Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alisha

I honestly have no idea.... Huge pores or scars??

I'm new. Excuse me if i'm doing something wrong.

But I really don't know if i have something like icepick scars or just HUGE PORES.... I did a search but I couldn't find any pictures I could compare to. I'm kinda nervous that I'm doing something wrong... but here's my face (left and right)

http://www.juxtap0sed.com/bpos1.jpg

http://www.juxtap0sed.com/bpos2.jpg

(bpos means big pores or scars?)

Oh yeah, I started taking minocycline and differin three days ago... and I started the apple cider vinegar this morning, and it felt good (but it didn't sting... and i didn't dilute!)

Thank you so much,

Alisha

Alisha, your skin is VERY similar to mine...a nose wracked with blackheads, flanked on both sides by that huge pore/ice pick mess, turning into many red marks and a few pimples on the cheeks.

Using just about anything with SA or GA seems to reduce the appearance of the pores there, upon close inspection I realize mine are smaller than they used to be...though it might be the vinegar too. Now that I think about it, my face does look a bit better than usual right now, but let me tell you...no matter how much better you think you've improved your scars, never look in the mirror in the car on a sunny day, LOL.

Since we're so similar I'd be interested in following how you're doing over time.

--Josh

Alisha, my skin is similar to yours.

Does anyone know of any treatments or techniques that are effective in reducing pore size?

I need some help....for everyone who have large pores:

- Where are most of your large pores found (i.e cheeks, close to nose, foreehead...)?

- Are enlarged pores from acne or is it genetics?

- And when did you guys start noticing that you had large pores or were you born with them?

Anyway, i know these question might seem a bit stupid...im just very curious because i have quite a few on my cheeks and under my eye and ive just started to notice them because i look at the mirror soo damn much and i also had Photodynamic Therapy (Blue light) done with ALA a while back...so that might have contributed to them but the procedure is supposed to improve pore size....im so confused...anyway, hope someone can help

Matt

I need some help....for everyone who have large pores:

- Where are most of your large pores found (i.e cheeks, close to nose, foreehead...)?

-  Are enlarged pores from acne or is it genetics?

-  And when did you guys start noticing that you had large pores or were you born with them?

Anyway, i know these question might seem a bit stupid...im just very curious because i have quite a few on my cheeks and under my eye and ive just started to notice them because i look at the mirror soo damn much and i also had Photodynamic Therapy (Blue light) done with ALA a while back...so that might have contributed to them but the procedure is supposed to improve pore size....im so confused...anyway, hope someone can help

Matt

Thanks Lexy...your the best...you always seem to reply to my questions...anyway yeah i have large pores on my nose and around my nose too for a long long time...but what about more on your cheeks?

Matt

Hi. I'm new to this board too so I apologize if I'm doing something wrong. I have a combination of large pores & icepicks & have asked around if dermabrasion helps with the pores & was told that it did not. However, I am having punches (for the icepicks) with Dr. Y in mid-July & then a dermabrasion in mid-August & would be willing to post my before and after pictures so everyone can see for themselves if this is/is not an effective remedy, but.... I don't know how! Please advise!

p.s. barring surgery (which might not work anyway), what are some remedies for enlarged pores?

There are no real "remedies" for large pores, but if you are really good at following a routine, then you can minimize their appearance.

Pores appear larger when dirt and bacteria get trapped in them. So a good, gentle cleanser (I like Yonka's Gel Cleanser or the cleanser they recommend for the Regimen) followed by a gentle scrub (think baking soda) then followed by a cold water splash will help. Try this once and you will be a fan of cold water forever!

Also doing the egg white/lemon mask once a night at first to get tight pores, then gradually decreasing to every other night (because you don't want pores to get so tight your natural oils get trapped inside creating bumps) also helps.

But, you have to be faithful to this plan.....its not something you can do off and on and expect to achieve the same results as if you did it every day.

Good luck everyone!

There are no real "remedies" for large pores, but if you are really good at following a routine, then you can minimize their appearance.

Pores appear larger when dirt and bacteria get trapped in them.  So a good, gentle cleanser (I like Yonka's Gel Cleanser or the cleanser they recommend for the Regimen) followed by a gentle scrub (think baking soda) then followed by a cold water splash will help.  Try this once and you will be a fan of cold water forever!

Also doing the egg white/lemon mask once a night at first to get tight pores, then gradually decreasing to every other night (because you don't want pores to get so tight your natural oils get trapped inside creating bumps) also helps.

But, you have to be faithful to this plan.....its not something you can do off and on and expect to achieve the same results as if you did it every day.

Good luck everyone!

