Notifications
Clear all

i wanna wear tank tops

MemberMember
(@aizzuh)

Posted : 05/01/2005 10:18 am

but i can't coz of stupid bacne... it's not just one or two pimples. its SEVEREEEEE!!! I'm so sad. i get jealous of all the girls who can wear tubes and tank tops.. i'm pretty slim and love clothes... i feel soooo deprived. sad.gif

MemberMember
(@turnergirl)

Posted : 05/01/2005 10:31 am

aww mate i have a similar problem and got quite a few tops

do you have chest acne? or is it just bacne?

MemberMember
(@aizzuh)

Posted : 05/01/2005 11:01 am

unfortunately, chest acne, too. sad.gif

MemberMember
(@turnergirl)

Posted : 05/01/2005 11:06 am

aww i have it on my chest too

give me a little while and i shall post some pics of tops, i have the same problem (no bacne but i have a few scars on there from something else so i like to cover it too)

edit: woooooo body acne fashion thread lets go lol.gif

MemberMember
(@blo0dcriesz)

Posted : 05/01/2005 12:07 pm

but i can't coz of stupid bacne... it's not just one or two pimples. its SEVEREEEEE!!! I'm so sad. i get jealous of all the girls who can wear tubes and tank tops.. i'm pretty slim and love clothes... i feel soooo deprived. sad.gif

MemberMember
(@ladymacbeth998)

Posted : 05/01/2005 2:29 pm

I have it on my chest. I never used to get body acne, but now all of a sudden, I have it on my chest, too. I don't wear tanks anymore, either sad.gif I should just tell myself, fuck everyone, who cares what peole think, and wear them anyways. sad.gif

MemberMember
(@i_hate_acne)

Posted : 05/01/2005 2:44 pm

All of a sudden, I started getting bacne about a month or so ago. I'm getting those big cysts, and I already have scars on my back. This reslly sucks because my back used to be completel clear and had great skin. Summers coming and I'm going travelling for a few months. I know it's gonna be hot, and not too sure if I'm gonna be able to wear tank tops. Well, at least if I decide to wear them, I'll still have my long hair to cover them up.

MemberMember
(@hikari128)

Posted : 05/01/2005 3:46 pm

i dont have back acne anymore... i just have a lot of red marks so I don't like back less either.

=(

so many years without having to be able to wear a tank top without an over shirt.

sucks...........

when i had long hair, it covered it though.

but i chopped it and its just past my shoulders.

i'm hoping that the stupid red marks will go away!!!!!

MemberMember
(@turnergirl)

Posted : 05/01/2005 4:48 pm

ok then girlies - i have a real problem with shopping and since finding pics i have actually bought far to much stuff eusa_shifty.gif

I had really severe acne on my chest but none enywhere else at all though i have scars on my back which i like to cover (check my gallery link on my sig)

so here we go welcome to the fashion show - there is actually alot of stuff you can get away with. If you are in the u.s i apologise but you get the general idea

ok bad example but you can get them with slightly higher necks i always wear these seriously have too many colours

user posted image

just bought this in red eusa_shifty.gif its cool though i used to wear this a fair bit when my acne was at its worst it looks like you dont have any acne because of the split but really i promise it doesn't show

user posted image

this sort of thing it cool for going out in - i have one similar but not in this colour eusa_sick.gif it may be a little low but it still looks good it you shorten the straps slightly so it shows less (what i did to mine)

user posted image

and lastly if you have it not so severe at the top like me (mine was all my my boobs sad.gif ) you can get away with this i just used some conceiler and stuff on the bits on show and you would never know. Its another top that looks lower than it is

user posted image

if anyone else has got any stuff like that feel free i for one want to know biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@i_hate_acne)

Posted : 05/01/2005 5:00 pm

Cool eusa_angel.gif , those clothes look really pretty. My only problem is that I dont want anything to be too tight, because I've heard they make acne even worse. And yeah, that yellow shirt in the second pic, I wear those shirts almost everyday because those are the uniforms I have to wear. I have them in white, blue, and red.

