Notifications
Clear all

getting piercings while on accutane?

MemberMember
(@cowboychris)

Posted : 05/02/2005 12:37 pm

Is it okay to get ear piercings while on accutane?

MemberMember
(@newera)

Posted : 05/02/2005 12:41 pm

I need to know this also.

MemberMember
(@unluckyguy)

Posted : 05/02/2005 12:56 pm

Yes, it is.

Can do, go for it.

Only thing that cannot be done is surgical procedures like dermabrasion since it will risk the growth of keloids while on tane, but piercing involves complete removal of the tissue so it should be ok.

MemberMember
(@turnergirl)

Posted : 05/02/2005 12:59 pm

yeah i have had 2 peircings while on 'tane they have been fine one was the top of my ear so it should be ok

MemberMember
(@cowboychris)

Posted : 05/02/2005 1:48 pm

So it doesnt impair healing?

Thanks a lot guys!

MemberMember
(@1-s0uljah)

Posted : 05/02/2005 3:26 pm

skin healing will probably be slowed down.. but i wouldnt worry too much about ear piercings..

MemberMember
(@cowboychris)

Posted : 05/02/2005 9:58 pm

yeah i have had 2 peircings while on 'tane they have been fine one was the top of my ear so it should be ok

MemberMember
(@michael66)

Posted : 05/03/2005 2:37 pm

But will the piercing grow back (ie if I decide to take it out), having done it while on accutrane?

MemberMember
(@lexilex)

Posted : 05/03/2005 9:58 pm

i got my nose (re) pierced. all's good.

MemberMember
(@hikari128)

Posted : 05/03/2005 10:02 pm

aah~ i want to get my tongue pierced.

=T

MemberMember
(@red_butterfly)

Posted : 05/03/2005 10:04 pm

aah~ i want to get my tongue pierced.

=T

MemberMember
(@red_butterfly)

Posted : 05/17/2005 4:17 am

guys - question:

i'm new to piercings....how much does it cost? and is there anything i should know before i get one?

MemberMember
(@beentheredonethat)

Posted : 05/17/2005 8:29 am

Your healing response is slowed while on Accutane and scarring is increased, so it's something you really ought to wait for, but as you can see, lots of people pull it off. Some of this depends on the location of the piercing you want, and some on the skill of the piercer.

I would personally not get a cartilage piercing while on Accutane since those are the hardest to heal due to low blood flow, or any of the hard to heal piercings like navel, or anything surface-to-surface. (Obviously some people manage to heal these while on Accutane, but i would wait.) Someplace like the tongue should be fine. Just be extra careful with your cleaning regimen to avoid infection. And a word of caution about tongue piercings - your dentist will hate you! I wore one for about ten years and wore a nice circular groove where my front teeth meet, both top and bottom, because i was unconsciously biting it. Once it heals - take it out at night. Be aware that they can also give you headaches if the top bead rests on a sensitive spot on the roof of the mouth.

Make sure your piercer autoclaves the instruments between uses, and your needle should be fresh and never used on anyone before - it should be removed from the packaging in your sight.

MemberMember
(@gillen24)

Posted : 12/05/2021 1:07 pm

can you get your belly button pierced on accutane??