Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
music

Duac Differin Doxycycline

my derm just gave me a prescription to these 3 Duac, Differin, and Doxycycline I have to put duac on my face in the morning and also take one 100mg pill of doxycycline and then at night take another doxycycline pill and also put 0.1 differin on what do you guys think

has any one had any experience with those prescriptions. do you guys think it will do a good job clearing me up post all your opinions please

I'm on a similar regimen. I'm on Evoclin (topical antibiotic), Tazorac, and Minocycline. I've been on it for 2 months and it has been AMAZING! My skin looks great. I really saw great improvement after the first month. Good luck.

hey...like your name "music" cool.gif

I took both doxy (100mg twice a day) and duac with minimal results. Iwas also taking Retin-A Micro at the time. I will say that they kept my acne under control, but they did not stop it. I asked my derm how much longer I would have to be on doxy (I had already been on it for almost 5 months) and he said for years to come. I couldn't believe it....that's when I decided to go ahead with Accutane. And that's where I am today...

I was on a similar regimen once, duac and differin once a day. The duac kills active acne pretty quick. The differin on the other hand takes a while to kick in and prevent acne formation. You could find yourself pretty irritated the first month of use though.

I think Duac is similar to what i am using. My mate sed it takes about a month to notice significant changes so stick with it. And my doctor put me on 50mg of doxycycline...seems a bit low, but ill see how it goes,been on doxy for 2 weeks and the gel stuff for 1 week,,,not really a significant improvement so far but im goin to giv it a shot my log is called 'Jaime's Log' in the personal regimens section if u want to track my progress...

Cya

has any one had any experience with those prescriptions. do you guys think it will do a good job clearing me up post all your opinions please

I was on a similar regimen once, duac and differin once a day. The duac kills active acne pretty quick. The differin on the other hand takes a while to kick in and prevent acne formation. You could find yourself pretty irritated the first month of use though.

[/quote

do u know whether or not duac helps get rid of inflammation because i have it pretty bad and it would be great if somebody knew!!