Hi All,

This is my first post here, and pleased to say its a happy one. I have been what i guess you can call "monitoring" or observing these boards for some time now beacuse of my own scarring situation. But after reading this post and looking at your pictures Alisha, i feel a lot more confident about my skin. My "scarring" conditon looks very similar to yours, so I am very pleased to hear that its large pores instead of scares [pheww eusa_dance.gif ]. But I think i still might have some ice pick scars, since some of these pores or scares are whatever are pretty deep. Also a couple rolling on my right cheek (but none on my left, which is weird). On July 4rth ill be visiting my dermatologist and see what he says about the matter. Ill make sure to let everyone know what he reccemonds as soon as i get out smile.gif. Also my dad works for Roche, which i think sells accutane or something (actually something i just stumbled across last night). So if you anyone needs to find out any additional information just let me know, thaks again for everyones activity on these boards

I think the most effective way to remove is to just burn that portion of skin with tea tree oil. Did it once to a portion of my skin just under my lips (accidental). Eventually turned into a scab and peeled off leaving no scars.

I have these enlarged pores between my eyebrows and above which look very noticible and dirty in broad daylight.

Just on that does the skin on the chin heal faster than the skin on my forehead? Is it stronger in other words?

I wouldn't recommend it seriously it isn't very assuring of leaving any scars but if your as desprite as i am you might consider...

Hi All,

This is my first post here, and pleased to say its a happy one. I have been what i guess you can call "monitoring" or observing these boards for some time now beacuse of my own scarring situation. But after reading this post and looking at your pictures Alisha, i feel a lot more confident about my skin. My "scarring" conditon looks very similar to yours, so I am very pleased to hear that its large pores instead of scares [pheww  eusa_dance.gif ]. But I think i still might have some ice pick scars, since some of these pores or scares are whatever are pretty deep. Also a couple rolling on my right cheek (but none on my left, which is weird). On July 4rth ill be visiting my dermatologist and see what he says about the matter. Ill make sure to let everyone know what he reccemonds as soon as i get out smile.gif. Also my dad works for Roche, which i think sells accutane or something (actually something i just stumbled across last night). So if you anyone needs to find out any additional information just let me know, thaks again for everyones activity on these boards

Guest delta force operators

scarring can look like large pores sometimes...

from what i know i heard large pores..is not genetics..but a hormone imbalance..

body builders shoot up steriods..and when they get off they get a hormone imbalance

CHANGES IN THE SKIN:

For the most part this is noticed with the developing of acne. An already existing acne may get worse or a non-existing acne may be evoked. Male athletes are less affected than female athletes. The development of acne and its extent here also depends largely upon the individual's constitution, the consumed steroids, and the dosage. The receptors of the sebaceous glands have a high affinity to DHT so that one must assume that steroids, which are partially transformed into DHT in the body, are the main cause. This may also be the reason why the injectable testosterone, followed by Anadrol and Dianabol, are the number one cause of acne. With the increased sebaceous gland production oily skin occurs and, in combination with bacteria and dead skin, the pores become clogged. This can further, depending on one's disposition, lead to blackheads, pimples, pustules (filled with pus), or even cystes. Males experience the acne mainly on the back, shoulders and chest, less in the face, whereas female athletes are mainly affected in the face and on back and shoulder. Not only is there damage to the body's largest organ, the skin, but the noticeable acne is, even for an outsider, a distinct sign of steroid use. For many, acne can also be a psychic strain, presenting problems especially then, when small scars and holes remain in the face. An acne which is localized to the face only, can be minimized with the local application of e.g. benzoyl peroxide or ointments containing antibiotics. If larger body areas are involved, LIV radiation (tanning studios) or the oral use of prescription drugs such as Tetracycline (antibiotic) or Accutane may be helpful. One must observe that oral antibiotics have an antianabolic effect and should, also, not be used in connection with sun exposure or LIV radiation. Females may permanently lose their normal, soft skintone since the skin can become>>>> larged pored <<<<and uneven due to the continued use of androgenic steroids, antiestrogens, and excessive sun exposure. Stretch marks and skin fissures in the shoulder/chest area, on the inside of the upper arm, and on the buttocks, are often seen in athletes using steroids. This usually results from too quick a weight increase since the skin cannot adapt quickly enough or stretch.

Wow, your skin condition looks nearly identical to mine. And I think I may be able to help.

For the past month or so, I've been using an 8% alpha hydroxy cream in conjunction with the Regimen. Personally, I think the AHA cream has done miracles for my pores.

Basically, I use it twice daily on the affected areas (nose and inner cheeks, like you). It helps to loosen the gunk that's in the pores, and prevent more from clogging them. Then, once a week I wash with warm water to open my pores and use Biore pore strips. The first time I did this I was amazed how much stuff came out! I'd used the pore strips before with little success ...using them in conjunction with the AHA made them much more effective.

Over the past month or two, I've seen a dramatic improvement, especially on my nose. As I remove the gunk from my pores, they begin to shrink back to a normal size. Some areas already look as though they were never affected. It's a slow process, and I've still got a ways to go, but I've definitely improved.

Good luck! smile.gif

PORES! Not scars..but it could turn into scars if you dont do something about the rest of the pimples. Uhmm..try scrubbing with baking soda for couple nights before going to bed..Its supposed to prevent scars and minimize the size of pores. Tell me how it works! =)

*Dont scrub with baking soda alone, it may damage the skin cos of its rough texture, mix in a lil bit of salt and warm water so that its barely thick enough for you to grasp into your palms.