MemberMember
(@trillian)

Posted : 05/04/2005 4:29 am

Ech. I know the feeling. I hate not being able to wear a lot of clothes. >_<

MemberMember
(@monicah)

Posted : 05/04/2005 11:39 am

Hi! I know how frustrating it is. You've probably read and even tried the advice given here about washing with this soap and that soap. I tried washing with Head and shoulders, but it didn't make a difference on my bacne. Then just recently I bought Dove. I don't remember the exact name of it (I can find it later if you want to try this) but I just applied it on my back straight from the bottle in the mornings without showering. I just left it on while doing other stuff. After a while my back turned red, but it didn't hurt or anything. Then I washed it off and dried my back with a clean towel. My bacne is completely gone and the skin on my back is so soft! I look great now and I haven't had a new cyst since I started doing this! eusa_dance.gif

MemberMember
(@poorprettyface)

Posted : 05/05/2005 5:24 pm

So yeah i would really like to know about this Dove. I for one cant wear any of those becsue my acne is on my shoulder sand up around the top of my chest. But i too am clearing it slowly. Hope this works. I am eager to wear my clothes again. Especially with summer coming. But if you could explain more about dove...i love dove products but havent been using htem except my night cream..which is absolutely amazing.

MemberMember
(@monicah)

Posted : 05/06/2005 10:39 am

It's called Dove Indulging Cream Shower. I apply it straight from the bottle on dry skin and leave in on for a few minutes (usually until my skin becomes slightly red). Then I wash it off with water and dry my skin with a clean towel. I used to do it once a day in the morning, but now I do it before I go to bed as well.

MemberMember
(@olivetree)

Posted : 05/07/2005 4:35 am

I used to have a lot of chest acne, and my back acne is finally clearing up. I still have the red marks. It's really the only reason why I'm shy undressing in front of people. Anyway, have no fear you guys, it will eventually clear up--the marks too. Here are some things I've tried:

1) Aloe Vera gel. I used to put this on my chest and back. It does help to clear up the skin and the red marks, but the only problem is that during the summer, it gets sticky when you sweat. The combination of your sweat and shirt sticking to your shirt makes you break out again.

2) Liquid body wash and a loofa sponge. This helped to keep my back clear, but I'm not sure how strong it was by itself since I was on oral meds. You have to make sure to replace your sponge every few months because bacteria does build up in it.

3) Oral antibiotics. I've tried a long list of them. One of the first ways I know that one will work for me is that the texture of my skin gets softer, most noticeably on my back and chest. I actually got to enjoy one summer being acne free on my body and chest, and boy did I enjoy it. (Unfortunately, I had a pregnancy scare shortly after and decided to stop using the doxycyclin, which made my acne come back.)

4) Birth control pills. It helped my acne just a little bit, but combined with other things (like the loofa sponge and body wash), it can actually be pretty effective.

5) Washing my back and chest AFTER rinsing my hair thoroughly. My problem was that conditioner would leave a residue on my back, so what I do now is wash my hair, put it up with a clip, and then very thoroughly massage soap into my back and chest. It has helped me clear up A LOT.

6) Applying BP gel on my back has helped quite a bit too. I only do it at night (make sure to put on a white shirt). It sucks because on the nights I wear bp gel to bed, I have to shower twice a day, but it has helped my skin improve a lot.

And you guys really should be proud and wear tank tops. It helps other girls with bacne get the courage to follow suit.

MemberMember
(@mmmkay)

Posted : 05/07/2005 12:17 pm

I *totally* know how you feel! My main problem is back acne, not huge cysts or anything but a few pimples and mostly just small bumps (comedones). I hate it though because I'm quite slim *too* and I would love to wear backless clothes but yeah! doubt.gif

Anyways, Aveeno Positively Radiant Body Wash has helped my chest acne (I barely ever get any acne there... maybe a few *tiny* ones usually at that time of the month)!!

Well, good luck hun... and I totally feel your *pain*! biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@rowan)

Posted : 05/07/2005 5:33 pm

Turner Girl, what a nice thing to do and post those pictures with the cute tops. And Olivetree I love what you said about being brave and wearing tank tops anyway to give other girls the courage to do the same. Has anyone thought of designing beautiful gowns for the ladies that do get back and/or chest acne? I do think it could be VERY PROFITABLE!$$$$$$ Its something to think about.

