Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't know what goes on in my head, but for some reason I avoid mirrors at certain times, and can't get myself away from them at others. It's never on a schedule, but sometimes I feel the need to look the other way when near a mirror, and other times I stand in front of it for 15 minutes.

Even the setting doesn't matter, at school I'll have the same feelings as when I'm at home. Only certain times do I want to look in a mirror, and other times I'm completely repelled by them.

Anyone have experiences with this? I can't quite put my finger on it...

- CaN 0

yes, i have the same feelings at times.

sometimes i can't look in the mirror at all. look the other way when i pass one

other times i cant stop looking at myself. I just stand there making all these different facial expressions..

HA! I was just looking at myself in the mirror and it was funny cause i was saying to myself 'damn i look ugly in this view.....but....i...look...pretty good....in..this view!' and i kept looking one way and turning my body and tilting my head in different positions until i found a spot i look good in and i even made facial expression like Mil0 just mentioned...

Sometimes i could stare at myself forever...im not saying im goodlooking or anything but im always amazed that THIS is me, you know that i mean?

I usually use those postions i look good in, in public, i make sure im facing the same way i was in the mirror when im around people, it works sometimes.....

sometimes i even get another portable mirror to put in front of the mounted mirror so i can see myself from side view, and when im not looking at myself. i can look at all the different angles with the other mirror and can spend like 1/2 an hour standing there at times.

I amuse myself in mirrors a lot, until I remember the Truman Show and act like nothing happened.

Also, my upstairs bathroom mirror seems to make my look a lot better than my downstairs bathroom mirror. The mirrors in my car make me look pretty bad.

- CaN 0

When i absolutlely have to look at myself in a bathroom mirror.....i get up REALLY close to it. That way, i don't' see my face as a whole and freak out.

howeeeever, when im in a dimly lit room, im always looking at myself in the mirror. esp, when i feel pretty (not that often). I'll fix up my hair in weird styles, or play the guitar and sing as though im doing some performance.....when im really bored, i sometimes dress up and pose..... yeah that's enough eusa_shifty.gif

Guest Keeley

When ever i look in the mirror... I just look and then go... dont think about how I Look or if i have a new spot...

Guest Zitro

I am beming a bit of an avoider now, I picked yestersday sad.gif

thanksfully, I did not pick my current cyst, so they were only whiteheads meaning that I won't scar.

But picking kills my self-esteem.

I like looking the mirror, right before I leave the house because my makeup is still perfect and I feel like I'm lookin good but after that avoid mirror at all cost to save myself out of misery because later on my face starts to get oily, the makeup wear off and red marks starts to show.

ugh i hate mirros to. its always a love/ hate relationship wit me. ugh its liek i hate lookin the mirror its depressing. but then i have to pull out my 5 X mag mirror just to check out and see how bad it its and how many scars and stuff so i can see what it will look like when the acne goes away.

When i absolutlely have to look at myself in a bathroom mirror.....i get up REALLY close to it.  That way, i don't' see my face as a whole and freak out.

howeeeever, when im in a dimly lit room, im always looking at myself in the mirror.  esp, when i feel pretty (not that often). I'll fix up my hair in weird styles, or play the guitar and sing as though im doing some performance.....when im really bored, i sometimes dress up and pose..... yeah that's enough eusa_shifty.gif

I usually only look at myself when the lighting is right and I dont have any pimples, then, I dont mind looking at myself. But if its a really crappy lighting, ie. bright sunlight, then yeah, I avoid looking at myself because thats when look like crap.

I never used to avoid mirrors, I wanted to know exactly how my face looked and the stage it was in. I also had fluorescent lights in my bathroom so they were twice as bright and more dense than a normal light. I didn't enjoy looking in the mirror most of the time but I did it anyways, it's better to know how your skin looks than to ignore it.