomplished?

I accept your criticism.

However i will continue to alert people to the negatives truths. This doesnt always make me a popular figure on these boards, but it is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

So, acne vs link, diet didn't work for you. So that's why you feel the need to convince others not to try it? Do you not believe the people here who say diet has worked for them? Do you think we're lying? You even said yourself that diet did help a little, it just didn't make it all go away. So shouldn't people have the option of trying it out for themselves, just like you did. If you really want to gjve people information, why don't you tell us exactly what you did and didn't eat and for how long, how much it did or didn't help and if you have a better solution. Are you doing something now that is working better than the diet did?

Guest Shjaker

My opinion

All this stuff about eliminating some vegetables and some fruits is phooey to me. First of all, they're good for you. Period. [ewww peeriiodd] Second of all, it's different for everyone [there ARE some foods that seem to often aggravate acne in many people however]. Thirdly, it's damn near impossible to stick to these acne-free diets that get all complicated. It's exactly like those fad diets. Short term results that never last.

Anywho, no one jump me for contradicting some people, I'm just expressing what I follow.

I eat a very healthy, vegetarian-like diet. You NEED fats. But I don't go out and buy a cheeseburger, I get the healthy fats from nuts [almonds and walnuts, yumyum]. I rarely eat meat, and when I do it's lean chicken etc. I balance my diet to get the nutrients I need. I try not to overload on wheat just in case it DOES aggravate acne, and I drink soy milk for the same purpose.

You'll drive yourself absolutely mad trying to narrow down all the foods that could possibly cause acne, so the best advice I can give is just EAT HEALTHY in moderation. I've seen a significant improvement since cutting out all shit sugar and fatty fat fats.

I don't eat white potatoes [because im paranoid about what everyone says about them] but I looove sweet potatoes.

So please don't get too hyped up about what you can and can't eat. Just be sensible.

My opinion

All this stuff about eliminating some vegetables and some fruits is phooey to me.  First of all, they're good for you. Period. [ewww peeriiodd] Second of all, it's different for everyone [there ARE some foods that seem to often aggravate acne in many people however]. Thirdly, it's damn near impossible to stick to these acne-free diets that get all complicated. It's exactly like those fad diets. Short term results that never last.

Anywho, no one jump me for contradicting some people, I'm just expressing what I follow.

I eat a very healthy, vegetarian-like diet. You NEED fats. But I don't go out and buy a cheeseburger, I get the healthy fats from nuts [almonds and walnuts, yumyum]. I rarely eat meat, and when I do it's lean chicken etc. I balance my diet to get the nutrients I need. I try not to overload on wheat just in case it DOES aggravate acne, and I drink soy milk for the same purpose.

You'll drive yourself absolutely mad trying to narrow down all the foods that could possibly cause acne, so the best advice I can give is just EAT HEALTHY in moderation. I've seen a significant improvement since cutting out all shit sugar and fatty fat fats.

I don't eat white potatoes [because im paranoid about what everyone says about them] but I looove sweet potatoes.

So please don't get too hyped up about what you can and can't eat. Just be sensible.

Guest Shjaker

And those 'diet regimens' that practically spell out every meal for you, unless you have extreme determination and willpower [ku-dos if you do] you will not be able to stick to it. Your cravings will go insane and you'll end up doing worse by splurging on a whole shit load of shit.

Not saying that's for all, but those complicated diets are just too complicated.

Guest Shjaker
Distilled or chlorinated or bottled or well water???  wacko.gif

Guest Shjaker

Honestly, find your own diet regimen. Im not even going to recommend what I do, even though it's working good for me ^_^, because it's different for everyone. smile.gif Good luck ya'll

acne vs link, please leave the board. i am not a big believer in diet and i am less of a tool than you. you provide nothing to these boards, really, and keep trying to boast your pseudo intelligence with really dumb quotes that don't belong in your posts. stop trying to appear wise and all knowing, when you simply appear foolish, condescending, and down right fake.

you claim to spout "truths" but what you spout is opinions based on your own personal experience. you claim to understand "science" when your basic understanding of human physiology or biology is nothing short of sub-highschool.

