Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jessie12

Help.. New here w/ a question or two

I just started the regimine about a week ago and see positive results. I have a couple of questions though.

1. I know Dan says not to wear makeup.. not an option for me though. I don't feel like I'm removing all my makeup when I cleanse, which is really gross. I'm trying to be as gentle as possible to not cause irritation. Any suggestions?

2. What can I do to help the giant pores that seem to be more noticeable on my chin, nose, and even forehead?

FYI, I'm using Cetaphil Cleanser, Neutragena on the spot, Neutragena Moisturizer for Combo skin.

Thanks so much!

When I'm washing my face, I actually use handsoap and a washcloth and scrub kinda hard. I tried washing the way Dan does (just using soap and hands really gently) but it didn't seem to clean everything off. So now I just use a wash clot and it doesn't seem to "irritate." Plus it gets off everything of my face - the oil, dirt, old bp gel etc. I feel it opens up my pores more for the bp gel.

Hi there. For a lot of girls, Cetaphil just does not remove makeup. I think it's a great morning cleanser, but you need something better to remove makeup before bed. I use Purpose soap or wash (the one in the pump bottle) at night and it removes makeup well. The soap stings my eyes so you may want to use a separate eye makeup remover.

Wish I could help you about the pore size too.

HTH,

J

I just started the regimine about a week ago and see positive results. I have a couple of questions though.

1. I know Dan says not to wear makeup.. not an option for me though.  I don't feel like I'm removing all my makeup when I cleanse, which is really gross.  I'm trying to be as gentle as possible to not cause irritation. Any suggestions? 

2.  What can I do to help the giant pores that seem to be more noticeable on my chin, nose, and even forehead?

FYI, I'm using Cetaphil Cleanser, Neutragena on the spot, Neutragena Moisturizer for Combo skin.

Thanks so much!

For anyone who uses Purpose foaming wash (in pump bottle) here's a tip...it is EXACTLY the same thing as Johnson's Baby Wash (in a yellow pump bottle, found in baby-care area of the drugstore). I compared the ingredients and not one bit of difference, except that you get way more for your money.

I find that a foaming gel cleanser is better for removing makeup personally. Although foaming agents aren't really doing the cleansing, whatever else is in there just makes the makeup melt off w/out scrubbing and doesn't leave a film, I can't stand the feel of Cetaphil.