Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxredlipstickxx

burning, swollen eyelids!

Hey i recently started the regimen, and my skins been alright, burns a bit but goes after half an hour. But some how, even though i keep my quinoderm cream away from my eyes and wash my hands after using it, my eyelids and under my eyes end up stinging and today swelled up. It might be the face wash i'm using, it's a clearasil one, but then again it might be the quinoderm cream.

Anyone have any advice? I don't want to stop with the regime cus it's goin well, but i may have to..

Hey i recently started the regimen, and my skins been alright, burns a bit but goes after half an hour. But some how, even though i keep my quinoderm cream away from my eyes and wash my hands after using it, my eyelids and under my eyes end up stinging and today swelled up. It might be the face wash i'm using, it's a clearasil one, but then again it might be the quinoderm cream.

Anyone have any advice? I don't want to stop with the regime cus it's goin well, but i may have to..

Thanx for the reply, um i'm not entirely sure what the active ingredient is , but according to the website the 'clever ingredient' is Phenoxyisopropanol (which helps to kill spot-causing bacteria). Is that any help?

Thanx for the reply, um i'm not entirely sure what the active ingredient is , but according to the website the 'clever ingredient' is Phenoxyisopropanol (which helps to kill spot-causing bacteria). Is that any help?

Your eyes could also be catching fumes or whatever from the medicated creams, so make sure you apply nothing near your eyes, you know the area where the shadows (bags) under the eyes appear, keep well outside of that area, that's the best way I can explain it without a picture, but picture an imaginary circle around your eyes, don't apply anything past that circle.

A note of caution:

swelling ( eyelids or anywhere else) is a possible sign of allergic reaction. It may be just irritation, but if it gets worse instead of better, you may be one of those few who are actually allergic.

This is a common thing. Well, not common, but it happens. My theory is that you are keeping clear of the eyes with the bp, but then applying moisturizer or makeup or something over the bp and in effect moving the bp onto the eye area.

So, try to avoid the eye area with all products.

If you were allergic to bp, I would think you would be swelling everywhere you put it on, so hopefully that is not the case.

This is a common thing.  Well, not common, but it happens.  My theory is that you are keeping clear of the eyes with the bp, but then applying moisturizer or makeup or something over the bp and in effect moving the bp onto the eye  area. 

So, try to avoid the eye area with all products. 

If you were allergic to bp, I would think you would be swelling everywhere you put it on, so hopefully that is not the case.

I had the same reaction when I first started using the BP. It was just as Dan had mentioned. I had made sure to stay away from my eyes when applying the BP, but then forgot when I would apply my moisturizer and some makeup.

What solved the problem was to apply moisturizer on my eyelids and under-eye VERY GENTLY, of course, before applying any BP. This made a huge difference. Keep it up. After I changed my technique the swelling went away within about 24 hours.

smile.gif