Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmina16

panoxyl benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel

I use the 5% aquagel. I am assuming you have the one that is water-based oppose to alcohol-based??? It shouldn't be liquidy, but it is thinner I believe than most. It should be fine....in my opinion it's the best stuff. I am practically clear right now from 3 months of continuous use.

Also, if you do have the water-based one, its really good at absorbing, and once you let it dry into your skin, it will not stain anything, like your pillowcase.

Plus, its better for sensitive skin.

i've been using panoxyl aquagel 2.5 for about a month now and my skin is clear n(touch wood).I found it very drying for the first few weeks but after a while i found a great moisturiser and everything is going great.Plus i find that using it once a day (at night) keeps me clear eusa_dance.gif

I have been using BP aquagel 2.5%, though I find it very drying and hard for my skin to absorb, does anyone else find this?

Also, what is a good moisturiser to use with this gel? I like in England.

I've been using Panoxyl Aquagel 2.5% and I've had no real problems with it, just that its a little over-drying at times. I use Neutrogena Pore Refining Moisturiser with SPF15 in it. You can get it from Boots. This moisturiser is good, but a little pricey considering the size of the tube you get, and it starts to make u look shiny (probably the SPF) so next time I may try a more 'up-market' one like Anthony Logistics Moisturiser from mankind.co.uk.

Is that quite a thick moisturiser? how much does it cost?

Also, has anyone else experienced flaking with this product? What is the cause of it, applying too much?

I haven't experienced any actual peeling, except for on my nose, but my skin definitely gets dehydrated!! It looks fine when I apply moisturizer, but there is no way I can put foundation on.

I only started to have this issue when I was applying it every night all-over my face. So, what I have started to do is, every other night I apply it all-over my skin, but on the other nights I just spot treat with it. Also, I've started to moisturize more frequently and that helps a lot too.

Either way its still a great product, and I recommend to everyone!!

I used panoxl aquagel 2.5% for years and it worked really well and kept my skin clear. So i stopped using it but my skin broke out again, but this time when i started using it it made by face red raw and it felt burnt, like i had sat in the sun to long.

For some reason i cannot use it now, my skin has become really sensitive. Which is a shame as i am finding it difficult to finding any thing else to help. cry.gif

Ive been using it, and my advice is make sure you don't put too much on when you first start, as it left my skin very dry and flaky the first time, but got better in a couple of weeks. BP doesn't seem to be doing much for me anymore, so I've stopped using it now, but i found it much better than other BP products i had tried, such as the Oxy Cream.

I used panoxl aquagel 2.5% for years and it worked really well and kept my skin clear. So i stopped using it but my skin broke out again, but this time when i started using it it made by face red raw and it felt burnt, like i had sat in the sun to long.

For some reason i cannot use it now,  my skin has become really sensitive. Which is a shame as i am finding it difficult to finding any thing else to help. cry.gif