Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First doctor appointment and I went there and he took 1 min and said hmm ok and perscribed me this antibiotic. Has anyone tried BenzaClin? It contains 5% BP and 1% of the antibiotic called, clindamycin. Will this antibiotic work, I've been using it for two days day and night and I do not have one active pimple, it might be by chance but I don't know. Will this antibiotic actually work and CAN I MOISTURIZE AFTER IT? Thanks, and here's the website to this cream :

http://benzaclin.com/Index.jsp

it stings and hurts very bad when you apply it. i've tried it and discontinued it after skin irritations.

First doctor appointment and I went there and he took 1 min and said hmm ok and perscribed me this antibiotic. Has anyone tried BenzaClin? It contains 5% BP and 1% of the antibiotic called, clindamycin. Will this antibiotic work, I've been using it for two days day and night and I do not have one active pimple, it might be by chance but I don't know. Will this antibiotic actually work and CAN I MOISTURIZE AFTER IT? Thanks, and here's the website to this cream :

http://benzaclin.com/Index.jsp

Thanks for atleast replying, did you moisturize after it? My skin doesn't burn because I'm used to the 5% BP from trying the Regimen before, I still do the regimen steps but with this cream instead of actual BP gel although this cream does have the actual 5% BP in it.

Anyone else have great results about this and or comments?

this stuff is awesome. like the first week it will make your face really dry but then your face will get use to it. you might get a couple pimples at first but they deff go away. it was the only thing that cleared me up after trying for a long time

Ok, this is great. I have no active pimples and have been on it for only 3-4 days, might be just luck or something. I put it on twice a day and it feels great and has no smell. I love it. We'll see a bit later on.

Awesome man. BenzaClin works great for many people!

The benzoyl peroxide+clindamycin is a good combination. And yes, you can moisturize after.

Ok thanks, are you sure it won't take the BenzaClin off and are you 100% sure of that and john and acne suks did you both use moisturizers after and did it work? Thanks.

Ok thanks, are you sure it won't take the BenzaClin off and are you 100% sure of that and john and acne suks did you both use moisturizers after and did it work? Thanks.

Hey, I'm glad to hear Benzaclin is working for you. I had acne and was cleared up using Benzaclin. the only bad thing about it is that eventually your sking will get used to it and it is possible you'll break out again but by not using it for a little bit you can obtain the same effect as before. I'm currently using Benzaclin after breaking out but I think I'm going to use accutane beacause i would like to be done with acne all together.

Retin-A stands for Retinoic Acid. It is a gel that basically renews your skin. A bit irritating, but awesome. I don't know if you can get that in Canada... you would have to ask around.

I used BenzaClin for a while, before I started using Accutane. I did have a lot of active pimples though. It didn't dry my skin out too badly at all. It worked for me for a little while, but then it stopped helping me (like every other drug).

Guest TylerD

BenzaClin works really well i used it for a long long time last year and was 100% clear with it i would get the odd pimple or so but that was it. If i were you i would not use Retin A and yes you can get it in Canada but i used it for a short time and it made my skin so dry and red and it didnt even clear me up. It works for some people but alot of ppl have had dissapointing results with it also. Stick with the BenzaClin for a good month or 2 before trying anything els this stuff is really good.

I will give it a bit of time, I will go back to doctor in a week or two since it has almost ran out already. Did you guys apply alot? And do you have to sturr it everytime you apply?

Guest TylerD

I never stirred it at all i just put it on maybe just mix it a tiny bit with your fingure but yes i applied alot i used it in the morning i covered my hole face and sometimes more over top and then at night and i did that for months with great results.

Did you moisturize too!? It's only 25g so if you use alot it won't last long, mine's almost done in a week or two and I've had it for like 1.5 weeks or 2 weeks.