Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I suffer from mild acne..I guess. It started when I was about 14 or 15, I'm now 17 and it's got worse over the years. At first, it was just a small patch between my eyes and the odd pimple on my cheeks or chin. I ate junk food, I rubbed, I scrubbed, I picked, I pecked, and I made it all worse. I had very little/no experiance of how to cope with acne, so can you blame me. redface.gif

Anyway..now, I'm trying to make up for my sins. I have some pimples on my forehead, and hairline, sides of my mouth, my chin (is actually the worst at the moment.) a few pimples on my cheeks, and the sides of my face, and between my eyes..so..everywhere? Don't get my wrong, it's not the really serious stuff. It's just a few pimples here there and everywhere, then throw in a few tons of red-marks, I look horrible. No part of my face is really clear. cry.gif

The last...3-4 weeks, I've really set my mind to clearing it up, even just a little bit. I don't want it to control my life anymore. I want to be able to look people in the eyes when I'm talking to them. I want to be a bit more confident. I want to be able to go out without make-up, and not feel like a ugly freak. sad.gif I know, I know..it's what's on the inside that counts? But, what if I'm a horrible person, eh? shock.gif No one thinks of that. eusa_think.gif Nah, I'm alright, I hope. And I always make myself say "I love you" to my reflection, even on the worst of days. wub.gif I just want that extra bit of confidence, you know? eusa_dance.gif I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. Anyway. The last few weeks, I've tried to improve my diet, more fruit and veg, less junk, what I thought were the right foods, brown bread, pasta, potatos, lots and lots of water (in the form of Green tea, since that much cold water would make me sick, not to mention freezing.) fruit juice, anything else good I could get my hands on. I didn't really know there were foods that flare acne up, I just thought good food was good food. I didn't know there was fruits I shouldn't eat, and white bread and pasta were a no-no. It's really hard getting everything right. sad.gif On my face..well, over the last few days, I've been washing my face with Eucerin (dry/sensitive skin face-wash), followed, in the morning by a gentle scrub using Baking Soda, then, Apple Cider Vinegar, mixed with water, applied to the face and left on for 10 minutes. After that, I moisturise, just anything I can get my hands of, really.. I haven't been wearing make-up recently..

At night, I wash with Eucerin, then apply a egg-white and lemon mask for 15 minutes, wash off, then moisturise. I've heard the mask is good for red-marks.

Yeah..that's me, basically. Oh! PILLS! I've been taking vitamin B6, evening primrose, a multi-vitamin, zinc pill, zinc and vitamin C tablet. I've taken Pantothenic Acid, but I ran out the other day, and haven't had the chance to re-stock (we live a long way from any towns/cities, and my parents are rowing a lot recently, I don't dare ask them.) Yeah, when I next get out, I'm going to buy some more, because I've heard it's affective, also, I'm going to TRY and purchase some Benzoyl Peroxide gel/cream. Would the two be okay together, along with a healthy enough diet and lots of water? eusa_think.gif PLEASE HELP. I'll take any advice you guys have..I'm new at this, and it's really hard choosing the right things over the fads. I don't want to do anything too extreme, the healthy way has worked for me in the past with other ailments, and I have faith in it.

ANYONE WHO TOOK THE TIME OUT TO READ THIS. THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH. Any advice would mean the world to me.

I've just done a 3 day detox..trying to clear myself, mostly fruit juice, lemon and water, and Green tea.. eusa_pray.gif Please let it help me on my way to clear skin..

Please give me advice you have on my routine...Please?