MemberMember
(@emguitarist)

Posted : 05/12/2005 4:51 pm

I have moderate to bad back acne and chest, especially shoulders. I've definitely reached the point of just not caring what people think anymore. I wear wifebeaters to the gym all the time. My plan of action is to negate any less-than-aesthetically-pleasing effects of back acne with the good effects of back muscles. cool.gif

MemberMember
(@boneesha)

Posted : 05/15/2005 6:48 pm

smile.gif hi guys and gals

i am new to this website and i just want to say that i am sooooo sympathetic to everyone suffering from horrible body acne! i have chest and bacne and it has been persistent for over a year with a couple clear months here or there. i am now pregnant and it has gotten worse. sad.gif

i wanted to give you some advise though on keeping it under control (it has helped me some):

i wash with a 5% glycolic wash with a loofah

i let my skin dry and i wipe witch hazel on the affected area.

i use diluted tea tree oil on the red, irritated skin

i wash with water and follow with witch hazel after excersizing

wear cotton!

i don't wear anything to bed to prevent sweating

try not to pick, but if you do have the desire, only do it after a hot shower because pores open up.

i put powder on my skin on hot days to prevent my clothes from sticking to me

good luck ladies on the fashion! halter tops with long ties around the neck work too because it covers your front and the tie partly covers your back...

if anyone has any more advice, let me know!!!

boneesha

MemberMember
(@emguitarist)

Posted : 05/15/2005 11:01 pm

smile.gif hi guys and gals

i am new to this website and i just want to say that i am sooooo sympathetic to everyone suffering from horrible body acne! i have chest and bacne and it has been persistent for over a year with a couple clear months here or there. i am now pregnant and it has gotten worse.  sad.gif

i wanted to give you some advise though on keeping it under control (it has helped me some):

i wash with a 5% glycolic wash with a loofah

i let my skin dry and i wipe witch hazel on the affected area.

i use diluted tea tree oil on the red, irritated skin

i wash with water and follow with witch hazel after excersizing

wear cotton!

i don't wear anything to bed to prevent sweating

try not to pick, but if you do have the desire, only do it after a hot shower because pores open up.

i put powder on my skin on hot days to prevent my clothes from sticking to me

good luck ladies on the fashion! halter tops with long ties around the neck work too because it covers your front and the tie partly covers your back...

if anyone has any more advice, let me know!!!

boneesha

MemberMember
(@vrrrrrrrrg)

Posted : 05/15/2005 11:02 pm

well ive had bacne for SIX YEARS!!! holy cow, for the last 6 years i havent worn a shirt that showed my back!!! the last month ive been able to wear low cut shirts. Ive been on accutane for a little over 4 months, its wonderful! my chacne is completely gone and my back is soooo smooth. there are still a bunch of left over red marks. I have only 2 zits on my entire body. i used to have hundreds on my back. seriously!!! and pores used to be clogged with sebum and my chest would have tons of invisible bumpy clogged poors. the pores on my nose were constantly filled with oil and now i dont have any of that. my hair is NEVER greasy! is awsome. honestly i could go 2 weeks with out washing my hair and it would still look clean. ive only done it once, as a test. Accutane is the love of my life and i reccomend it to anyone!!! Read my log for more info!! any questions just ask!

MemberMember
(@boneesha)

Posted : 05/16/2005 1:51 am

actually, it does bide well with time--it's just washing and wiping, after you have the products that is. that's all.

trust me. i'm a full time student, i work full time, i'm a professional dancer, and i'm 5 months pregnant. i don't have time to let masks dry and all that gunk.

MemberMember
(@ndmgal)

Posted : 05/16/2005 1:47 pm

I break out moderately on my back, but i laid outside the other day and the sun pretty much cleared it up. My back actually peeled (i think i left some retina on) and it's nice and smooth now. Not that i recommend leaving retina on! The sun really does help clear up skin tho.

MemberMember
(@mmmkay)

Posted : 05/17/2005 8:57 pm

I break out moderately on my back, but i laid outside the other day and the sun pretty much cleared it up. My back actually peeled (i think i left some retina on) and it's nice and smooth now. Not that i recommend leaving retina on! The sun really does help clear up skin tho.

MemberMember
(@ack)

Posted : 05/25/2005 11:43 pm

Ahh, Im fourteen and I NEVER had bacne or anything before, but now i started getting it on my shoulders on on my back. Not severly, but enough to stop me from wearing backless shirts.

I just recently tried using Oxy body wash for acne-prone skin with a shower moisturizer after.

it kina works but not with the best results

I need something that will help clear it up and i can buy at the store thats effective.