Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sarah999

Neutrogena Microdermabrasion Kit LOG AND REVIEW

Bought it and trying it tonight. After Dan's regimen, I'm pretty much clear, but I have a ton of red marks and a few small scars along my hairline and on my cheeks. Nothing very severe, but stuff that would improve from a few sessions of microdermabrasion. Hoping that this gives me near the same results over a 3-6 month period.

I'll let you all know how it goes with frequent updates.

Check out the reviews on makeup alley. Apparently people say it really works.

Okay, I just used the kit for the first time. It consists of a wand, two snap-on sponge heads, a jar of cream, a stand for the wand, and batteries.

Neutrogena suggests that I use it every night for the first 5 days, and then take a week break, and then use it every 3 days or 2-3 times a week.

First I wash my face with a gentle cleanser.

I take the sponge and snap it onto the wand, okay, this seems easy. They say to dip the sponge into the cream and only use a very little bit. I did this. I then tapped the sponge on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin to put a bit of the cream there. Overall, the cream feels very light with tiny, tiny grains in it, like very fine sand. It barely has any fragrance.

I put the wand on the low setting for sensitive skin (there are two settings: sensitive skin and normal skin). I then proceeded to lightly glide it over my face, not spending more than 1-2 minutes on each area. It felt like wings fluttering lightly over my skin; it was a very strange sensation.

Afterwards, I splash tepid water onto my face to rinse off the cream; they suggest you splash rather than rub because rubbing may cause irritation.

They don't recommend that you use anything but a very mild moisturizer afterwards. I'm foregoing my BP lotion just for tonight to see how it goes.

Right now my face feels very smooth, smoother than it has felt in months. I don't feel irritated or dry, my skin isn't red, and overall I feel pretty comfortable.

I'll update again in the morning, and maybe take some pictures so you all can see what I'm starting with (well, after the first use anyway).

I don't think this is in my imagination.

This morning, my red marks from old acne looked a full shade lighter. My skin has a wonderful texture (smooth as silk) and makeup glides on like butter.

After washing my face this morning, I put about half a finger of BP on and then my Eucerin Moisturizer and I experienced no irritation.

My face is not red in the least, in face it is noticeably more even.

I'm going to get ready for bed now and use it for the second time. I'll update again tomorrow.

Bought it and trying it tonight. After Dan's regimen, I'm pretty much clear, but I have a ton of red marks and a few small scars along my hairline and on my cheeks. Nothing very severe, but stuff that would improve from a few sessions of microdermabrasion. Hoping that this gives me near the same results over a 3-6 month period.

I'll let you all know how it goes with frequent updates.

Check out the reviews on makeup alley. Apparently people say it really works.

ooo...is that? is that? gael garcia bernal?

hey, that's great to hear! i have pretty moderate scars, so I doubt it would work on me....oh how I wish it would!!! but i may try it after my accutane course..... just to see. no harm in trying.

thanks for the updates!!!  biggrin.gif

No worries, anyone can go off topic for hot men: house rules.

Another Update:

The texture of my skin is a lot nicer. It's very smooth and I noticed that my pores appear a tiny bit smaller. Overall, my face looks a little bit brighter. I'm not seeing dramatic improvements in the red marks, but Neutrogena said 11 treatments with the wand = 1 microdermabrasion. So, we'll see.

Overall, face still isn't irritated, and if nothing else, this is a really great way to exfoliate without scrubbing or irritating the skin. Moisturizer and makeup go on so nice now.

yeah i just used it last night....def a diffferent kind of feeling....i feel like some pore might have opened up that were blocked....not too much of a difference but it didn't do anything bad either...i'll post every couple days to let you know of anything diffferent or good...take care everyone.

I read about this in a magazine today. I thought i'd have a nose to see if anyone on here has/had used it, to see if it was worth a try.

Keep up the progress log, I hope it works out well for you biggrin.gif

Hey i've done this treatment for two days...so far so good....no serious changes but i do notice slightly more even skin tone...i really hope it gets ride of the marks and scars. Some questions....

Do you use BP when you're on this treatment? I don't be i'm thinking i might.

Also does your skin turn red when you use it?

Hey i've done this treatment for two days...so far so good....no serious changes but i do notice slightly more even skin tone...i really hope it gets ride of the marks and scars.  Some questions....

Do you use BP when you're on this treatment? I don't be i'm thinking i might.

Also does your skin turn red when you use it?

could you use this while on a low dose course of accutane [ 20mg / day ] ???

i may be on this course for a couple years and don't want to wait to improve some red marks on my neck.