Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So today all of a sudden my arms felt like as if they were on fire. I mean they were really burning. So I looked and I noticed I have a bad rash on my arms. The skin is kinda red a little and it doesn't really look like a rash. I mean no bumps. I have these painful patches that are a little red, feel like fire to the touch and looks more like a burn, and it looks as if I scratched them except I haven't even scratched there at all. This is the best I can describe it. AHHH what is this rash? Am I allergic to accutane? Its only on my arms. Could it be from drinking alcohol. I only had a low alcohol martini a few days ago. Also I went on vacation and though I applied lotion every day I did get a little tanned. Could it be from the sunlight? But then again I got a little tanned on my legs and everywhere else so why no rash there? ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED! This rash worries me, especially because its so painful.

So today all of a sudden my arms felt like as if they were on fire. I mean they were really burning. So I looked and I noticed I have a bad rash on my arms. The skin is kinda red a little and it doesn't really look like a rash. I mean no bumps. I have these painful patches that are a little red, feel like fire to the touch and looks more like a burn, and it looks as if I scratched them except I haven't even scratched there at all. This is the best I can describe it. AHHH what is this rash? Am I allergic to accutane? Its only on my arms. Could it be from drinking alcohol. I only had a low alcohol martini a few days ago. Also I went on vacation and though I applied lotion every day I did get a little tanned. Could it be from the sunlight? But then again I got a little tanned on my legs and everywhere else so why no rash there? ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED! This rash worries me, especially because its so painful.

You're welcome! smile.gif I was scared too when I got those, though it wasn't THAT painful. I got a really bad eczema today though sad.gif

cool you just described what i have...its because i scratched...so dont scratch

i cant describe either it looks like a rash but redder right?

it's called Accutane Eczema, with which I'm constantly having to deal. Cortisone cream is the best solution for this, but it's not a long term solution as it is advised not to continue using it for more than 2 weeks. It's said that your body may become dependent on the cream and go haywire... biggrin.gif

Try moisturizing more thouroughly.

Guest Craigems

yeh i got eczema on my joints of arms also. I just moisturise heaps and try not to scratch. They go after a while as long as you remember to moisturise and not scratch.

I was getting the rashes pretty bad too. Now I don't know if my skin has adjusted to the accutane. But lately, it seems to have stopped. That's good. My neck has recently started to dry up though. Hopefully I won't get the rash there, it would be kinda hard to hide....lol

Ah well, as long as this stuff work for me in the end, it's all worth it.

I would use a cortizone cream on the worst spots for a couple weeks until they heal, especially before you go to bed - i remember having rashes like this on Accutane and woke up bleeding from scratching in my sleep! Then get a good lotion for sensitive skin (the Aveeno oatmeal based ones are very soothing and absorb quickly, and don't have extra dyes and perfumes tha could further irritate your skin) and apply it frequently, especially right after showering or bathing. And don't take really hot showers or baths, that dries you out even worse, stick with water that is just warm. If it's possible, take your lotion with you (much easier for women with purses) and apply it whenever you begin to feel dry and hopefully before you get too itchy!

I think any cream for extremely dry hands will do. I had a VERY bad and red eczema last week. I just put this Neutrogena Hand Cream on and in the morning my hands were covered in brown healing dots..

aka.. the pain was gone and it healed really fast.