Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi

I've been reading alot about baking soda being used as an exfoliator. I want to try it but I don't want my skin to become dry? Has anyone used it? Does ur skin dry out as a result?

I tried it out...I was mixing it with my gentle cleanser. I could only handle it for like a week, and then i had to stop because it became to much for me. I don't have sensitive skin, but I just found it irritating. Plus, I don't think its that great of an exfoliator.

Just try it, and then follow up with some acv to balance out the PH....you may get really good results....

I tried it out...I was mixing it with my gentle cleanser. I could only handle it for like a week, and then i had to stop because it became to much for me. I don't have sensitive skin, but I just found it irritating. Plus, I don't think its that great of an exfoliator.

Just try it, and then follow up with some acv to balance out the PH....you may get really good results....

Hi

I've been reading alot about baking soda being used as an exfoliator.  I want to try it but I don't want my skin to become dry?  Has anyone used it? Does ur skin dry out as a result?

hey! I actually raelly like the baking soda and ACV method. Esp. the baking soda, it was great as a scrub/exfoliant. BUT, I am now on accutane (day 21) so, I've stopped coz my face is much too fragile right now. hahaha. But yeah, try it out! It might work well, as it has for many of us!  biggrin.gif

I tried the baking soda/asv routine and it sooooo dried out my skin.  The jojoba oil hasn't even helped.  I feel like a snake.  So needless to say.  I'm not using this routine anymore.  I guess my skin is ultra sensative.  I'm just hoping I can get rid of the dryness soon.  If it's not the acne, it the scars and now the dryness.  When will it ever end eusa_wall.gif

Tell me about it....it's depressing as HELL. do you have scars or red marks only? I have awful scars on my face.  cry.gif  cry.gif and of course, lots of red marks.  hopefully accutane will stop me from getting cystic acne, so hopefully the scars that i have right now will be the only ones...

I honestly dont know wats worse, having zits or having scars. I was getting a haircut yesterday and there was alot of natural lighting at supercuts and I looked in the mirror after I got a haircut and my face looked so f***** scary....especailly with tons of little hairs all over my face......and the haircut was crappy looking too.

In my opinion I would rather have small pimples then scars. THey are soooo hard to cover up and in the sun they look even worse

What do you guys mean balance the PH? My skin recently broke out and I'm trying baking soda now.. It has the best ratings of all the homeopathic things on this site. Not to mention i saw a show the other day about how baking soda is the best thing for acne. My skin is clearing up again fast and healing. I just don't understand about the whole PH thing. Also has anyone left the baking soda on there face all night. I read that it works well, but im worried that all night might actually irritate the skin? A reply would be great!

I use it int he shower..i mix it with cetaphil..i swear cetaphil + baking soda = match made in heaven! Its meant to go together..cetaphil is very gentle and adding baking soda gives it a kick. But it does dry out my skin a bit, the first tiem i used it it gave me a harcore breakout..but then the next day it really swelled down like nothing happend. U just gotta be careful, use moisturizer afterwards! Now im lowering it down to 2-3 times a week cos it really helps with my scars right now. Im using something else in the shower from now on, it really helps! `Burtsbees tomato soap

I only read the first post, but to answer your question :

It is best if you use Baking Soda with some kind of acid.

Since Baking Soda is basic, you need something acidic to neutralize it. The most popular one is Baking Soda & Apple Cider Vinegar. Try it if you want wink.gif

I use it occasionally to brighten up my skin in the morning, I also mix it with my cleanser. I think its too much for everyday though.

I use it occasionally to brighten up my skin in the morning, I also mix it with my cleanser. I think its too much for everyday though.

so i would make a paste with this than wash it off? i wear foundation will it take my makeup off too cause i dont need a makeupy paste on my face lol.than i am suppose to wipe my face with acv or what i use acv at night after my makeup just to get extra crap off than i leave it no at night.Been doing it for a month it works well.

I just started trying to use baking soda and it leaves my skin all smooth after I'm done. Try using it with cetaphil or spectro-jel instead of water. I can never get it pasty with water mad.gif and it it's a lot quicker doing it one time then having to wash your face first then using baking soda.

I always follow up with ACV, leave it on for 10 min, rinse, apply BP, then mosturize.

There's a regiem on this fourm that uses baking soda in it. I'll try and find the link again. I'll post it here when I find it smile.gif

They have liquid baking soda? eusa_eh.gif

I think you wanna just use the baking soda in powder form, cause you want it to get pasty.