Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
puma

Should I Start?

eusa_think.gif Hi im new to the website and have been reading up on this treatment. I am 17 years old (got acne when turned 13) and have moderate slightly severe acne with mild scaring. I have tried tons of treatments ex: neutyogena astringent, sulfacite r lotion, benzomycian gel that u need to keep cold, blue light therapy (over 600 dollars worth), cant think of any more but ive tried thousands and nothing seems to impress me. so i started looking it up.

Should i try this treatment? Will it work?

Hello,

Have you ever tried benzoyl peroxide products before like Clearasil, Oxy, Neutrogena, ect? If those products had helped clear up your skin (but not totally) I would recommend you try Dan's regimen for a more effective way using the same active ingredients.

If you have tried those over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide products but they didn't do much for you, then maybe Dan's regimen isn't what you're looking for. If you have never tried BP, I'd recommend it. The regimen only costs about $30-$40 with all the products he suggests you to buy, so wha'dya have to lose?

For me personally, I guess my acne is mild-moderate. I've had it ever since I can I remember (my memory doesn't last long) smile.gif Like Dan, BP products like Clearasil worked the best for me but it never completely wiped it out. I've been on the regime a week now but I've def noticed a difference. The only thing I have to warn you is (based on my 1-week experience):

1- the BP burns when you put it on. Ignore it. Don't wash it off. This burning sensation will last less than 5 min.

2- your skin will flake like crazy due to the amount of BP you applied. Sometimes you put moisturizer on in the morning and two hours later you're skin is made up of a million pieces (flaking). It can be embarassing when you're talking to someone and you don't know this, but it gets better. This is only for the first few days, until your skin gets used to it, thank god.

If this works for you, then it's the best thing ever. Right now, my skin looks good even though it's that special time of the month for me (sorry, you didn't need to know that), but I'm not breaking out like I usually do. I might even get rid of my bangs. I've had bangs forever because I'm so conscious of the acne in my forehead, which is my biggest problem area.

Hope everything works out for you. If you don't see anything at first, try give it at least 2 weeks. I can't guarantee success because what works for one might not for another. Just hang on in there, buddy!

eusa_think.gif Hi im new to the website and have been reading up on this treatment. I am 17 years old (got acne when turned 13) and have moderate slightly severe acne with mild scaring. I have tried tons of treatments ex: neutyogena astringent, sulfacite r lotion, benzomycian gel that u need to keep cold, blue light therapy (over 600 dollars worth), cant think of any more but ive tried thousands and nothing seems to impress me. so i started looking it up.

Yea ive done chemical peals and stuff and my face is just irratated for like 5 hrs aslo after blue light therapy my face is sunburnt and i cant go outside for 24hrs after like a week i start breaking out again. usually after a shower in the morning i have very dry skin too.

But is there a difference between the BP Gel treatment and the Proactive one??

I think Dan's regimen and Proactive are basically the same thing (both use 2.5% benzoyl peroxide as active ingredient). I've never used Proactive but I've heard this one is better b/c it's unscented and Proactive is scented. Also, you get more bang for your buck using Dan's regime.