Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joe

If you thought Acne was bad, read this...

For those of you who think that having acne is the worst thing that could ever happen to you, think again. I have moderate acne since I was 17 and I have been on Dan's regimen for about half a year now. Yes, Dan's regimen has kept on acne under control. I still get 2-3 zits weekly but thats not my main concern anymore because I have develop a bigger problem with my skin on my face. Eczema. Out of no where, I develop patches of DRY SKIN that itches and turns red. So I went to my dermatologist and he told me I have eczema. I never knew I had eczema at first so when I was using Dan's regimen, I had no clue. As most of you that have done some basic research on Acne, BP tends to make eczema worst because of the drying and etc... So now I have to deal with TWO major problem on my face. Acne + Eczema. Its been a struggle for me to control both skin diseases for the past 6 months. Just imagine. There are times when my acne is under control but my eczema would flare up. Vice versa. I am still using Dan's regimen, but I cant apply too much BP near the areas where I have Eczema or else I will flare up. I have to put Hydrocortisone on areas where I have Eczema but not on places where I get acne because I dont want to clog the pores...

Dan, have you receive any treatments for those who have acne and eczema? If so, please reply.

Joe

Arms are a common place where people get eczema. Infact, 10% of people get eczema but many get it when they're babies. about 2% to 5% get it when they are adults.

I dont think eczema can spread, as long as you treat it right away to keep it under control. Obiviously if you leave it and dont do anything about it, it will worsen, just like any other skin disease.

There is no cure for eczema right now, but it can be kept under control.

If you really want to know if you have eczema, arrange a time with your dermatologist and ask him/her about it. If its not a big concern for you since its on your arm, then go to http://www.eczema.org/ and read about it.

Good luck.

Joe

There is suppose to be some kind of new cure for it... but I forgot the names of it. Go research about it if you want...

im one of those people, I have acne on my chin and nose and eczeema. Not on my face but on my elbow creases, hands, forearms, legs knee creases, feet. It is terrible and it was 10x worse as a kid. IT flares up every winter but now its summe so its not as bad. IT does suck majorly for everyone otu there. THe eczeema creams are soo grooossss and only make it itch worse but at least it keeps it under control, but having acne on top of it does seem unfair. :-/

i've seen a commercial for some new topical prescription to get rid of eczema, i forget the name though. i used to have a patch on my arm but that was when i was like 5 years old.

Hey - I have had both acne & eczema for ages, I started getting flare ups of eczema when I was about 10 and acne started I guess when I was 17 or 18. I have a lot of problems treating the acne because anything that dries out my skin tends to give me eczema which is extremely unpleasant as you probably know. I can't use BP because I am so allergic to it, and most OTC stuff is too harsh for my skin. BP is usually not good for people with eczema. What I use now is Differin and it has been a miracle for my skin, my face looks better than it has in years. First, make sure you wait until the eczema flare up clears up though because anything can make eczema worse. At night I use Marcelle Night Cream which is a fairly heavy cream but Differin really dries my skin out. Then during the day I use Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer.

Aveeno products in general are really good for people with eczema, I have a million of them. Eczema sucks but I've had it for so long, you get used to living in ways that prevent it from happening, because once you have a flare up it's really hard to get rid of it and to resist the urge to rip your skin off it's so itchy. To avoid getting eczema, always use mild soaps like Dove or cleansers that contain no soap or anything drying or harsh. Moisturize obsessively. Don't scratch it. Don't shower or wash more than you need to. And if you do have a flare up, remember to put on your cortizone twice a day every day for about two weeks and then taper it off, otherwise you could rebound.

A good new topical cream is Protopic, but it is an immunomodulator and actually could make your acne worse so I would avoid putting it on your face at all costs. If you get eczema anywhere else, though, it's good because it doesn't cause rebounds like cortizone.