Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThatGuy16

Ever feel like you've accomplished nothing in life

I mean, I honestly think I stress this WAY too much. Im in high school right now, currently 11th grade, and when I look back on things, Its like I haven't done anything.

Nothing to look back on, no memories. It's almost like I stress so much about it, that I can't even enjoy school anymore. Next year is my last year, and it's like If I dont take a risk next year, then I will have nothing to look back on, thats why I want to try my hardest to make it the best year for me ever.

I mean, my friends and stuff always tell me that I have alot to look back on, Im involved in theatre, cross country, track and field, I usually participate in students helping students, and music is my LIFE!! I constantly work on music everyday after school, so its ilke when you look at it, I guess im not that bad, but for some reason, im not content with it.

I try so hard to everything that I dont know where to start.

Anyways, you guys ever feel like youve accomplished nothing in life or in general?

Guest Shjaker

I understand completely. Sometimes I feel like life is just sifting through my fingers and I'm doing nothing to stop it. My idea of "life" though is myself and anything that's apart of me, so missing out on a trip to say the Bahamas isn't "living the unlived life." I mean more letting myself go downhill and losing the ambitions that once were pretty abundant.

I can say though that if my life hadn't gone the way we all try to invision it I wouldn't have met some amazing people, or felt real true love [which is still on-going and byfar the most uplifting thing that has and will ever happen to me] so it was 'worth it' to an extent up to there.

But now I'm just making excuses.

I'm seriously slipping.. I can read an inspirational book and be like "wow! I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning and DO something GREAT!" then I get up and am like "what crack was I on last night"

When I'm outside in the sun I feel a lot better though. It really isn't healthy to stay cooped up indoors. I guess that's some of our problems here.

I would feel out of place being out and about right now anyway. It's just not possible comfortably when you're self esteem is cruising on low and you've lost the zest for life. Anyway.. I need to have some serious me time

real life started for me in college; it's hard to have much of a life with your parents around you every day.

Guest Shjaker
real life started for me in college; it's hard to have much of a life with your parents around you every day.

I know exactly what you mean. I was thinking about it today, when I had to write a paper for my lit. class. We had to write about something we've accomplished that we're notproud of (stupid assignment) and I realized that I haven't even accomplished something that I am proud of. I felt like no matter how hard I tried to figure out something I've accomplished, I always came up blank

Anyway maybe I'll try to accomplish something this week, probably won't happen though

I'm in the exact same situation myself, same grade even.

I've been thinking about an essay I read on the AP Language test I took yesterday. It was basically a philosopher talking about accomplishers and dreamers.

At one point he said that it is perhaps better to be a dreamer, because dreaming and planning is most of the fun. Actually going out and accomplishing things (or trying to) often ends up being unsatisfying. Those who only dream of doing great things get all the excitement of planning and thinking over it, but none of the letdown of actually doing it and realizing it wasn't so great after all.

Kind of a downtrodden view on things, but I think it might hold some truth actually. I remember for a long time I was desperate for a girlfriend or someone to care about, when I found one it ended up being a horrible experience I would undo if possible. I really did enjoy merely thinking about it more then the actuality of doing it. Not all things might end like this, but a lot of them will. Makes you think.

Guys teh bes tthign u can do is get a hobby. I play guitar. Im am known school wide for my guitar skills.

I love doign it and it gives me reckognition. I can look back 10 years form now and say " i was one of teh best guitarist in my school"

It boosts self esteem and keeps the bullies away. (Its either that i schooled all the bullies at guitar or i just grrew to be taller anbd bigger than them) lol

ask the people around you about what you have accomplished; they are more likely to notice things than you are, especially if you're a perfectionist. Give yourself "reality checks." When I feel like my life is meaningless, I go, wait a second, I've done this, this, this and this, and that's more than most people do.

i was just made moderator of a website yesterday

that was an accomplishment of sorts

I feel you so much. I am actually in college, and i feel like life is just passing me by and im sitting on the curb watching it float away.

Don't get me wrong, i've had my share of fun nights, nights i won't remember, a few girls here and there that i've spent intimate minutes with, but i still feel like i have nothing to show for myself.

I have never found true love. I have had a few relationships, however the longest one lasted about 3 months. I'm too much of a sheltered, living in my own bubble person, that even when i find a great girl that really loves me, i tend to stay in my bubble and things don't work out. I've always been like that. Ever since i was a little kid.

At parties, im never the happy drunk. Alcohol tends to bring all the negative things back up instead of washing them away. I see the cut half empty, not half full. I can't help it, thats just who i am.

I can't help it. It's sad to see that i don't know what makes me truly happy. I'm still searching for that and i'm already in college.

When i get like this, i guess the best thing i can do for myself i think of all the good things like my family, they have always been there for me, my few really good friends even when they have done shady things, those people are what makes up my life.

I still wish i could have done so much more with the years i have been put on this planet, but oh well, i can only move forward and make the most of what life is.

lol your lucky man, ive never been in ONE relationship...

the only girls that like me are the ugly pigs (no offense but its true)

I totally know what bignosebandit means.. I have only had one proper relationship, which I ruined with my insecurities and fuck ups.. *sigh*.. But wasting your life?.. I don't believe anyone wastes their life exactly.. you can do whatever you want with it.. thing is people are too scared/messed up/depressed to try.. including me sad.gif

Just after I graduated high school, I had the hardest time writing up my first resume because I really didn't have anything. The only things worth noting at the time were a) VFX director for amateur film and b) school club exec. My only work experience was designing 2 or 3 websites for companies. And only a few math awards but they weren't national ones.

Yeah, my resume sucked back then. Nowadays I've learned to embellish. I still wish I have more leadership / business stuff on it. Only during my first job did I have anything like that, and it's been embellished so much that you'd think I was a key member of the business development team. I haven't tried this particular resume to look for a job yet.

Guest one_day

The last year for me have been a complete waste. Nothing at all has happened. Just the same mundane day, everyday. Nothing to look back on at all. Actually i got one significant memory when i tried to pop a zit and the blood landed on the mirror. Gooood times....

But na seriously ive definitly got a lot to look back on before all this. All the cool times i had with my ex gfs, my friends (before i lost them). Just chilling having a good time, smoking weed, getting drunk. Now those were good times.

School was a great time. Id love to get a time machine and live those years again. Got so many memories of just being a rebel which i do regret a bit now but at least i can look back and say i had fun.

I also remember winning the 800m race in school once. Damn i wish someone recorded that on a camcorder or something so i can look back on it properrly, coz the way i won it was amazing. I was second last with a lap to go and as soon as the bell rang (the bell triggered some kind of reaction to my brain to sprint or something lol) i just sprinted like crazy and went all the way up too 1st. Everyone was like 'wtf, how he do that' I remember hearing the whole grade cheering when i went fast mode. That was some pretty warrior sh1t by me there.

I reminisce about my past far too much.

I don't feel this way, because I work with disabled kids and I see what a difference a little caring can make. Honestly, I you haven't done anything (or think you haven't) its your own fault, because even in the most modest circumstances there are oppertunities to make your own life and other people's lives better.