Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dancerblue

Has anyone used clindamycin phosphate?

My brother uses that medication, he has mild acne and i think its working pretty good for him. he started using it some time last month, and from what i have noticed he has gotten only one pimple since he's been on it. let me know if it works well for you.

yeah it works great(at least for me)...I hadso severe acne that if it failed the derm told me that I would have to take accutane. Now, I have great clear skin, due o the mincycline and clindamycin the derm prescribed me...I especially REALLY like the clindamycin

My brother uses that medication, he has mild acne and i think its working pretty good for him. he started using it some time last month, and from what i have noticed he has gotten only one pimple since he's been on it. let me know if it works well for you.

My younger brother has also used this stuff. It cleared him up almost copmpletely, until he developed a complete resistance to this antibiotic.

And he had then a huge , gigantic flare-up of cystic acne. Then he had to start Accutane (a month ago).

I think that anyway a simple Antibiotic treatment is only a replacement treatment - it kills bacteria that in fact aren't the real cause of most acne cases. The real reason of acne is bad (hereditary) keratinization process of epidermis - in simple words - the plugging of the pores with dead skin cells and some sebum (there needn't to be much of it, just to make a solid clot with the corneocytes [dead skin])

So the only real treatment (yet not cure - there is no, save aging) is exfoliation - topical retinoids (retin-a for e.) or oral ones (Roaccutane).

As for me, when I used to use Dalacin T (solution), my mild acne spiralled down to a heavy, cystic acne - it irritated and worsened my skin so much that I could not recognieze myself!!!!!!! So it was NO good for me - DEFINITELY! I think I would even overgrow acne if only I stuck to BP or just a mild cleanser. Now, like my broth. I'm on Accutane.