Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jenya

Oriental Cupping Therapy...can this work for scars

http://www.everesthealth.com/oriental-cupping.html

I remember my grandmother doing this along time ago, I wonder if this can potentially work for scars.

If you you can lift he tissue to allow blood circulation, it can possibly produce results similar to a subcision

Oriental Cupping (Chinese Cupping) uses cups from cupping sets as a traditional form of pain and healing therapy that stimulates circulation through the tissues.

Oriental Cupping is an ancient Chinese method that uses cups from a cupping set to create a suction (or a partial vacuum) on the skin. This helps in activating the underlying tissues. When the cup is left in place on the skin for a few minutes, blood stasis is formed and localized healing can take place much easier.

Cupping has also been found to affect the body up to four inches into the tissues, causing tissues to release toxins, activate the lymphatic system, clear colon blockages, help activate and clear the veins, arteries and capillaries, activate the skin, clear stretch marks and improve varicose veins. Cupping is the best deep tissue massage available.

I have been wondering about the alternatives to subcision for a while now. I wonder if using a gentle vaccum would produce the same results w/o having to buy the set?

Vacuum in no way would produce similar results...."Cupping has also been found to affect the body up to four inches into the tissues" it would be impossible to create a strong suction on the skin, thus activating the underlying tissues.

I think the trick would be to find a small enough cup, just to fit the scar

do you think if it is done to a section of the skin, it could cause sagging? this is verrrrrry interesting!!

This is so timely that I found this post. About a month ago, I was in a local drug store and came across this small hand held device which runs on batteries and has a small suction. The purpose was for black heads, or cleaning out pores. I actually bought it to stimulate my skin through circulation to improve it and minimize scarring. It has two settings...one side is oval and the other circular. I've been using it for a short while and I am happy with the results. I do believe the suctioning is stimulating the tissues, it's definitely increasing my circulation. It does temporarily plump up my skin. I don't know if it will be a permanent solution to erase scarring as I've not used it long enough. Anyway, just thought I'd pass on the information. I was surprised when I had discovered it, as I was thinking that something such as what I found would be really good for long term maintenance for my skin. Also, the one I found was really inexpensive. After reading the Chinese cupping method, I think I got an amazing deal. If anyone is interested in the pore cleaner suction thing I found, pm me. I could probably go back and get more.

Honestly I don't remember the actual name. It had something to do with cleaning out pores. So it might have been something like pore cleaner. As I mentioned, I don't know what the long term affects will be, I've just started using it, but do intend to continue it as apart of my daily skin routine. The fact that it increases my circulation is reason enough for me. I do know that it'll keep my skin's elasticity, and keep it supple.

There are several versions of that available.

If you click on the link that 'nodoubt' provided and type 'Pore Cleanzer' on the search box, you'll see there are several versions ranging in price up to $50

Yea i bought one like3 years ago, it actually can cause you to breakout by damaging pores. They had a big article on it in self like two years ago.

The one I bought looks very similar to the picture, but made by a different company. I don't understand how it could possibly damage pores. I'm curious to hear about the article. If anything I would think my pores will improve.

Its not exactly the same thing, the pressure from cupping therapy is too great, as it is used with fire to create suction. I doubt the pore cleaner can penetrate four inches into the tissues.

Nevertheless I think its worth a try!

Yea i bought one like3 years ago, it actually can cause you to breakout by damaging pores. They had a big article on it in self like two years ago.

So, has anyone tried this on their scars yet?

:EDIT:

Oops, sorry about the double posting. Hmm...there's no option to delete the other post. eusa_wall.gif

Now that I'm back, I can throw in my two cents.

My skin has been pretty good for the past year or so, with some on-and-off. But, my regimen has been only to use witch hazel to clean and that's about it.

Just for fun, my father knows this kung-fu master/Chinese TCM doctor from China, and he tried cupping on just one spot on the back of my neck. I've done it 3 times already, and it seems to be ok so far. It's only been about 3 weeks. My skin wasn't too bad to begin with *knock on wood*.

He said that he tried it on this other person who had really bad skin, and after about 2 months, his skin was great.

The procedure works like this:

*Slaps a particular spot on the back of my neck for about 5 minutes, bringing a lot of blood to that area

*feels for 'the' point

*swabs the area with alcohol

*jabs a 1/4 inch special needle thingie on that spot (back of neck). Ouch!

*Take the special goldfish looking cup, and lights a fire inside, killing off all the oxygen

*'shlups' it to the back of my neck where it creates a huge suction, thus draining out some blood. Or toxins.

Interesting...

Stay tuned...

I've seen one of those, and I believe it's slightly smaller than a teacup, about the diameter of a tennis ball? I'm not too sure, but I don't believe it's very large.

Ya, it's much smaller than a goldfish bowl. A softball size sounds about right. You can definitely find info on it on the web.

It's the thing that Gwenyth Paltrow did and showed off the cupping marks on her back this one award ceremony time. Leave it to celebrities to try the latest and greatest thing.

My skin just had small breakouts here and there, but seem to have subsided. I should go back for another treatment soon...