Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sissuperstar

Superstar's Accutane/Amnesteem Journal

I'm hoping that part of the reason I've been so tired is that I'm on my period. Maybe when that's over with I will perk up a bit.

Yesterday I got two little pimples on my jawline, one on each side. Must be the period hormone thing, but they're almost gone already (yes, I picked at them). I'm nervous because I will have to skip a period by taking two packs of birth control pills in a row so that I am not on my period right before the wedding. I've done that before, but now I'm nervous that the hormones will make me break out again. I see the doctor again next Friday, so I'll ask her when she thinks I should do that.

Hi! How are things going for you? Did you have a nice 4th of July?

I went in for my last refill appointment this morning. I have a cyst thing on my cheek by my lip, so I asked the doctor for a cortisone injection. I've never had one before, and she's never GIVEN one before, so I'm curious to see what happens. Have you ever had one?

I'm disappointed that my skin isn't clearer by now, but it is so much better than when I first started. I hope it stays clear and that I don't wake up the morning of my wedding with a giant (or small) zit somewhere. I will be devastated!!!

I asked the doctor for a cortisone injection.  I've never had one before, and she's never GIVEN one before, so I'm curious to see what happens.  Have you ever had one? 

The doctor must have diluted the solution too much, because it didn't really make a big difference in the cyst. I of course had to pick at it, when will I ever learn?! Hopefully she can refer me to a dermatologist who can take care of any more that might come up.

sorry about the cyst? how is it going?

Also sorry it's been awhile - I had to move two weeks ago and still just getting settled in.

Update on skin is that really nothing new. I'm still breaking out, but not horrible, anywhere from 2-6 pimples on my face at one time (middle to large ones - i get under the skin small ones still as well). But nothing too embarrassing that I won't hang out w/ friends over the skin which is nice. My arms are still petty rough, but I just put cream on them morning and night and wear 3/4 length shirts - ha. I have faith it will get better. I'm nearing my 3rd month mark and I've heard the third month is the month of great clearing....let's hope!!!!

That's about it from me- how you are all doing???

I'm on it for six months. However, I hope my insurance covers it for six months - I didn't even think to ask. They didn't say it would only be five, so cross fingers. I only pay 5 dollars a month right now - for the generic. Which is amazing considering how much I was paying for over the product items. Yay that you are almost done. I'm just two weeks from my half way mark. I can't wait till I don't have any mark on my face - it will be bliss!

no i'm sorry - I wish I did have pics, but when I started it I didn't want a camera near my face - I can post pics of me now - but I don't know if that will help.

DAY 95

Okay so I know it's been forever since I've updated but that's b/c after the first six weeks of improvement I've been kind of a standstill. eusa_wall.gif I'll have pretty clear days then get my normal chin breakout again. But here is a quick update as of right now. I'm really hoping now that I'm 3 months into it this month will be my total clearing month (cross fingers).

Body Acne:

Back : just occasional small ones on my upper back here and there but overall pretty good.

Chest - I got a little three pimple breakout last week, and then a single one the other day but it's cleared up again - which is nice. I do have scarring on my chest that my dermatologist likes to point out every time I go in - oh well.

Arms - GOOD NEWS! eusa_dance.gif Well first it was bad news, my exemia got really bad on my arms, but it was right at the time of my appointment (last Monday) so he gave me a prescription and it has gotten a thousand times better - I actually wore a short sleeve shirt which I haven't done is quite sometime.

Neck - One or two here and there but for the most part clear

Face -

Forhead - clear

Cheeks - I got one or two a week or so ago - but they have cleared, but I do have a few tiny tiny cysts type bumps under one eye - barely noticeable but they bug me.

Chin/Jawline - Still having breakouts. Right now not horrible I have three small bumps and what looks like a few more emerging - but still I can't wait till it's just clear - will be so nice!!!! razz.gif

Well that's it from me - how are you all doing (anyone that is reading this).

Hi!

I don't want to discourage you, but just so you don't feel like you're alone in this. I have less than a week left in my Accutane, and I still get little pimples here and there. I haven't been completely clear for more than a day or two at a time, but the difference between now and before I started is HUGE. My back has been clear for awhile now, and so has my chest and neck. The pimples I do get are generally either on my chin or on my cheeks, almost always in the same spot.

I'm glad to hear your excema is clearing up. I hope your face gets and stays clear!! I sure can't wait to be done, I am so tired of my arms itching and my lips being chapped and feeling so sore and tired all the time!! I am seeing a dermatologist a month after I finish to discuss either a maintenance program with the Accutane, taking a low dose a few times a week for 6 more months (ugh!!) or any other suggestions he has, like facial peels or lasers or something. Has your derm talked to you about anything like that?

Okay so has it been years since I've written - no but lots of months. Okay so I'm currently about six weeks post accutane. I was pretty dang clear the last two months (maybe a few tiny ones here and there). And was clear for three gloriosus weeks - then they started to come back the tiny bumps and whiteheads on my forehead. Which is actually kind of funny b/c that is what cleared up the fastest and now i'm getting bumps on the sides of my face. However my chin is clear - which is what took the longest to clear up. So anyway I'm using bp get on my forehead and that is maintaining those pimples. I'm trying not to panic. I'm at the time of the month (period) so I'm going to see if this week it clears back up - if not then I'm going to move up my post accutane check up (which is set for December 22) and beg to be put on Accutane again. I was on the generic the first time b/c my insurance requires you try that first so maybe this time I can get on the brad name. Anyway just a little discouraged

okay ive been amnesteem for a month now and ive have tried every chapstick on the market for my extremely chapped lips....

does anyone have any recommendations to a good working chapstick?