Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

What convinced you to try the regimen?

Hi everybody,

I am working hard on getting the word out about the regimen and I want to make sure I am on the right track with my message. Please tell me what convinced you to try the regimen. It's important that I understand what makes people decide to try it.

Thanks!

Dan

Hey Dan!

The #1 reason that I tried your regimen is because BP was pretty much the only thing that worked for me in the past (I was using 10% before I started the regimen). So I thought that this regimen had a lot of potential of working for me.

And the #2 reason was because it was non-commercial. Say, if you had tried to sell me everything in a kit, I would have been very suspicious because then everything I read from your site would have been marketing over the internet.

But thanks for sharing Dan! You're awesome!

The reasons I tried it were differin gel was too irritating and it still didn't clear me 100% I stumbled across this site when trying to find something else that may work. I watched the videos, read your history, read the testimonials and decided what have I got to lose. So that's when I tried it.

Consistent use of BP in a regimen that also includes glycolic acid has been the most successful formula for me in the past, but has been frustrating because about all you can find is 10% which is horribly drying. Therefore, can't stay on it consistently or I look 20 years older!

Also that site was non-commercial helped; acne-sufferers are sold a bill of goods on a daily basis.

Definitely the comments i read from people who had success from the regimen, that really gave me the motivation to try the regimen, first time i did it i got completely clear but i never kept using the regimen to stay clear, now i'm doing the regimen again which is my third time but this time i will keep at it to stay clear. Thanks Dan! keep up the hard work!

I have been suffering with mild/moderate acne for the last 11 years, tried all kinds of different products (oxy pads, clearasil, clean and clear, you name it), I have been feeling very depressed with a lack of confidence in myself. eusa_shifty.gif

I did a search on google hoping for another solution (after a coworker of mine kept bugging me and asking me why I kept breaking out so much) and stumbled upon your site, I went through the testimonials and looked at the progress people have made in the galleries so I decided that I would give it a try as I have tried all kinds of over the counter medications which either made my eyes and face burn immediately after use or did nothing at all to help even with my mild acne. I didn't want to go to a dermatologist over it either as it seems to only be a mild case of acne, no big cysts or anything just mostly blackheads and some whiteheads and I have read about some bad side-effects of prescription drugs. I also have body-acne but am going to try other alternatives first before I consider using the BP treatments since I despise wearing white.

When I first started using a BP based topical treatment, It was working but not nearly enough as I prayed it would. I still got breakouts once every week. I found your website about a year later and I read every word on it and I analyzed the information you provided. I wanted to see what I was doing wrong! What attracted me to The Regimen was your realization of using more Benzoyl Peroxide. It's funny because the same day, I started to apply more BP. In the first week I had a new pimple above my lip under my nose and a few way up by my hairline on my forehead. They only lasted a day or two. After that, no new breakouts and no new pimples. I would look into the mirror and laugh because I couldn't believe that I was using BP for so long and all it really took was a few new gentle changes in the way I applied the products to my skin and ofcourse the amount of BP that I used.

What convinced me to try and use The Regimen were two factors. One was the information on your website. I knew the site was a personal website, I could tell. The information was priceless, and as I read it I basically could point out all of the mistakes I was making. The second factor was the success stories, and not only the ones sent in but your own story on your history of your own battle with acne and how you came to realize Benzoyl Peroxide was the solution.

Also a great addition are your videos. People can see you using your own product and the amount of faith and dedication you have in using it. I think right now, those videos play an important role in helping people understand how to use the products and how to treat the skin correctly.

Also your forum and the community in it, as well as your own participation in it, it shows them that you do care.

What convinced me was the simplicity, availability of products locally, and the testimonials were what really sold me on it. Started it that very day.

Brandy

That the site told what to expect from the regimen (non of this "be clear in 3 days" rubbish) and the evidence of success was there to see also.

The Regimen seemed really simple and effective from what I read in the testimonials. The products needed to begin the Regimen were items that you could just go out and buy, and not have to order and wait for a week and a half to receive. New acne products were always enticing to me because I hoped each and every time something new came out that it would be the thing that finally worked for me. For me, the Regimen was great because I already had everything I needed to start at home, and began using them that day. When you have acne, you get desperate! There is no time to wait! And the immediate results I saw were AMAZING!

The fact tht the regimen could be implemented without the need to buy products from you at ridiculously high prices made me want to try it. Although I did end up buying your BP gel, it wasn't very expensive. The testimonials and your story of how you have managed to treat your acne were also helpful in inticing me to try the regimen. It seemed obvious to me when I first found your website that you were genuinely trying to help people, not just make a quick buck.

The world needs more people like you, Dan!

Hi Dan,

I am a 49 year old female with a long history of cystic acne. It has always been a "mild/moderate" case, with maybe 1 - 3 cysts at a time...almost all of the time. I really, really wanted to have clear skin by the time I turn 50 confused.gif , so I've been looking into Smoothbeam laser, another round (my 4th) of accutane, or Spironolactone. However, I have been soooo frustrated that what I was looking at was possibly systematically dangerous to my body and/or iffy in it's effects. While roaming the web researching the Smoothbeam, I came across your site. I have always tolerated BP, but have always used it short-term and for problem areas only because I would get a tad red in the face from use.

However, your BP gel is fantastic! I ordered it in a last-ditch attempt to keep from going to more drastic and possibly harmful treatments. I am so happy to say that I cancelled my Smoothbeam appointment and am well on my way to clear skin. Your BP gel is non-irritating....better than Proactive. And being gentler to my face is being taken more kindly by my skin. THANK YOU DAN!!!!!!

Noelle

-i was looking for a new "treatment" to my mild pimples during the summer, and was reffered to the site by someone who said it had good info, read about the regimen on it, decided "what the hey", and the rest is history biggrin.gif

Simply because the site was created by YOU not a company not a dermatologist with perfect skin but by a guy who had the same problem as all of us. The fact that you showed all products for the regime like nuetrogena on the spot and the BP gel so it showed you wernt trying to only push your product.

-i was looking for a new "treatment" to my mild pimples during the summer, and was reffered to the site by someone who said it had good info, read about the regimen on it, decided "what the hey", and the rest is history biggrin.gif

Because I didn't feel I was being sold anything, just given practical advice. I happened to already own cleanser, 2.5% bp and moisturizer at the time I first read the website, so I tried the regimen immediately and I was hooked.

1. I recently started using Duac which has BP in it and saw good results

2. The videos on the website and the clear skin you have!! (Your acne story is similar to mine)

3. The testimonials

4. The value for money

Also when I get frustrated by spots, I often tend to find the most powerful creams I have and rub them in furiously. The whole softly softly thing makes a lot of sense.

--

Capehorn

cos i had tried pretty much everything else.

The regimen has worked BIGTIME for me. Sure, i get the occasional spot, but i can go with weeks without getting one now. The only bad thing is, it seems to be aging my skin a bit (i have a few fine lines/creases when i smile..)

its a pain doing it every morning, but ive got used to it...