Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest Amy Lee

Alcohol made my skin very red, and if you have acne that are alive, or even red marks, it will make it more bloody red. Scary...

Yeah i know it makes you go more red, but what i want to know is say i go drinking tonite say, and then get a bad outbreak in two or three days are the two linked?

Guest Amy Lee

I didn't breakout more from alcohol, it only made my red marks more bloody obvious, so disgusting.

Alcohol has never adversly affected my skin in any way, in fact when I was younger (around 18/19) my skin was normally clearer after a drinking session smile.gif

Guest <*>
Alcohol has never adversly affected my skin in any way, in fact when I was younger (around 18/19) my skin was normally clearer after a drinking session  smile.gif

i think there is a link for somepeople. since the cause of everyone acne is different and blah blah. but i think if ur liver is affecting ur acne alcohol definitely will make u break out. i know that when i drink i get a breakout a couple days later...sometimes its really bad...especially one time when my skin was ssso clear, and i went drinking.. i woke up to a HORRIBLE breakout.. and i thought that i was finnaly getting immune to breakouts cuz i hadnt had one in 3 weeks... but then i hadnt drank for 3 weeks either..hhhmm.. it sucks.. but i dont wanna stop drinking!and i find that my zits are more noticable when i drink.. is it the alcohol affecting my vision.. or is it the alcohol affecting my skin.... wacko.gif

I heard that the reason people turn red from drinking is because they are allergic to alcohol. Supposedly like 70-80% of people are allergic to alcohol.

disregard my last post, I did a little google research and found this:

Flushing is not an allergic reaction

Some patients will experience intense facial flushing after having even small amounts of alcohol. These symptoms are most common in those with an oriental / Asian background. Other side-effects include fluttering of the heart (palpitations, tachycardia), sensation of heat, headache, abdominal discomfort or a drop in blood pressure (hypotension) are related to high blood acetaldehyde levels. Patients with these problems appear to be partially deficient in aldehyde dehydrogenase, resulting in high levels of accumulated acetaldehyde.

Other conditions may also trigger flushing

Not all flushing is due to alcohol. Similar flushing reactions can occur in patients with rosacea, the menopause, hypoglycaemia, pancreatic tumours, and some medication such as metronidazole, nitrofurantoin and, sulphonamides, chlorpropamide, and some cephalosporins.

I found something that might be of interest to you and is more on the topic of; is alcohol bad?

Drugs and alcohol are also culprits in causing acne. When the body cleans itself, it sends drugs and alcohol out through the skin, through sweat. Then the pores clog: clogged pores are one of the reasons for acne. The skin pores become clogged and oils and dirt become trapped. They then become infected, which is what we call pimples, whiteheads and blackheads.

I ALWAYS..get pimples after i drink..i hate it...i dunno anyone else like that

i was told it was the sugar in drinks

so im gonna try a drink with no sugar

i always feel that my face is clearer after a night or a few nights or a week on the piss. Alhough i ussually sleep at my mates house when i drink... if that could have some adverse affect... maybe my bed is just dirty (well, i know it is diiiirty, but could be dirty lol.gif )

Maybe you guys get zits when you drink because you're not washing your face before you sleep (or showering)

DRINK LOTS OF WATER you guys are just dehydrating yourselves when you drink

So Drink water before bed and when you wake up as well as shower before bed and you should be good to go (A+++ partier here and will break out if I don't shower too smile.gif)

Alcohol has never adversly affected my skin in any way, in fact when I was younger (around 18/19) my skin was normally clearer after a drinking session  smile.gif

Alcohol has never affected my skin. When I was clear several years ago, I would go out drinking hard and still have lovely smooth normal tone coloured skin the next day. If I drink now my skin is exactly the same as the night before, unfortunately sad.gif