Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ndmgal

Foods that don't cause acne

Hi, I gonna do my best to cut out sugars and processed foods. Ive been eating salad with olive oil, chicken, fresh fruits and vegetables, whole wheat bread instead of white bread... ive cut out snacks and cereal. Can you tell me what kind of meats i am supposed to eat and any suggestions for meals? I don't like to eat most fish, tho I do like tuna. Thanks for any help!

Hi, I gonna do my best to cut out sugars and processed foods. Ive been eating salad with olive oil, chicken, fresh fruits and vegetables, whole wheat bread instead of white bread... ive cut out snacks and cereal. Can you tell me what kind of meats i am supposed to eat and any suggestions for meals? I don't like to eat most fish, tho I do like tuna. Thanks for any help!

I know other members will jump down my throat for saying this, but i have some advice for you.

You could follow the impending advice from sweetjade, minnymouse etc about how diet will cure your acne. You could spend months trying to eliminate every last controversial acnegenic food, and believe me as you will soon discover, there is a long list...

...From foods such as dairy (the obvious) all the way to things like beef, carrots, oats and bread. And then, you will discover that theres more... some will tell you to avoid tap water, some will tell you avoid eggs, bananas or kiwis. Some will tell you to avoid nuts, tomatoes, peppers and spices. And then there will be those who will tell you that all your food should be eaten raw.

Now, you could follow their advice, every last piece of it. And they will all tell you, you WILL get results. And im telling you, you WILL get results, (but maybe not the results you expect). You will become thinner and weaker and will lose masses of weight. You will become socially isolated and no longer feel part of the group. You will look at 'normal' people with a feeling of disdain, thinking how 'healthy' you are compared to them. And, you will kid yourself that this diet will yeild results.

Now, by all means, try this diet. You have nothing to lose but your acne. But please, before you do...

...it is not a quick fix. You will not see results next week. It is a serious investment. You will need to dedicate at least two months of your life to it. And ultimately, in two months time, your acne could be gone. Or, it could be the same, or it could be worse.

What i strongly suggest to you is this. Rather than dedicate yourself for two whole months to find an answer, why not do it in a week?

If your acne really is affected by diet, why not spend a week eating as much 'danger' food as you can.

Go out, have fun, get wasted, eat burgers, eat fries, drink milk, eat cheese and chocalate. Eat bananas and nuts, eat carrots and kiwis and potatoes. And then at the end of the week, you will have your answer...

If your skin is worse... you know diet affects you, if it isnt, then you have saved youself more suffering than you could imagine.

Go out, have fun, get wasted, eat burgers, eat fries, drink milk, eat cheese and chocalate. Eat bananas and nuts, eat carrots and kiwis and potatoes. And then at the end of the week, you will have your answer...

If your skin is worse... you know diet affects you, if it isnt, then you have saved youself more suffering than you could imagine.

haha no I know it is my diet cause around xmas I cut out sugar and yeast and drank a lot of herbal teas and my skin was crystal clear for months. Then when college started again and i gradually started eating crap my skin started breaking out. I have high insulin levels from being on hormone therapy so sugar is my biggest problem. I'll try my best to eat fish but it's always seemed so disgusting to me! Thanks for the help!

for the record i beleive diet plays a large part in MY acne.

I have been eating like Sweetjade and Minymouse recommend for 2 months and my skin is gradually improving. I have been 99% clear a couple of times while doing the diet but unfortunatley when eating and drinking booze out i do eat what i like and seem to get 3-6 spots about 2-4 days later.

A massive improvement because i was getting 3-6 spots a day. My skin has been this way for over 10 years so to go a week with none is brilliant cool.gif

Its still early days and i am learning about what i can eat but its nice to be in control of your acne natrually with out the use of drugs and topicals. I only wash with water.

thats crap about loosing strength, i eat Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice and Oats with loads of chicken and fish and veg/Fruit and feel pretty good. I did loose weight at first but now i have found i can eat the above foods as much as i want i will soon put on weight.

These are just my early impressions of the diet, i may well say in 6 months that its a waste of time but at the mo i can see only positive things.

I would say give it ago what have you got to loose cool.gif

for the record i beleive diet plays a large part in MY acne.

I have been eating like Sweetjade and Minymouse recommend for 2 months and my skin is gradually improving. I have been 99% clear a couple of times while doing the diet but unfortunatley when eating and drinking booze out i do eat what i like and seem to get 3-6 spots about 2-4 days later.

A massive improvement because i was getting 3-6 spots a day. My skin has been this way for over 10 years so to go a week with none is brilliant cool.gif

Its still early days and i am learning about what i can eat but its nice to be in control of your acne natrually with out the use of drugs and topicals. I only wash with water.

thats crap about loosing strength, i eat Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice and Oats with loads of chicken and fish and veg/Fruit and feel pretty good. I did loose weight at first but now i have found i can eat the above foods as much as i want i will soon put on weight.

These are just my early impressions of the diet, i may well say in 6 months that its a waste of time but at the mo i can see only positive things.

I would say give it ago what have you got to loose cool.gif

Are you not worried about the sky-high GL of sweet potatoes, rice or oats? You are aware of the insulin spike and its subsequent hormone surge leading to sebum surge connection right? Are you not bothered about the unhealthy omega 3: omega 6 ratio of the chicken (the ratio is dangerously to the right, although good skin requires it to be to the left), or even the hormones and antibiotics it may have been pumped with? What about the 'evil' lectins and anti-nutrients in the rice/oats (all grains)which interfere with the absorbtion of essential micro-nutrients...not bothered about these?

