Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BoALover

2x a day with 10% too much?

hey, well i just started using bp products ..

I'm currently using 5% bp face wash then i put on 10% bp gel. I do this twice day.

And so far i'm on day 3 and i have noticed improvments but i'm getting MAJOR REDNESS !! like i've just been burnt by the sun or something... i havent had tht much dryness but the redness is killin me ><

So i was wondering if i only applied bp gel once day instead of twice would it reduce the redness? or would it just be bout the same?

hey, well i just started using bp products ..

I'm currently using 5% bp face face then i put on 10% bp gel. I do this twice  day.

And so far i'm on day 3 and i have noticed improvments but i'm getting MAJOR REDNESS !! like i've just been burnt by the sun or something... i havent had tht much dryness but the redness is killin me ><

So i was wondering if i only applied bp gel once day instead of twice would it reduce the redness? or would it just be bout the same?

I see, why would a 10% bp gel exsist if it were equal to 2.5% ?.?

yeah iam using moisturiser after i apply bp.

I was wondering, if i just continue what i'm doing would the redness eventually reduce? or would it actually get worse?

Did you build up the 10% BP or start with a lot on day 1? If you're just starting with BP, you definitely need to start with a little bit and build up. Also, you may want to just try a tube of Dan's 2.5% BP gel. I used to use 10% Clearasil and so far I like Dan's better. I can use it on my whole face and I have none to near none irritation. You can get it at acnesupplies.com.

I've used 10% before. On the box it reccomends using 2 or 3 times a day. That's nuts! Only use it that much if you are trying to look like a tomato. I found that once a day was adequate, but I reccomend a lower concentration all together.

twice a day is def too much! especially if your skin is gettin red.

When i first used it i put it on way 2 much in about the first week, like quite thickly an twice a day, and my skin went all red and peely, like sun burn, and it really hurt! i would stop putting on the areas which are red and let them recover a bit

I see, I just thought if i got the strongest one it'll heal my acne faster tongue.gif

I guess not .. i think i'll switch to 2.5% then.

So are you guys saying that if i switch to 2.5% there will be almost no redness at all?

also can someone help me answer my pervious question which was, if i continued to do what i'm doing, would the redness eventually reduce? or will it only get worse?