Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thebignosebandit

What Age Is The BEST Time Of Your Life?

Everyone says "The best times of my life was highschool" or they say "The best years of my life was college."

Who else feels like these were some of the most troubled times of your life? Especially those of us who had acne. Upon adolescence, i was naturally a shy, sheltered kid, but to top it off, acne messed up my social life even more. Then, with college, it is just the same. Now don't get me wrong i have had some fun, fun, crazy, wild, nights during those years, but i still feel like they are empty.

Honestly, i can say that the best times of my life was my childhood, from around the age of 9-12. It was this time that i was the most happiest, care free, just enjoying life.

Also, is 20 years old too old to see the best years? Have the best years gone by already? I'm terrified that now i'm 20 life just goes downhill from here? Help me out guys.

I think the best time of life is probably childhood. Elementary school age would be best. You haven't hit puberty and you don't know how the world works yet. Everybody is equal, or close to it then. There's nothing really going though your minds but to have fun. You don't have to work, worry about homework, have any responsibilities, it's all about fun.

Guest WhyGOD111
Everyone says "The best times of my life was highschool" or they say "The best years of my life was college."

Who else feels like these were some of the most troubled times of your life? Especially those of us who had acne. Upon adolescence, i was naturally a shy, sheltered kid, but to top it off, acne messed up my social life even more. Then, with college, it is just the same. Now don't get me wrong i have had some fun, fun, crazy, wild, nights during those years, but i still feel like they are empty.

Honestly, i can say that the best times of my life was my childhood, from around the age of 9-12. It was this time that i was the most happiest, care free, just enjoying life.

Also, is 20 years old too old to see the best years? Have the best years gone by already? I'm terrified that now i'm 20 life just goes downhill from here? Help me out guys.

My life hasnt been that bad except for the acne but I think the best time of my life would be when I marry my boyfriend.

So far, my childhood years age 6-8. I moved to New York, had all these amazing new experiences, I was friends with just about everyone in my class (and everyone was friends with everyone else), we had exciting sleepovers and birthday parties (I had about twenty five people at my parties back then, now if I had a party which I haven't for years, I would only have about two people to invite. But most of all, no one cared about their appearances at all. I just can't imagine now, how blissful it must have been to never once have thought about the way I looked but just enjoyed life instead.

But remember, you never know whats ahead of you. I often think of the Bridges of Madison County. Two people, old, lonely, weathered, wrinkly, boring stale lives that weren't really going anywhere and thinking that all the romance and excitement was behind them, and then look what happened, they had the time of their lives.

Guest Captain Chaos

I would have to say when I was in 6th form college (16-18) I found I could get away with not doing a lot and just having a good laugh with my friends, I had just learned to drive too which made the whole world open to adventure. I miss those times

I have fun now too, but not as much of it unfortunately, ever since I started university I found I had to take work a LOT more seriously and spend more time on it, even more so now I'm a postgrad. I try not to dwell on the old times too much though.

I think it's important to remember the past always seems better than the present, all of us tend to look upon the past with a romanticised view of things.

Guest Amy Lee

I was never happy with life.

definateley when i was a kid.....no exams, an acne, nothing to worry about exept that i might not be able to buy sweeties the next day...

My favourite age was 19 which was ironic cos my skin was a lot worse then than it is now, but for some reason it bothers me more now, perhaps cos it wears you down over the years? But I was always going out at 19, and I had a good social life. I'd like to think the best years are still to come though wink.gif