How about candida albicans... i notice you were on antibiotics for 10years!! Therefore, there is a very good chance you will have a yeast infection, and this will need to be dealt with before you can cure your acne. Its OK though my friend, sweetjade and minnymouse will help you out here too.

... to beat the yeast infection you need to starve it, by eliminating all simple sugars and anything ressembling simple sugars... such foods would be;

...bananas, grapes, kiwi, apples, cherries, all types of confectionary, all breads, all pastas, all potatoes (even sweet), parsnips and many more high sugar foods.

Its ok though, avoid all these foods for about one month and you should have dealt with the candida.

Also, you might want to think about eliminating wheat products, such as bread or pasta because a lot of people cant tolerate wheat. Also there is gluten to consider, this could also be something to look at- sweetjade had to eliminate it entirely before she cleared up.

Now, do you eat nightshades... i.e. peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, because these could also be problematic for acne.

Or nuts, a lot of people have a hard time with nuts, so these are best avoided.

What have you got lose?

Wow acne vs link, first off...why are you bolding things?  If it is to emphasize, I think we know what you are saying without the bold.  If the person said they are doing well on their diet, it does not mean you have to make them crazy with a million other "possible" items/foods that can/might aggravate acne for some people.  Unless, of course, you are 100% clear and did mass studies on many many people on the diet you layed out.

Please, call me Dave. The guy asked what he had to lose, the guy kindly pointed out how becoming weaker is 'crap' and the guy also chooses to respond to my original suggestion with ignorance.

And bloodcries, before you start advising people about the holistic approach, maybe you should tell them that you took accutane first.

Whats wrong with utilising the bold function? Going to have a go about that now too?

Never argue with a fool. Someone watching may not be able to tell the difference.

''it doesnt really matter if i took accutane or not''... this speaks volumes.

...it doesnt really matter i use bold print or not.

It is the province of knowledge to speak and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.

What does not kill you makes you stronger.

We will overcome acne and we will become stronger.

(Im sorry if i upset you.)

Are you not worried about the sky-high GL of sweet potatoes, rice or oats? You are aware of the insulin spike and its subsequent hormone surge leading to sebum surge connection right? Are you not bothered about the unhealthy omega 3: omega 6 ratio of the chicken (the ratio is dangerously to the right, although good skin requires it to be to the left), or even the hormones and antibiotics it may have been pumped with? What about the 'evil' lectins and anti-nutrients in the rice/oats (all grains)which interfere with the absorbtion of essential micro-nutrients...not bothered about these?

How about candida albicans... i notice you were on antibiotics for 10years!! Therefore, there is a very good chance you will have a yeast infection, and this will need to be dealt with before you can cure your acne. Its OK though my friend, sweetjade and minnymouse will help you out here too.

... to beat the yeast infection you need to starve it, by eliminating all simple sugars and anything ressembling simple sugars... such foods would be;

...bananas, grapes, kiwi, apples, cherries, all types of confectionary, all breads, all pastas, all potatoes (even sweet), parsnips and many more high sugar foods.

Its ok though, avoid all these foods for about one month and you should have dealt with the candida.

Also, you might want to think about eliminating wheat products, such as bread or pasta because a lot of people cant tolerate wheat. Also there is gluten to consider, this could also be something to look at- sweetjade had to eliminate it entirely before she cleared up.

Now, do you eat nightshades... i.e. peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, because these could also be problematic for acne.

What have you got lose?

I think anybody with about a half a brain and the ability to read could figure out from the NUMEROUS posts that say this, to start out by avoiding the obvious things that will be good for your overall health anyway, such as sugar, transfats and processed food. If that doesn't work, dairy and/or wheat are the next logical steps because so many people report results after eliminating those. From there, you can try other things, but the whole point is to find out what works for you. If diet is just one of the many other things you try in your battle against acne that doens't work, then so be it. If you've truly exhausted all the diet AND cleanse options (and I haven't seen anybody around here that has, myself included), then at least you've eliminated that as a cause, and you can start to look elsewhere.

As far as candida goes it, ignoring it doesn't mean you don't have it. You can choose to ignore it, but it won't go away. Best to deal with it head on. Start with some probiotics and oregano oil, and eliminating sugar and bread.

What have you got lose?

I have no idea why sweet poatoes Oats and Brown Rice dont affect my skin but they dont. End of. The proof is in the pudding, my skin is now better than it was  on Antibiotics.

You ask if im worried about eating these foods. NO i was more worried when i was using antibiotics!

I have eliminated Bread , Pasta etc from my diet. As for high sugary fruits these do not effect me at all luckily apart from perhaps pineapple. Nightshade veg is not a problem either either i eat loads of tomatoes and peppers.

Things that do affect me appear to be any wheat prodcuts or products containing wheat, chocolates/sweets, Nuts, Booze and i think Pineapple.

For me the Jury is still out on dairy, fatty meats (pork beef lamb), white potaoes, white rice. Still early days and i have not re introduced these yet

Thanks for the advice but you seem very negative about the hole diet thing and hostile.

Is anyone else fed up with the negative attitude of this acne vs link?  I posted a very positive remark to markh without even touching on the subject of a vs l's earlier ranting posts.  This is the shit I get back from him.   eusa_sick.gif

I could say more, but I am using restraint.   eusa_angel.gif