Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello there, I was just wondering how often you use two forms of contraception? I have been on tane for about a month now, and well I am finding really hard to use two forms. I am on the pill of course, but man when you're in the moment it's so hard to take the time to put a condom on my b/f eusa_sick.gif , anywhooo I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing eusa_shifty.gif

it may take time to put on a comdom but its worth the efffort. dont want to go out with an STD... even if you trust your bf.

There are other contraceptive methods you could try instead of the condom. Spermicides pr sponges mey work well for you in this situation. Also, You may want to have a serious talk with your boyfriend about the effects of Accuatne on a fetus. An fetus is 20 - 30% more likely to be born with physical birth defects and thats not including long term effects on mental capabilities and disorders. If you do become pregant and choose to terminate the pregnancy this could cause emotional upsets and hormonal imbalances on your part. When I was on Accuatne I always had a constant worry. You always have to keep thinking about the possible outcomes. Be safe and prevent pregnancy so no one will get hurt. I'm sure if you talk to your boyfriend and tell him how important this is he would agree to use a condom everytime.

Don't want an STD? You said it guys. I'd rather get an STD than destroy an unborn baby's life. So if you want an abnormal child with very special needs, go ahed and stop using your condom.

I don't get people like that.

your boyfriend will be sleeping around anyway, all men do even if u think they dont, he probably goes to prostitutes too, god i know i do

Please do not trust anyone too much. We live in a very individualistic time. It is cool that you love your bf for a long time, but that does not mean you have to take risks by trusting him too much.

The bunch of posts in this thread telling that it is wrong will give you some idea that even though all ppl here are in your age group they think differently and it should give you a hint to change things.

Make him use condom, it is the least he can do on his part.

your boyfriend will be sleeping around anyway, all men do even if u think they dont, he probably goes to prostitutes too, god i know i do

the owner of this site didnt seem to think so, just got a message in my indox saying please dont use racist terms and stop being offensive to other users, its the roaccutane making me this nasty honest, its not me !!!!!!!!!

oh my god how funny..

First of all.. Don't go to prostitutes. That's icky. ....Really.

Second of all.. Use condoms. If you can't use condoms for the few months you are on accutane, you are asking for problems. Plus, it shows alot of immaturity which means you shouldn't even be having sex in the first place.

I'm not trying to hate on you, I think it's great that you and your boyfriend are together and were each other's first and everything.. I don't believe all men cheat, but I do believe you can't trust everything people tell you and even the closest people to you can lie to you. Just don't let yourself put your guard down for any reason. Protect yourself, especially during this time.

And I'm gonna repeat myself again. Don't go to prostitutes. There's nothing good you're going to get from a prosty. Even if you think it's good, it's still bad because it's a prostitute. I repeat, It's a prostitute. Stop the tape here and rewind until you get it through your head. Jk lol

oh my god how funny..

First of all.. Don't go to prostitutes.  That's icky.  ....Really.

Second of all.. Use condoms.  If you can't use condoms for the few months you are on accutane, you are asking for problems.  Plus, it shows alot of immaturity which means you shouldn't even be having sex in the first place.

I'm not trying to hate on you, I think it's great that you and your boyfriend are together and were each other's first and everything.. I don't believe all men cheat, but I do believe you can't trust everything people tell you and even the closest people to you can lie to you.  Just don't let yourself put your guard down for any reason. Protect yourself, especially during this time.

And I'm gonna repeat myself again.  Don't go to prostitutes.  There's nothing good you're going to get from a prosty.  Even if you think it's good, it's still bad because it's a prostitute.  I repeat, It's a prostitute.  Stop the tape here and rewind until you get it through your head. Jk lol

If you're going to be irresponsible, at least use a condom during the times when you're most fertile. There's a catch to this though, b/c young females can be unpredictable w/ fertility. I would just suggest suck it up for 5months and use a damn condom, even if it's the thin ones.

p.s. i'm not sure exactly what an answer to your question is going to prove. Good luck on the tane though

Anyone who pretends that sex can be as pleasurably impulsive or feel as natural and uninhibited while always making a point of first putting on a condom is kidding themselves, BUT it should be a habit NOT a chore in all but committed, mutually exclusive long-term relationships after both partners get tested.

That being said, the fact is that (outside of Accutane, at least), pregnancy nowadays is really only an issue for those whose partner's or their own belief system prevents them from terminating an unwanted pregancy; as far as pregnancy is concerned the pill is usually anxiety-relieving contraception enough. The real reason most use condoms nowadays even when their partner is on the pill isn't so much because they're worrying about having to change diapers in the event that the pill should prove insufficient as it's because they're prudent enough to know there remains some possibility that even though everything seems alright your partner could still possibly be one of the significant number of asymptomatic cases of an STD, to say nothing of the highly asymptomatic HIV/AIDS. THIS is what stops most of us from just jumping right into bed without a condom even with our devoted girlfriend/boyfriend of many months, at any age or maturity level.

My girlfriend and I usually don't use condoms, a stage arrived at after 6 months and only then after mutual testing, but when she started Accutane we agreed it should be a given, on top of her birth control. I'm going to be politically incorrect here and tell the truth as I experience it shock.gif: the sex isn't nearly as anything-goes and in-the-moment and it doesn't feel as genitally intense with condoms as it does au naturelle (in fact it takes me TOO long to come, if at all), but it's still great, not least because she's terrific in the sack, and also I don't want to stress about inadvertently fathering a deformed foetus which then raises the ethical issue of what to do about it (not least in the Republic of Ireland where abortion is illegal, as the disturbing preponderance of 16-year-old mothers wheeling their babies while popping chewing gum and giggling into their mobile phones will attest). I don't know what you ladies out there would have to say about the difference in sensation during sex between a "sheathed" and "unsheathed" penis, but speaking as a guy the latter is by far more pleasurable, physically and psychologically, but especially physically.

I know we're not "supposed" to say this because it might encourage kids out there to go screw each other without condoms, but it's the truth for me, though others may disagree from their own personal experience. BUT even when fear of pregnancy despite the pill isn't disincentive enough, rational fear of STDs, especially as so often they can be asymptomatic, should be sufficient disincentive to having sex without a condom with all but the but the most trustworthy and TESTED of partners. The fact is, this IS easier said than done. But on the upside, the best thing about sex is that even when it's bad it's still pretty damn good. eusa_dance.gif And if you're really hung up on the whole pregnancy thing, I suppose there's always anal. eusa_shhh.gif I'm friends with one girl who was so worried about getting pregnant while on Accutane that she and her boyfriend only ever had anal sex for 5 months. Problem was, after she finished her course and was OK with going back to plain old intercourse, her bf had got so hooked on anal he didn't want go back! Or rather, didn't want to go front! lol.gif

It all depends on how much you trust the person to me. If they say they don't have any STD's and you trust them I wouldn't use a 2nd form of contraception. If it's just a casual thing with a shady person then you better use one, it only takes 1 fuck up to get HIV.

I am not condoning unprotected sex here - but banging on about STDs when she didn't use condoms before 'tane is not going to change it.

few questions you need to think about if you do this

1. Do you trust your boyfriend?

2. Do you take the pill correctly - like at the same time each day?

3. Do you believe in abortion?

4. Ever thought about a female condom?

5. Ever thought about the coil/IUD?

6. Is a few months really not worth the 'hassle' of using a condom?