Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lauryn

how to deal with hypersensitive people

Are you Hypersensitive?

If you are hypersensitive, you are extremely emotional and take everything to heart. Though hypersensitive people have a great need for companionship, they need acceptance and can’t take even a little criticism from anybody. They sulk and withdraw when criticized, have a low self-esteem and are highly bothered about their personal shortcomings

Hypersensitivity can be defined a disorder of feeling too quickly hurt, affected, and/or resentful in response to the events and discomforts of everyday life. Hypersensitive people are emotionally affected more easily and quickly than the vast majority of their peers. Hypersensitivity can arise from inherited constitution, depression, active drug and alcohol intoxication, and many other sources. Hypersensitive people have something wrong with them that they need to face, fix, and manage.

i think a lot of us forget the some people need to be handled with kid gloves

Guest Zitro

I'm sensitive, but it only has made my personality better IMO.

I don't have hypersensitivety though.

i know since being afflicted with a plethora of disorders i have become extremely hypersensitive

but not on forums cuz the internet isnt real

Yeh, sometimes people just need to be reassured constantly that they are ok. I had a episode of fairly major depression for around two years when I was 14-15. Since then i've had a whole lot more control over my mood, just because i'm so petrified of ever feeling that bad again. So I'm a lot less sensitive than I was before, but i don't think it's made me a better person. I can be a bit of a pratt sometimes, but i'd rather be a functional pratt than a depressed good-guy.

Maybe sometimes hyper-sensitive people just need a kick up the proverbial, a really awful experience, to toughen them up. Of course that would be a stupid way to help someone (and i don't think certain personality types should be "treated"), but i'm almost glad i have those two years of hell behind me, just because i'm tougher for it now. That said, i still can be a wimp about relationships and acne, but it isn't life and death anymore. My hypersensitivity came from a complete lack of perspective, and spending two years embarassing myself constantly (depressed people often say and do ridiculous things at inopportune moments-often public places) certainly gave me perspective.

So i suppose the issue is whether to appease a hyper-sensitive person and constantly tell them what they need to hear, or be brutally honest, and try and allow them to develop some realistic expectaions of life.

I think im very hypersenitve, my emotional problems are pretty crippling most of the time, and i have recurring depression that is interfering with every aspect of my life. i oftern wonder if i will be able to lead a normal life free from this.

The hardest thing is explaing how I feel to people.

when i have a depressive episode being told to "pull myself out of it" is just the worst thing ever.

when i have a depressive episode being told to "pull myself out of it" is just the worst thing ever.

Yeh, sometimes people just need to be reassured constantly that they are ok. I had a episode of fairly major depression for around two years when I was 14-15. Since then i've had a whole lot more control over my mood, just because i'm so petrified of ever feeling that bad again. So I'm a lot less sensitive than I was before, but i don't think it's made me a better person. I can be a bit of a pratt sometimes, but i'd rather be a functional pratt than a depressed good-guy.

Maybe sometimes hyper-sensitive people just need a kick up the proverbial, a really awful experience, to toughen them up. Of course that would be a stupid way to help someone (and i don't think certain personality types should be "treated"), but i'm almost glad i have those two years of hell behind me, just because i'm tougher for it now. That said, i still can be a wimp about relationships and acne, but it isn't life and death anymore. My hypersensitivity came from a complete lack of perspective, and spending two years embarassing myself constantly (depressed people often say and do ridiculous things at inopportune moments-often public places) certainly gave me perspective.

So i suppose the issue is whether to appease a hyper-sensitive person and constantly tell them what they need to hear, or be brutally honest, and try and allow them to develop some realistic expectaions of life.