Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lickyl

St Ives blemish control scrub

Hi

I was recently slated for using this as scrubs are supposedly really bad for your skin so I just want to clear this up. I don't have any more active acne but do have a lot of blemishes and a generally poor complexion. I've been using this every morning for the past week and my skin has been looking a lot brighter and softer. I've only been using the tiniest amount and washing VERY gently - is this wrong? And has anyone else been having success with this product?

I don't use them on my cheeks, but I use it on my chin and forehead and nose becuase that's where i do occasionally rbeakout. I used to use it before I had ance and loved it. If you use retina or tazorac then don't use st. ives.

lol ndmgal i use retin-a micro and i also use st ives medicated apricot scrub.

At first my skin is a bit sensative but than after a little while it feels fine.

I love it too. It makes my skin very smooth

I've been wanting to try this because everywhere ive seen good reviews on this. has it made a difference in your sking? red marks and does it really help your breakouts?

Exfoliation has made a believer out of me. My skin is softer, smoother, and healthier since I've been using St. Ives Apricot Scrub (gentle, sensitive skin). Overall it's been a big plus to my skin concerning appearance and maintenance.

Its totally helped me!! Without it, my marks leftover from BP would take a hell of a lot longer to disapear.

I think the term "scrub" is what throws ppl off. It has such a rough sound to the word. But it really doesn't have to be that way. You have the ability to control how gentle or how strong you'd like it to be. Of course you don't want to be too aggressive with it...so everything should be fine.

Also, for people who think St. Ives is too grainy and not gentle enough, I highly suggest you try a scrub made by Got2B. It has papaya in it, as well as apricot and tea tree oil. I love this stuff!! I use it every morning!!

maybe this is far-fetched, but I believe exfoliation is what has got me this far with my skin. I think one of my problems is that my skin isn't shedding at the rate of a "normal" or healthy persons skin. So, in result my pores were getting clogged up. By exfoliating, I think I'm helping remove the unwanted skin before it can collect and clog my pores.

Like I said, far-fetched...but it's just a theory.

I think it's just a coincidence that my skin is now all of a sudden clearing up really well since I started gently exfoliating 1-2 times per day.

Its totally helped me!! Without it, my marks leftover from BP would take a hell of a lot longer to disapear.

I think the term "scrub" is what throws ppl off. It has such a rough sound to the word. But it really doesn't have to be that way. You have the ability to control how gentle or how strong you'd like it to be. Of course you don't want to be too aggressive with it...so everything should be fine.

Also, for people who think St. Ives is too grainy and not gentle enough, I highly suggest you try a scrub made by Got2B. It has papaya in it, as well as apricot and tea tree oil. I love this stuff!! I use it every morning!!

maybe this is far-fetched, but I believe exfoliation is what has got me this far with my skin. I think one of my problems is that my skin isn't shedding at the rate of a "normal" or healthy persons skin. So, in result my pores were getting clogged up. By exfoliating, I think I'm helping remove the unwanted skin before it can collect and clog my pores.

Like I said, far-fetched...but it's just a theory.

I think it's just a coincidence that my skin is now all of a sudden clearing up really well since I started gently exfoliating 1-2 times per day.

YEY!! People who don't shout at me for using St Ives!!!!  eusa_dance.gif It's not the demon scrub everyone thinks it is!! I really do believe it has helped calm my red marks down a bit (mind you it has only been a week!!) Also I don't have really bad acne but I do have a really bad complexion (lumps,bumps,red marks,blotchy skin,lines,pores the size of dinner plates...etc etc!! eusa_boohoo.gif ) exfoliation is supposed to be good for you isn't it?? Removing dead skin cells and all that?  Also the best thinkg is that is is 85% natural and I think putting harsh chemicals on your skin is the biggest mistake EVER!!!

I know!! I always feel like I'm being shouted at over the internet when I admit to using a scrub.  Plus, I don't feel I get maximum benefits out of using a product like GA.  On top of that, it costs me a ridiculous amount of money. And my damn Neostrata product clogs my pores!!

Its helped me a lot too with my red marks, and I'm going to continue to use my scrubs for a long time, so tongue.gif .....to all scrub haters!

Hi

I was recently slated for using this as scrubs are supposedly really bad for your skin so I just want to clear this up. I don't have any more active acne but do have a lot of blemishes and a generally poor complexion. I've been using this every morning for the past week and my skin has been looking a lot brighter and softer. I've only been using the tiniest amount and washing VERY gently - is this wrong? And has anyone else been having success with this product?

I use the on ewith salylic acid in it and ive noticed my skin isn't so oily. Exfoliating is one of the biggest things to get rid of acne, cause it gets rid of the dead skin cells. I can't use it with retina cause the one time I burnt my skin and it took a week to heal.

Lol i think im the only person here who would ever use retin-a mciro 0.1% after exfoliation lol

if u have occasional pimples and brownish/reddish spots which st. ives should u use? it seems like they are all doing the same thing radiance, blah blah....

I'm using Nivea For Men's Energising Face Scrub, would this help fade red marks too?

And how come all of you are using scrubs everyday? I thought we should only use it once in 2-3 days? My Nivea says once or twice a week. Wont over using strip the top layer of the skin and result in long term damage?

I stop using cleansers for my face. But St Ives is mighty impressive. I loved it.