here's a good quote for you:

"fake people suck." -dennis rodman

but if u crave sweets.,,donuts..or whatever,,what do u eat then??i have trouble findin things to eat when i need sweets and snacks,,,i eat 7 times in a day..lil portions

but if u crave sweets.,,donuts..or whatever,,what do u eat then??i have trouble findin things to eat when i need sweets and snacks,,,i eat 7 times in a day..lil portions

awwwwwwwww thanks:)

it is hard..i dont crave it all the time butoften..if i see cookies..ordonuts ..icant control it

and i try to eat a granola bar or something to take place...

ill try

awwwwwwwww thanks:)

it is hard..i dont crave it all the time butoften..if i see cookies..ordonuts ..icant control it

and i try to eat a granola bar or something to  take place...

ill try

I agree with Minnymouse, sugar gets addicitive lol I remember I was hooked on Pepsi like you would'nt believe. Had about 3 cans a day this was 3 years ago and my face was explodin with acne. Then I cut that out... ONLY jus the Pepsi and the difference it made was unbelieveable I must have gotten from 0.5% clear to 80% clear or seomthing. Then I learned I should also avoid donuts and things like that and so do that now for a year. I also drink min of 5 bottles per day and at least one apple and orange a day and generally eat healthy. I eat fastfood maybe once a month but that's because I can't avoid eating stuff when i'm out ALL the time.

In general I eat healthy but I don't go crazy and do all these diet regimes like Quantum said cuz I find they make u fucking crazy just reading it by making you believe everything including the air we breathe is bad for acne.

Anyways I'm tired of being 90% clear though maybe I SHOULD take the next step and eliminate either dairy or the bread but I find these the hardest which is why i've left it till last. I mean not eating DAIRY is just crazy for me... I don't understand how it works because in my culture breakfast MEANS Bread + Cheese or Bread + Butter or Bread + Margarine. This has always been the case for me and I fail to see many substitutest for it since we say eggs is also bad as well as corn flakes or whatever and that's not an option anyway since I was a kid I never liked those and never ate them and now I see they're bad anyways according to many posters here due to high levels of sugar.

Also Minnymouse I should say i'm very impressed by you I find every post yours a joy to read and would like to talk to you more when time allows me.

I gotta go now.. take care all of you though. You're all good people.

i'm out

Guest Shjaker
I've found that some granola bars contain the same amount of sugar if not more than the average candy bar (stay away from Quaker granola bars). eusa_wall.gif

Dannie,

Minnymouse really is right, and that is good advice to read something that tells you what sugar does to you. It will really motivate you to give it up. I used to eat one cookie a day. I walk past my co op every day and I would always stop in and get a vegan cookie, but it still had sugar in it. I never really realized it was such a habit until I stopped doing it. Maybe you can learn to make some homemade cookies that are sweetened with brown rice syrup to help satisfy your cravings for sweets. I've found that the best way to beat cravings is to be armed with a good healthy substitute that you really enjoy.

Well I've been doing pretty well with the diet, but I've been feeling like shit! I feel like I have the damn flu. I haven't used anything to detox my body. Also I've been craving sweets more than ever and they're everywhere in my house. I made my sister hide everything chocolate so I wouldn't touch it. How long does this shitty feeling last for?

Omg my diet is working, my back and chest are completely clear. I have a peel on my skin right now but ihave no zits on my face right now either. I have been... getting a lot of crap out of my body... gross but i feel better now. The flu feeling is fading away. I've also been drinking a lot of green tea. God i hope i can stay with this.

Omg my diet is working, my back and chest are completely clear. I have a peel on my skin right now but ihave no zits on my face right now either. I have been... getting a lot of crap out of my body... gross but i feel better now. The flu feeling is fading away. I've also been drinking a lot of green tea. God i hope i can stay with this.

That's awesome ndmgal. Clearing up is the best motivation for sticking with it. smile.gif

ya but its hard to find food to substitute sugary sweets that dont have sugar

like i thought gronola bars where good only to find there is alot of sugar...so u cantreally find foods with no sugar...but yet your body does need a certain amount each day